Awoo.

Sonic Unlimited (formerly Sonic 2006 2D)

Lightspines

Hey guys guess what just posted a video update?

Thats right, this thing:

[media=]

Let the bitching commence once more!

Since when could Sonic know how to boost in Sonic 2006? huh.png

Edited by sonfan1984

Since when could Sonic know how to boost in Sonic 2006? huh.png

He could do it via the Blue Custom Gem, but it didn't actually let you hurt anything in mid-boost.

I'll have to check this game out.

Been meaning to, but I think the textures needed more work and it should be zoomed in on Sonic a little bit more, kinda like how the advance games were.

I kind of agree that it's odd that they've decided to break the "authentic" thing again (but in a good way, like how they help you find the falling debris on the last boss).

But yeah the buzzing is really annoying lol.

I find it strange that people are even acknowledging this game anymore - it's become adamantly clear that the development of this game is fuelled almost exclusively with attention, no matter what kind. Honestly, like the game it spawned from, I think it's mostly in everyone's best interests if they simply forget the fucking thing exists.

Hey guys guess what just posted a video update?

*snip*

Modern Sonic gameplay. Edited by Diogenes

Modern Sonic gameplay.

Aw, that's not being fair; at least the Modern Sonic gameplay actually gives you the ability to stand still a good chunk of the time...

• Thumbs Up 2

I find it strange that people are even acknowledging this game anymore - it's become adamantly clear that the development of this game is fuelled almost exclusively with attention, no matter what kind. Honestly, like the game it spawned from, I think it's mostly in everyone's best interests if they simply forget the fucking thing exists.

Well now, don't speak for everyone. As someone who tolerates the occasional go on 2006, I rather like this game as a novelty if nothing else.

I do too, but that's besides the point. By giving them attention, you're encouraging them to make more of it. And while I silently adore the so-bad-it's-good charm of the original '06, I don't really think there's anyone besides these guys out there that really think making more of it is a good idea. Especially in this case, where the design either gets blander or just more outright atrocious the more they seem to work on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I guess. Given the choice I'd much rather see these guys make something new but I'm still curious about how they'll adapt various things.

I do too, but that's besides the point. By giving them attention, you're encouraging them to make more of it. And while I silently adore the so-bad-it's-good charm of the original '06, I don't really think there's anyone besides these guys out there that really think making more of it is a good idea. Especially in this case, where the design either gets blander or just more outright atrocious the more they seem to work on it.

Your basically asking all of us to stop talking about the game which I don't agree with. we should be allowed to speak about (almost) whatever we want to here. If it bugs you that bad, then just continue ignoring the game's existance like you have. but don't tell us to stop talking about something that doesn't agree with you.

Played the game, made me remember how bland the level design was. Just like this message I'm posting.

Gratz on making the engine though. Engine looks solid as far as the platforming goes.

Edited by sayi50

I actually like the stage design, I know if the game wasn't glitch riddled with long load times and stages that were not split paths peoples opinions would be a little different, oh well

Edited by TaliTundie

• 6 months later...

Bump.

So uuuuh yeah, this happened:

Just checked Badog's channel for any updates, looks like they're doing a complete overhaul of the game.

Renew ye hope?

Hey guys, sorry for not updating for so long! We've decided to change the concept of our game a little. Well, actually a lot. We've started from the beginning again,

Oh hey, maybe with a fresh start they'll be able to work out the proble-

and the game will now be built around the concept of more speed

nope

I mean, it's not like I can argue against starting over (if they insist on doing this, anyway), but "more speed" doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. "less limitations" is not bad tho'

So Sonic Rush then?

nop is stil shit gooby

Edited by Derpy the Snowmare
  • Thumbs Up 2

The moment they say they completely overhaul the story and levels, then I'll be interested.

But then they may as well make a completely different game.

While it may be better than the original, there is still so much wrong with it seeing how it borrows most of everything from the it. The only way to truly make Sonic 06 better in any way, shape or form, would be to completely re-do the game from top to bottom or turn it into a completely different game.

Edited by AfroWarrior

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys since the project currently has been abondoned for a reboot I've been trying to find the past versions for archival purposes. It doesn't look like they will fix the mediafire link for the full version think I found the full game for Sonic's story:

http://www.general-files.com/download/gs2d6e03ah2i0/Sonic_TH2D_eng.rar.html

It should be the current one but let me know if its not or if its another broken link. If you can, 1 of you guys keep it so just in case we can't find it again.

Well with a layout reminiscent of the first Sonic games and no more dodgy controls, this looks much better than S06. (Although isn't everything better?)

• 1 month later...

They are back guys in a new pair of duds. what do you think of STH2006 2D reborn?

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well it looks like an improvement, even if there are still some stunningly stupid ideas in it.

Even included Silver's two-shot kill glitch. I don't know whether to be impressed or cry.

*sees redo*

Well. Definitely looks better. I think their approach to the high speed sections shows promise. Hopefully they can take notes from Generations and Colors' strong points and apply it here.

I will find it quite humorous if a fan remake of 06 goes better than the official sequel to Sonic 3.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next.