Awoo.

Your (least) favorite Sonic model?

Match

Dont have a least favorite? All of them are awesome? But if i had to choose, itd be SADX? Really i could stand it, if not for that broken mouthpeice?

Sonic3DBox.png

May he stare into your soul...

I'm no fan of Sonic's redesign, but thank goodness they didn't do it like that :P

lol ill use this image for my sonic album... is it really that bad? I like because sonic looks kinda evil..

Also some people seem to dislike the actual model in that game, but i think its nice.

The SA 2 models, both vanilla and Battle don't look like they were rigged properly. I guess maybe that was intentional to emulate the swoopyness of the related promo art, but I don't think it worked very well. I dunno if I can hold the 3D blast model (The one used to make the in game sprites) against itself, this was mid 90's when not very many places really knew how to CG properly. The Unleashed model has some really strange topology, but I guess it works out alright.

You're confusing the words "model" and "design", deary. This topic is about 3D models.

Technically the term model can describe something used in 2D works as well. The sprites or other drawings are meant to look like a given model whether its a defined 3D model or a set of official characteristics.

I thought that Sonic Fan Remix game did a great job at the wheel of feet.

the models from Chronicles are quite ugly.

Bwahahaha! Those eyes! And uh, everything else. Rouge was an egg head, Shadow and Knuckles were both missing spikes and all the animations (bar Eggman running) were terrible. Yeah, Chronicles models are right up (down?) there as the worst.

I remember liking the Extreme Gear of Riders, however Sonic's shoes a bit to large in that game xD The Unleashed/Generations model for 360/PS3 is best so far.

205353-SonicFilm-Header.jpg

*cough*

But in terms of the games, the Riders models win hands-down. The exaggerated proportions are very strange.

The Heroes/Shadow models got my vote for least favorite Sonic model. Perhaps it's just me, but I just don't find the whole "action figures dumped in a vat of lacquer" look to be particularly appealing. They were especially jarring in Shadow the Hedgehog, where they outright clashed with the whole "grimdark" style of the surroundings.

As for most favorite Sonic model, I say it's the Unleashed-onwards model he currently sports. I like the whole "Classic/Adventure" blend look and, well, I'm a stickler for consistency and I must say, Sonic has not looked so consistently awesome since the Sonic Adventure days.

What gets me about the '06 Sonic model was not just the horrible lankeyness.

killitwithfire.png

deadlol.png

Look at the teeth.

They're like charcoal briquettes painted white and aligned in his gums. The teeth look especially ugly when he drops to the floor dead when Mephiles kills him, as pictured above. They're just ugly and dorky-looking :blink:

• Thumbs Up 3

killitwithfire.png

deadlol.png

Look at the teeth.

They're like charcoal briquettes painted white and aligned in his gums. The teeth look especially ugly when he drops to the floor dead when Mephiles kills him, as pictured above. They're just ugly and dorky-looking :blink:

For some reason, that always made me think of a squirrel...

• Thumbs Up 2

The spines on that model are pretty awful, too. They're so droopy and skinny; Sonic spent that entire game looking like he just stepped out of the shower.

• Thumbs Up 3

The spines on that model are pretty awful, too. They're so droopy and skinny; Sonic spent that entire game looking like he just stepped out of the shower.

Well, that would explain why his Spin Attack didn't work...

• Thumbs Up 3

killitwithfire.png

deadlol.png

Look at the teeth.

I hate to sound like someone who actively bashes fancharacters, but for some reason, I can't help but think of one or two when I look at those teeth... I have no idea why.

In any case, 2006 Sonic did have a good point - he made Unleashed-onwards Sonic all the more better. :D

Edited by Dr. Crusher

deadlol.png

Gawddumn whippersnapper, why'd you hafta go and knock out a poor old man's dentures?

I actually kind of like the Heroes models. Then again, it was pretty much the first 3D Sonic model I ever saw, thus it was weird picking up the Adventures and seeing the models there. Plus, shininess...scales...they kinda go together. :unsure:

I don't like the Heroes/ Shadow the Hedgehog models, I never had a problem with them in Heroes, just Shadow the Hedgehog..I felt that sometime in the game I would experience what everyone else did during that one pokemon episode where it was all 'seizure' especially during Shadow's battle with Devil Doom, OMG I swear my eyes couldn't handle all that ugly brightness, even his eyes were barely visible. I though Riders' and 06's models were the same with slightly altered arm and leg proportions. Unleashed and Colors...I like the Unleashed model, but the Colors one completely throws it off for me, I don't like it for some odd reason, and I believe Colors and Unleashed have slightly different models, because the ps3/Wii Unleashed model is visibly different than the Colors model.

I don't like the Heroes/ Shadow the Hedgehog models, I never had a problem with them in Heroes, just Shadow the Hedgehog..I felt that sometime in the game I would experience what everyone else did during that one pokemon episode where it was all 'seizure' especially during Shadow's battle with Devil Doom, OMG I swear my eyes couldn't handle all that ugly brightness, even his eyes were barely visible. I though Riders' and 06's models were the same with slightly altered arm and leg proportions. Unleashed and Colors...I like the Unleashed model, but the Colors one completely throws it off for me, I don't like it for some odd reason, and I believe Colors and Unleashed have slightly different models, because the ps3/Wii Unleashed model is visibly different than the Colors model.

Colours and Unleashed use the same model. Colours just has fewer polygons.

I was going to say the Sonic R models, but after looking at the Sonic Heroes models I realise that the Sonic R models don't look so bad.

580SegaSaturn_SonicR_copy.jpg

The Shadow the Hedgehog models are probably the best.

Hard to tell,but Sonic 06 is definitely comes to mind first.

They're cross-eyed, Sonic's eyebrows are too fixed down, everyone's too lanky and gangly.

The in-game and promotional image models are badly coloured and shaded, not the cinematic ones though. The cinematic ones are also not quite as badly shaped,but still

Match, if I may call you that/

The first image in your post is an in-game generated cut-scene, the second is a cinematic.

note:

Notice in the first image that Sonic's eye shine is floating slightly away from his eye.

Edited by Mysterics

I didn't like Sonic's shoes in SA2. My favourite model has to be the Unleashed/Generations one, no problems with it at all and the only changes I think we might see is just height differences and shading.

Edited by CobaltBlue

deadlol.png

Look at the teeth.