Awoo.

Sonic Tweet Players Guide

T-Bird

So a lot of people have started Sonic Tweet and are a little confused, or ae just totally and utterly confused.

Here’s my brief description of how to play Sonic Tweet!

BASICS:

First, head to sonic-tweet.jp – you need to do all of your tweeting through this application.

The aim of the game is to tweet and defeat Eggman! Every time you tweet, you deal a certain amount of damage to Eggman; the amount of damage you do depends on your tweet. A word is chosen at random from your tweet, which will be converted into a score and added to an attack power. Words like Sonic (but in Japanese so ソニック) do a lot of damage, but I imagine a lot of you will not want to (or know how to) tweet in Japanese! English words appear to do similar amounts of damage, so don't worry!

Your word is added to at least two other words take from tweets from other Sonic Tweeters, and combined to make an attack score – this total amount of damage is then dealt to Eggman’s HP bar. You can only deal an attack when you have a dash power - this gauge is shown below your EXP bar – once you run out of dash, you must wait half an hour to be able to attack again. Your tweets must be at least 20 characters long in order for the attack to occur. If not, no attack will be launched.

Once Eggman runs out of HP, his contraption will explode and you will be rewarded with a card prize, and experience!

tweet1.jpg

LEVELLING UP:

Levelling up is simple! Defeat Eggman repeatedly to gain more experience – once the bar is filled you will level up. Once you level up though, beware: Eggman will upgrade his contraptions! He will have more HP, and it will take FAR more experience to get to the next level!

You have one advantage on your side though! The higher the level you go, the more luck you have in combining more words together e.g. at level four you can have up to four words adding up to create your attack combo, at level five you can have up to five word combos etc... The higher the level you are, the more attack power you are able to deal!

You will also get an extra dash power orb every time you level up (and they will all fill up upon levelling – so try to use up all your dash before you do level!) Meaning if you spend a while away from Twitter, you will have more dashes stored for when you return!

CARDS:

Each time you defeat Eggman, you will be rewarded with a card. Each card corresponds to a game and shows either a badnik or a character from that game, along with an emerald colour and value. Cards can have a values of between 1 and 5 depending on rarity, 1 being common, 5 being super-rare. Cards can be collected (there are 500 different variants to collect!), or they can be converted to dash (the number of dashes you get for converting each card equals the number on the card), or you can trade the cards with other Sonic Tweeters.

Every day (At midnight Japan time, so currently 4PM GMT, 11AM EST) the card set will change. Each player will receive cards from a particular game (different for every player) as indicated on the front page (see diagram). On specific days however, the theme will be an emerald colour, and the player will receive cards from random games that correspond to the colour of the emerald on the card.

CONVERTING CARDS FOR DASH

tweet2i.jpg

You can convert a card to dash by clicking on the card, and selecting yes or no if you change your mind. In the initial stages of collecting, you might want to keep cards for trade rather than use them for dash to increase your collection! The card is converted to the number of dashes indicated by the number on the card.

TRADING CARDS:

Follow these easy steps!

1. To trade cards, you first need to select the person you wish to trade with – click on their name in your Tweet feed, and their profile should pop up on the right as it does when you do similarly in Twitter. Click on the big green button with arrows on (usually a double click), and that will start a trade.

2. Select the game from which the card is from (Yup, it’s in Japanese, but as the images of the cards appear when you select a game, you can use trial and error). Select from the next drop down the number of cards you wish to trade. All trading cards will appear in the top grey menu. Once you’re done, hit the big bar button at the bottom.

3. You’ll now have a menu asking if you’re sure you want to trade the cards you have selected. Hit the second button on the left to confirm the action.

4. When the person you are trading with receives the trade – they will be notified by a red message below the tweet box. The active trades can also be looked at in the trades tab. Clicking on this continues the trade.

5. The other trader follows steps 2 and 3 again and selects the card to be swapped.

6. The person who initiated the trade will now get a similar notification to confirm the tweet – hitting the yes tab will complete the trade.

• Thumbs Up 7

Thanks T-Bird! I know a lot of people will find this helpful. This really is an addicting game to play!

Has anyone else not been able to get onto Sonic Tweet for the last like 12 hours? For me it just says "Could not connect: User sega-sonic already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections". Am I the only one having this problem?

Has anyone else not been able to get onto Sonic Tweet for the last like 12 hours? For me it just says "Could not connect: User sega-sonic already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections". Am I the only one having this problem?

Sonic Sweet are fixing a problem, and they said sorry for the inconvenience-via their twitter, if you want the full tweet, just translate what they said i guess.

• 1 month later...

Derp derp play this game.

Nah, I'm not here for that, I bumped this because I noticed something...odd about the card choices.

Whoever put the cards together must have been given some STRICT instructions by SEGA. To wit;

-Sega Sonic Arcade and Knuckles Chaotix are entirely absent.

-As are Sonic Spinball and Mean Bean Machine, the cartoon tie-ins.

-As are Sonic Pinball Party, SEGA Superstars, SEG Superstars Tennis and Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing, the dedicated cross-overs.

-As are the Rivals games and Chronicles, both series made in Canada and given little to no release in Japan.

-Sonic Drift 2 DOES appear...but one character is missing; Fang.

...Are they being continuity sticklers or am I just imagining things?

It's a fun game regardless, I'm up to level four. I want some Chaotix cards, but they've all been caught and indexed on Sonic News Network, so I won't be too sad if I miss them. :>