Awoo.

Do adults still play Sonic?

thedarkknight

I have a hard time believing you're 17 years old if you honestly had to ask this question.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm going on 24. I've played Sonic since I was 6 years old.

Go figure.

Edited by thedarkknight

I have a hard time believing you're 17 years old if you honestly had to ask this question.

Going on 27. Playing Sonic games since Sonic 2 and been a Sonic fan for 15 years.

I don't care that people think it's childish to play Sonic, most of these adult rated games hardly appeal to me.

Edited by sonfan1984

You'll find that there's quite a huge amount of people on this forum who are 18 and above. Our Webmaster Dreadknux is 26. You fail to see that a lot of people who grew up with Sonic are either approaching their twenties or are older than 20, such is the appeal of Sonic the Hedgehog ;D

The majority of the this forum is adult. Or at least mature. There's a massive number of adults who play and are avid fans of Sonic. Why did you even ask this? :P

Edited by Onyx Wraith

No, I was thinking it would be childish to play Sonic as an adult, but I was proven wrong. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

• Thumbs Up 2

Silly question is silly =P I'm going to be 27 in October, and I love Sawnik LIKE A BAWSE. In fact, I didn't even get into Sonic until I was around 18 (grew up on Mario), so I was legally an adult before I even became a fan. I also know that I'm not the oldest here and that there's lots of fans around in the their mid-twenties and later (;

I'm 18, and not only do I still openly play Sonic (as well as Mario and other such examples), so do many of my college peers.

Hell, when we have free time in college, we just stick in our emulators and play some Mario/Sonic.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Kids make Games. Kids play Games

Adults make Games. Adults play Games.

I know it sounds obnoxious.

Edited by Ultra_Gizmo_64

I feel so out of place here! D:

I'm so young. But, hell, Sonic is badass, and Call of Duty sucks(/opinion)! Good enough for me!

Edited by Colasaurus Rex

I'm 21 turning 22 in September and still play Sonic and still love him. I've grown up with Sonic since I was 2 years old and still get massive enjoyment out of playing his games new and old. I'm glad I'm not the only one my age who still loves him because my family love to make fun of me for it. Getting older sucks in the regard that you can't enjoy certain things anymore because they are considered childish. At least in other people's eyes. Sonic Unleashed for example despite its ratings is a very difficult game for younger gamers, most of the players and really good players of that game are teenagers and older lol.

There's not exactly some magical age cut off...

Can someone +rep this post? I accidentally -rep'd it instead. Sorry, Nepenthe.

Wasn't there even a mother who was a Sonic fan? I heard it in one of the Status updates here.

Not to sound like a dick, but half the people on this site are over 18, myself included, so do the math.

I'm 27, and I still play Sonic games. HOWEVER being a child of the 1990's I have very fond memories of the 2D games and play them quite a bit to this day. The Sonic Adventure titles I play every so often, mostly for the Dreamcast nostalgia (I love the console to bits).

I really don't play Heroes, Shadow, Riders, Riders Zero Gravity or '06 that often because I feel like they are weak games and I don't have a strong connection to them. When I do play them, it's because I want to check out specific stages featured in games like Generations and All-Star Racing.

Unleashed (day stages) and Colors I play often as they're entertaining games and feature elements from the 2D games which I love. From the look of Generations I'll be playing that a lot.

So to answer your question: adults do play Sonic games but not EVERY Sonic game. As a fan, I've tried every known game (even Tails and the Music Maker for the Pico, lol) but I only return to the titles that I feel nostalgia for or consider to be quality games in their own right. I've come to the conclusion that life it too short to waste on getting 100% on Heroes or even trying to complete Sonic '06.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Can someone +rep this post? I accidentally -rep'd it instead. Sorry, Nepenthe.

No problem. =P

Anyway, to better contribute to the topic, I'm 21 and have been playing Sonic roughly since I was 3 or 4. I figure after 17-18 years of spending money on this guy, I'm in it for the long haul anyways.

Heh, even if I get my own house and have a partner with my own job and children, I'll still be playing Sonic games. (And even wear Sonic-related stuff as well.)

I might even make a Sonic collection.

When I think more about all that:

Too old, too young... OVERRATED.

So yeah. I'll be playing S3&K and SA1 until I die. :lol:

Edited by Tatsumaki

I'll be 200 in 3 months, so yeah.

Most people here are over 18, seeing as most of us grew up in the nineties with Sonic.

Edited by Marcellof
  • Thumbs Up 2