Awoo.

Do adults still play Sonic?

thedarkknight

Furry? O_O

You're a Sonic Forum besides Retro lol.

My Evaluation after reading the shameful Sonic Secrets thread

Edited by ChikaBoing

Sonic is totally hot >_> And I don't consider myself to be a 'furry'.

Yes, there is. It's this person: http://board.sonicstadium.org/user/410-swift178/ She gave birth to a child sometime last year.

Also, I believe many people here remember NetRaptor (who isn't a member of this board). She has TWO children, and she's going to be thirty in early October.

O_O I rememeber them from fanfiction.net. I use to read their stories all the time. I can't believe they have kid(s) now. Congrats to them.

Oh yes, and Sonic is definitely cute/hot. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. ^.^ And no, I'm not sick in the head. for an anthropomorphic hedgehog he looks strangely attractive.

Edited by sonfan1984

Furry? O_O

Lol I swear to you I am far from that. In fact one of the main reasons I hate 06 is the bestiality romance involved in that game and the "kiss" cutscene makes me sick and I feel like my childhood died a little inside. I have no issues with people who are furries though but yeah I'm not one of them lol. XD

I am 14 and I sure as hell aren't giving up my love for Sonic any time soon. My mom's like, "When are you gonna stop liking Sonic? It's kinda childish." I'm like, "BULLSHIT". Well, that's a bit more COLORFUL than in real life, but whatever.

7 years of Sonic, and he's STILL my favorite game character. Although Journey of Dreams got me obsessed with NiGHTS for a few weeks.

• Thumbs Up 2

nope

only neckbeareded manchildren still play sonic

like me

Edited by Dr Jackstraw
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Of course adults still play them. What, you think that when you turn 18, you immediately grow out of Sonic? Nonsense. There are millions of adults out there that like Sonic. Plus, notice that most of the moderators/admins are over 18, and they STILL like Sonic!

Heh I'm 25. Although my attention decreased in the darker years of 1996-1998 and 2005-2008, I've been a fan since Sonic 1. :] I'm known among my friends for it. =P

Edited by Lungo

I'm 18 going on 19 year old this year and I'm still rolling (boosting) at the speed of sound for almost 14/15 years and I ain't stopping ever I love this franchise too much to stop playing and following it :wub: even when I get to my 40's I'll still play it and hopefully with my future kids :)

Edited by SHADDiX LeTO CRoFT

Man, I can't wait to introduce my (eventual future) kid to Sonic. He/she is just going to HAVE to be a fan. Yes, this baby is going to wear a hedgehog onesie with fluffy hedgie ears. The circle of life MUST continue!

• Thumbs Up 6

My younger relatives in Ireland seem to be slowly but surely playing more Sonic. The last time I visited them, they were playing Advance 3.

SUCCESS.

CRUSHER GOT THROUGH ACT 1 OF SELFISH INFLUENCE ZONE

• Thumbs Up 6

We played a drinking game while playing Sonic Unleashed. Everytime you died in Eggmanland, you took a swish.

Best playthrough of Eggmanland ever.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm 20 and fail to see why I'd ever stop playing Sonic games - and other platformers, for that matter. As far as I'm concerned, a good game is a good game, and while Sonic has had a pretty rough decade he's on the mend, and any problems with the series were intrinsic to the game design and not a matter of the games becoming too "childish". I love plenty of other game series, including those which are perceived as being more mature, but I don't feel any pressure to automatically stop liking Sonic. I still get a thrill out of the games and the original Mega Drive titles still stand out today as some of the most memorable and well-designed platformers to grace consoles. Just because something is child-friendly, or aimed principally at children, that doesn't always mean the quality is lacking and that the games can't be enjoyed by older gamers.

For me, both Sonic and Mario represent truly universal games which can, and should be, enjoyed by all, regardless of age or gender. While there are some titles which are aimed "exclusively" at kids - where the developers are more concerned about creating an experience for young children than a great game - I don't believe any main Sonic title has fallen into that category yet. And with recent titles like Sonic 4 and Generations being clearly marketed at an older crowd, while still being fun titles for all ages - I don't think the franchise is in any danger yet.

We played a drinking game while playing Sonic Unleashed. Everytime you died in Eggmanland, you took a swish.

Best playthrough of Eggmanland ever.

A swig for every Eggmanland loss?

Wouldn't that kill?

A swig for every Eggmanland loss?

Wouldn't that kill?

Got my girlfriend to lighten up for some co-op nerd rage. ;)

Got my girlfriend to lighten up for some co-op nerd rage. ;)

But at the risk of becoming a broken, limp shadow of your former self, as you hear the demonic instruments that form the Eggmanland theme music, your sight slowly going more and more dark, with the last thing you see being a blue hedgehog/werehog being ripped apart by machines/having a lava bath?

Eh, I suppose it's worth it.

With all the replies so far, I don't really need to contribute, but I wanna get my bit in :P

I'm 20 in January and I still play Sonic- much to the amusement of some of my mates, but who gives what they think, Sonic was part of my childhood, and it's gonna be a part of my Adulthood :D!

22 years old! Loving Sonic forever.... :3

Edited by Voyant

Some people thinks that when you reach a certain age then you would grow out of the 'kiddy' stuff and act more like an adult.

• Thumbs Up 5

Im 21 and i still play sonic sometimes. Hell i even play with the game boy emulator.

Even if i still play Sonic its not same like when i was 8, i dont know, when you are younger it feels different and cooler. But nostalgia is a big factor when i replay games that i played in my youth.

Honestly, in 10 years i dont see me playing that much, you have another life, work, family, other things to think of instead of gaming. Even now i play less then when i was 12~18.

But if you ask me, i want play Sonic even when im retired. Then i can say to my grandsons "In my days this was the biggest thing ever!" and they say "Woahh that sucks grandpa, here, look at this amazing sonic game called Sonic 2050 on my Playstation 12! Amazing graphics!!!"

Edited by 100Modem