Awoo.

Theories of Sonic

Unknownlight

And he didn't appear to be "batshit insane" in the first Rush IMO. More polite and cunning than Eggman, yes.

I didn't say he was insane in Rush either. Check my post again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Q: How does sonic do the homing attack?

(This one has baffled me and i only have thought of this recently)

A: When he spins, he spins so fast that if he makes a extremely small and not visible(at least white spinning at super speed) movement with his spikes, he can push the spinning air back and dash forward, sort of like a sideways propeller.

Baking Blue Potato just brought up a good point on MSN. How does Big do it?

Big has a homing attack?

The chaos emeralds are the physical manifestations and source of the seven deadly sins, and have been perverting the minds of key individuals throughout history in order to bring about catastrophic events.

Also, when they're working their mojo all sorts of reality bending shit happens, like roads becoming looptie loops and rings and springs popping up everywhere.

My master theory:

Everyone has an EXACT counterpart, just off in times. You know how Eggman Nega and Blaze exist in the future, when they also exist in the Sol dimension? Simply put, Future (Sonic's Dimension, housing the Chaos Emeralds, as compared to Blaze's dimension, housing Sol Emeralds.) Nega and Blaze's dimensional counterparts are Sol Nega and Blaze. Same thing with everyone else. Where along the timeline does this leave the majority of the Sonic cast in the Sol Dimension? Since the time Nega and Blaze live with Silver is 200 years into the future, it's easy to say that, in Blaze's dimension, Sonic and Eggman would have lived in the 1800's. Yes. MK called it. Steampunk Sonic and co.

Not only is it an easy fix, the Machine Island level in Sonic Rush Adventure gives some backing that stuff was like that once upon a time, and it's a fun answer, too.

AND, I FORGOT ABOUT SOMETHING, BUT IF I EDITED IT IN, NO ONE WOULD NOTICE, SOO...

That first island that I forget = Mushroom Hill

Machine Island = Chemical Plant (with less water/chemicals, as IT'S ALL STEAM NOW.)

Sky Babylon = Sky Sanctuary

Random Island 17 = Leaf Storm

The rest are either normal places that don't have some location they are based off of in Sonic's world that we know of.

These help contribute to my theory, and adds that nature is the same, and the minds of the men are similar, only restricted from technology at the time. Sure, it is probably a lack of inspiration on Dimps' part but hell they can turn it into something.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest

I guess I'll ramble on a bit about how I think the emeralds work.

There are two main points of interest in SA. First is Tikal's incantation: "The servers are the seven Chaos. Chaos is power, power is enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos." Second comes from Tails in Super Sonic's story: "Chaos only used the negative power of the Emeralds. Sonic, you should be able to harness their real power!" The two main things to take from this are that the emeralds' power is connected to the user's heart, and that there are two kinds of energy granted by the emeralds, negative and positive (aka the "real" energy Tails talks about). The user's heart determines what energy they get; Chaos, in his rage and sorrow, got negative energy, while Sonic, with his optimism and desire to protect, got positive.

[...]

The Master Emerald: The Master Emerald's in an odd spot; it's barely been used since the Adventures, and if I had to guess I'd say the writers would like to get rid of it. But I'm not convinced it's been written out like the Super Emeralds were (if only because it was still around when the Age of Plot started), so I'll keep it in. SA established it as "the controller" of the seven, and it was able to stop Chaos' rampage and seal him away in SA, and stop the emeralds from powering the ARK in SA2, but aside from that and being really powerful, it's not really clear what its deal is. It's been compared to an on-off switch for the emeralds, but I'm not convinced that's accurate; it wouldn't explain how Chaos was sealed away, for one. To throw an idea out; "the controller" in Tikal's incantation isn't actually referring to the Master Emerald specifically, but to anyone or anything that can use the emeralds properly. The Master Emerald could be a way to use the emeralds for people who can't do so directly. It has the same power to control them as Sonic, Shadow, etc, except it takes commands from others rather than having its own will (Tikal asking it to stop Chaos being the big one, but also Knuckles asking it where the rest of its shards were and it showing him the Egg Carrier). If this is true, it's likely artificial, created by some civilization which predates even the echidnas...although that's getting into fanfic territory. Also it's possible that the Master Emerald doesn't contain/create any chaos energy itself, but merely draws it from the other emeralds.

Now is the time for The Million-Dollar Question, people.

What are Bumpers ? Why are they everywhere, even in cities ? Why are they located in a logical way ? Who or what created them ?

what ? it's three questons ? go to hell

Edited by Koopalmier

What I find wierd is that somehow in-between the Adventure games Amy somehow mastered the Homing Attack and the ability to grind rails in SA2.....the ironic thing is that although Sonic needed the Soap shoes in order to grind rails in SA2 (Heroes onward had him grinding with his regular shoes), apparently Amy didn't need to change footwear in order to do the same thing.

So thanks to SA2, simply making Amy's gameplay a easier reskin of Sonic's gameplay (easier because she takes less rings in order to do the multiplayer attacks), you COULD say Amy was probably able to grind rails before Sonic could. Probably even before everyone else playable in Heroes who was able to demostrate grinding on rails (sans Shadow, he's been around for 50+ yrs.).

And if Amy can do the Homing Attack, then she doesn't able to rely on her Piko-Piko Hammer as a weapon / self-defense all of the time. Strange that she can't do the HA in 06 though, just attack w/ her hammer and turn invisible.

Edited by Yeow95

What I find wierd is that somehow in-between the Adventure games Amy somehow mastered the Homing Attack and the ability to grind rails in SA2.....
Movesets are a tricky thing to work off of, especially when the games they're from involve fitting characters into predefined templates. I wouldn't count SA2's multiplayer as proof of anything, and I'd question her ability to homing attack in Heroes as well, considering (IIRC) she's never used it since.

the ironic thing is that although Sonic needed the Soap shoes in order to grind rails in SA2 (Heroes onward had him grinding with his regular shoes),
I'm not sure he actually needed them. Didn't the SA2 demo have him with his usual shoes? I think it's more likely they came up with the idea to have Sonic grind, then hashed out a deal with the Soap guys later.

So thanks to SA2, simply making Amy's gameplay a easier reskin of Sonic's gameplay (easier because she takes less rings in order to do the multiplayer attacks), you COULD say Amy was probably able to grind rails before Sonic could.
You could say it but it's not really based on anything. Even if I took SA2's multiplayer as evidence that Amy could canonically rail grind at that time (which I don't), there's no evidence that she was doing it before Sonic.

I wouldn't count SA2's multiplayer as proof of anything, and I'd question her ability to homing attack in Heroes as well, considering (IIRC) she's never used it since.

I did note that she wasn't able to do it in 06....or was this post made before I edited my post?

I'm not sure he actually needed them. Didn't the SA2 demo have him with his usual shoes? I think it's more likely they came up with the idea to have Sonic grind, then hashed out a deal with the Soap guys later.

OK. I was just wondering this because Sonic's Soap shoes, Shadow's shoes, and even Metal Sonic's shoes all have the same design that probably enables them to grind rails in that game. Sonic and Shadow's shoes both have some sort of gap in the center of the soles that enable them to slide/balance on rails, whereas since Metal Sonic is a robot, he could simply adjust his shoes to enable them to balance/grind on rails....not to mention that Metal Sonic is Sonic's clone, so whatever Sonic can do, Metal can do the same. Amy's boots just have regular flat soles, though.

You could say it but it's not really based on anything. Even if I took SA2's multiplayer as evidence that Amy could canonically rail grind at that time (which I don't), there's no evidence that she was doing it before Sonic.

That's also true. By the way, anyone else find it strange that if Amy is able to grind on her feet, then why does she just SLIDE down the rail on her bottom in the Advance games? Doesn't that hurt? :mellow:

Maybe she just has panties of steel.

Edited by Yeow95

It's also kinda ironic that Sonic can breathe in space, but he can't breathe underwater. LOL

Um.....magic?

Anyway, I consider characters like Big or Amy having the homing attack in heroes and Sa2 multiplayer (Amy only for sa2)is non-canon and just for gameplay purposes because in almost every other game, only Sonic and Shadow were able to do the homing attack.

Um.....magic?

Anyway, I consider characters like Big or Amy having the homing attack in heroes and Sa2 multiplayer (Amy only for sa2)is non-canon and just for gameplay purposes because in almost every other game, only Sonic and Shadow were able to do the homing attack.

What about Metal Sonic?....

• 2 years later...

Oh no, not this topic again...

I'll bite. What's the Metal Sonic theory?

I think it's where Metal Sonic is Sonic roboticized. 

In the "Original" Timeline, there was no Metal Sonic. Sonic came to Little Planet, tried to avoid Amy, tried to stop Eggman, but when he got to Stardust Speedway, there was just a wall there, and Eggman with the laser. Sonic can't get past the wall or reach Eggman.

Eggman takes Sonic's dead or unconscious body and roboticizes it. Eggman then sends "Metal" Sonic back in time with those projecters, and to kidnap Amy, and then in Stardust Speedway, he is now at the wall with the "Past" Sonic. 

Well that's pretty obviously not the case, since Eggman doesn't roboticize things in the games.

• Thumbs Up 2

That metal Sonic theory is honestly something that I made (the kid's in love with it). I made a Youtube video and he's sharing it around.

Yeah, I've even acknowledged how roboticization doesn't exist within the game continuity -- aside one or two semi-similar aspects throughout the series.

It's more of a "this sounds a lot more interesting" to me than a "let's explain this" aspect. More about making people go, "Huh. That'd be cool" than "OMG ITS REAL."

I don't know how roboticisation works, but you'd pretty much have to cut off everything except Sonic's head.  Metal Sonic's limbs are far too skinny to contain anything and there's a hole right through the middle of his torso.  Nice use of CD's time-travel, though.

I just chalk it up to science-fantasy, particularly when dealing with Sonic.

I don't know how roboticisation works, but you'd pretty much have to cut off everything except Sonic's head.  Metal Sonic's limbs are far too skinny to contain anything and there's a hole right through the middle of his torso.  Nice use of CD's time-travel, though.

Roboticization is basically just turning every part of the body into pure metal machinery, you'd basically be a robot version of yourself...that's obviously not how it works in the games, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay then, here's a theory I came up with myself

The reason Eggman is using retro badniks in Sonic Lost world....

In Sonic Unleashed Eggman has a HUGE space armada during the opening cutscene which includes the space station with the laser on it (which on a smaller theory, was likely based off the ARK's eclipse cannon) 

The station with the laser in my opinion has a VERY similar structure to Eggman's interstellar amusement park in Sonic colours, this leads me to believe that Eggman's space armada was likely used to make the park with some ships being scrapped for parts and other's obviously being part of Starlight carnival.

This means that when the park was destroyed Eggman lost virtually EVERYTHING, this would perfectly explain why in Lost world he is effectively back to square one in terms of robots, he uses badniks in Lost world because he doesn't have the resources to make full robots

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay then, here's a theory I came up with myself

The reason Eggman is using retro badniks in Sonic Lost world....

In Sonic Unleashed Eggman has a HUGE space armada during the opening cutscene which includes the space station with the laser on it (which on a smaller theory, was likely based off the ARK's eclipse cannon) 

The station with the laser in my opinion has a VERY similar structure to Eggman's interstellar amusement park in Sonic colours, this leads me to believe that Eggman's space armada was likely used to make the park with some ships being scrapped for parts and other's obviously being part of Starlight carnival.

This means that when the park was destroyed Eggman lost virtually EVERYTHING, this would perfectly explain why in Lost world he is effectively back to square one in terms of robots, he uses badniks in Lost world because he doesn't have the resources to make full robots

You know what?  That's actually pretty plausible.