Awoo.

6-year-old asks Norwegian King's permission to be named Sonic X

Psyguy

"Six-year-old Christer was fed up with his name and sent a letter to Norway's King requesting his name to be changed to Sonic X.

There's a couple of things to explain before we continue with this bizarre story. Firstly, Christer wasn't asking the King to change his name to Sonic X, though King Sonic X has a certain ring to it. Secondly, we're not sure why Christer wanted the 'X' addition, since this was the simply title of the Japanese animé adaptation. Nevertheless...

Late last year Christer from Norway wrote a letter addressed to Norwegian King Harald V asking for his name to be officially changed to Sonic X-

However, his parents were reluctant to send the letter. That is until months later Christer asked why they'd yet to post his heart felt request. The letter was sent and amazingly King Harald V replied.

Sadly, the King could not change Christer's name, but not because the change would result in a child running around with a ridiculous video game character's title. No, the request was rejected for the sole reason that at six-years-old, Christer was not old enough to make such a decision. Thus, the boy must contact King Harald V in twelve years time once he's turned 18.

Christer admitted that he was disappointed, explaining that "it was a bit bad." "

- source

Hello, I'm Dr. Sonic X, and I'll be preforming your tripple bypass surgery today.

Beep beeep beeeeeeep

DOCTOR. SHE'S FLATLINING.

DR: GOTTA GO FASTER FASTER FASTER GAH GAH GAH GO.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flyboy Fox

• Psyguy

• SABRINA

• ovarloard

That boy wanted that to be his name? And why the X? That's...a bit ridiculous...

No, the request was rejected for the sole reason that at six-years-old, Christer was not old enough to make such a decision. Thus, the boy must contact King Harald V in twelve years time once he's turned 18.

I hope by the time he's older he'll change his mind. Or will he o_o? I hope he doesn't end up like another person who's name is....Chris....

Edited by Jetronic

Interesting story... the kid's only 6 though, so he's probably still in his little make-believe land.

Can't be any worse than the mother who actually named her son Yuji Naka. Poor kid.

Hello, I'm Dr. Sonic X, and I'll be preforming your tripple bypass surgery today.

Beep beeep beeeeeeep

DOCTOR. SHE'S FLATLINING.

DR: GOTTA GO FASTER FASTER FASTER GAH GAH GAH GO.

Epic win.

Sonic X? Too ridiculous of a name if you ask me esp. the X and the show was hardly good at all. Why not just take the ter of Christer and be named Chris instead? I guess the 6 year old wanted a fun name. If that's the case, then I would prefer Sonic OVA or Satam :D .

Wow, changing your name to Sonic would have been bad enough - but X too? It's like a combination of someone who likes Sonic too much, and someone who likes Malcom X too much. Here's hoping he changes his mind by the time he's 18, good on him for trying though. :P

..Right. Hopefully he will have changed his mind once he turns 18. >.>

Yes, Yuji Naka is a stupid name, but atleast that's a proper Japanese name (and surname). Sonic X is the title of a tv show!

xD oh wow.

Also, The person whom named their baby "Yuji Naka" actually named her "YujiNaka" as a first name, and it was a GIRL. XD; That makes it odder, imo.

EDIT: The boy was Diz. He's like, 6, right? *SHOT*

Well actually, that was me, this is quite some old news we've got here. Thank you for reminding me, I am now over 18! Mwahahahaha! *Goes straight to Oslo to visit the king* -Diz X3

I take it I am the only one that "Aw'd" at this I thought it was adorable. No doubt when he is 18 he will be fine and will cringe wondering why he wanted to be named after something like Sonic X. Still, I found it adorable. =D

Haha... I've been THIS close... *holds finger and thumb a centimetre apart* ... to changing my name legally, before. Still might, ya know.

Anyways, the kid... that's cute. But kind of bizarre about the 'X' on the end. The only other person I can think of with an 'X' after their name is Malcolm X ^^;

Sonic X? Too ridiculous of a name if you ask me esp. the X and the show was hardly good at all. Why not just take the ter of Christer and be named Chris instead? I guess the 6 year old wanted a fun name. If that's the case, then I would prefer Sonic OVA or Satam :D .

Hello misssster *squinting* Sat Ahm? Sah-Tam? Saugh taughm? Sonic. We'll call you Sonic. Okay. Big fan of the hedgehog?

No I like the hamburger place.

Or Seattle.

Haha... I've been THIS close... *holds finger and thumb a centimetre apart* ... to changing my name legally, before. Still might, ya know.

Anyways, the kid... that's cute. But kind of bizarre about the 'X' on the end. The only other person I can think of with an 'X' after their name is Malcolm X ^^;

xD You'd totally have to send a letter to the Queen, all "Hay dudette, I want my name changed to blankety blank!"

>( I like your name thanksmuch. However, I dunno why everyone only thinks the "X" is odd. xD I've known people with the real last name starting with X. Also, That phoney Simpsons/Futurama writer/producer, David X Cohen. xD...

But indeed. It was nice of the king to respond, too, even if it was a letdown. ^^

im_horrible.jpg

I hate myself sometimes.

That is SO win. When I was a retarded,dumb, high on chocolate,vitamins, and cheesy 90s cartoons

5 year old. I wanted my name to be (oh god I hate myself)...."Charlie Mario". after charlie brown and mario.

If that would have happened, at 18 I would be a bald headed plumber's apprentice who nobody wants to be around

because I'm a blockhead who talks of lotsa spaghetti. or is it the bagel

Aww, I was just like him when I was a kid. As soon as I was into something new, I'd change my name to my favourite character from whatever I was into at the time, and I wouldn't respond to anyone unless they called me by that name. :lol: I still did this until I was 12.

Anyway, I think it's a great choice of name! without the X of course. I've always wanted my name changed to Sonic, but I'd never go through with it since I'd worry about what people would think of me when I'd tell them my name's Sonic. XD Maybe I should look into changing my name to Sonika, Sonia, or something.

I don't really give a crap what anyone thinks of me. So if I don't change my name to Alex (it's legally Alexandra right now, yuck) or to Jai, I may very well change it to Miles Prower just because I can :D

Aww, I was just like him when I was a kid. As soon as I was into something new, I'd change my name to my favourite character from whatever I was into at the time, and I wouldn't respond to anyone unless they called me by that name. :lol: I still did this until I was 12.

Anyway, I think it's a great choice of name! without the X of course. I've always wanted my name changed to Sonic, but I'd never go through with it since I'd worry about what people would think of me when I'd tell them my name's Sonic. XD Maybe I should look into changing my name to Sonika, Sonia, or something.

To change your name to Sonia. You better have a squeaky voice, annoying lines, and the black sheep of DIC's sonic

cartoons.lol

I don't really give a crap what anyone thinks of me. So if I don't change my name to Alex (it's legally Alexandra right now, yuck) or to Jai, I may very well change it to Miles Prower just because I can :D

Yes, Flyboy! I would totally name a kid of mine Miles in homage of Tails. Though maybe as a middle name, just in case he doesn't like it. A friend of mine is named for comic book characters, and his brother for Ian Fleming.

Edited by Badnikz

Yes, Flyboy!

Haha, you guys think I wouldn't do it.

I would totally name a kid of mine Miles in homage of Tails.

A friend of mine totally did that. Named her son Miles, after Tails. Kid's what, two years old now? His mum made him a little Tails costume too XD Cutest thing ever.

I just had to post this on the front page too, I hope you don’t mind. The milk carton is also genius, I love the ‘Norway’ reference with the ‘Kenya’ cartoon at the bottom. Can I add it to the story Psyguy?

I just had to post this on the front page too, I hope you don’t mind. The milk carton is also genius, I love the ‘Norway’ reference with the ‘Kenya’ cartoon at the bottom. Can I add it to the story Psyguy?

Please do! Feel free to use whatever I make to help out the site!

im_horrible.jpg

I hate myself sometimes.

I like how the original filename is called "I'm Horrible.jpg" :D

You sir, win the Internet.

Isn't it ironic that his name is CHRISter? Annoying little Sonic obsessed child from Sonic X who would probably do something this ridiculous himself.

How confusing would the Sonic X show have been if Chris actually had changed his name to Sonic X. God the very thought of it makes my head spin! @_@

How confusing would the Sonic X show have been if Chris actually had changed his name to Sonic X. God the very thought of it makes my head spin! @_@

Then the show would be about Chris Sonic X and not Sonic, because of the name of the show. So we'd have a whiny little boy as the main protagonist. Then we get to see what happens every time he needs help: he calls Sonic. Then the characters would say, "Sonic! Sonic X needs your help!" And that would be confusing; not just for us, but for Sonic, too.

The title of the show would make much more sense, since he (Chris/Sonic X) would be the title character :P I always thought it should be called 'Chris X'...