Awoo.

6-year-old asks Norwegian King's permission to be named Sonic X

Psyguy

I like how one of those lions you can only get in Kenya is on the milk carton.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flyboy Fox

• Psyguy

• SABRINA

• ovarloard

A friend of mine totally did that. Named her son Miles, after Tails. Kid's what, two years old now? His mum made him a little Tails costume too XD Cutest thing ever.

Ah but see, Miles isn't a weird name because it sounds like the masculine equilavent of Miley. As in..you know, Miley Cyrus. XP *shot*

Wow, changing your name to Sonic would have been bad enough

Sadly(and ironically), there is a guy in my school is called Sonic.

and he is Taiwanese :lol:

No, I am not lying= =

Ironically, he is always late for Biology(Same class as me)

But yeah, Sonic X is ridiculously ridiculous......Orz

'In the presence of God our Creator and before these witnesses, I ask you, YujiNaka Brown, Will you take Sonic X Cyrus as your husband?

I will. '

( _ _) A year later NaotoOhshimaiswaypastcool is born in the local hospital. ^___^ She is then married to AmyRose Johnson and they have a child called Eggman *shot*

I'm a terrible person.

oh goodness...

....Chris X would have sounded better... or maybe Adventuresofsonicthehedgehog? *shot*

hopefully he changes his mind in the future though.

--and Miles is a normal name in my opinion, in fact, it means "Soldier" in... some other language. At first it sounded silly when I was little, but after seeing other TV characters use the name it's grown on me and I love it :D

Miles is an awesome name. I don't know why Tails hates it so much. (Well, possibly because of the groanworthy pun it forms with his last name :P).

If I could choose my name, I'd call myself Miles.

--and Miles is a normal name in my opinion, in fact, it means "Soldier" in... some other language. At first it sounded silly when I was little, but after seeing other TV characters use the name it's grown on me and I love it :D

Yeah, I know a guy named Miles, but it's an unusual name and kids have trouble with those sometimes. I know my friend didn't appreciate Logan, as in named after Wolverine, for the first 12 years of his life.

Logan's a cool name, though. It rolls of the tongue a lot easier than Miles, too.

Plus, as is the case with many kids, Wolverine, the epitome of toughness, seems to be easier to idolize than a kid fox. So it's not really a fair comparison.

I like both names, but I don't see Miles as a name being accepted by many people anytime soon.

Miles isn't really an unusual name, and I reckon most people outside of the core Sonic fandom won't think of Tails if they meet someone called Miles.

My friend's son, called Miles, is getting on fine.

Interesting fact: Miles can be a girl's name too, though rarer.

I've never met anyone with the name Miles but i've heard it as a last name. I think it's a nice name.

Anyways about the kid.... that is too cute and funny! But I mean come on he's six. I'm sure everyone has wanted to change their name to something weird and random or after a cartoon/video character when they were little. My best friend said she wanted to change her name to Anastasia when she was little because of the movie lol But that name is better than Sonic X :lol:

xD oh wow.

Also, The person whom named their baby "Yuji Naka" actually named her "YujiNaka" as a first name, and it was a GIRL. XD; That makes it odder, imo.

EDIT: The boy was Diz. He's like, 6, right? *SHOT*

Well actually, that was me, this is quite some old news we've got here. Thank you for reminding me, I am now over 18! Mwahahahaha! *Goes straight to Oslo to visit the king* -Diz X3

PLEASE tell me I wasn't the only one to think Diz was serious for like, half a second.

Anyway, this reminds me of back in grade 8 when we were doing projects on philosophers, and a friend (also a sonic fan) picked Thales, because it sounded like Tails (though he later found out it was pronounced Thay-lees).

UPDATE:

A sympathetic SEGA has sent the boy some Sonic goodies for this story :o

Link

Quick! Everybody write to the highest power in your land and ask for Sonic-related name changes!

Quick! Everybody write to the highest power in your land and ask for Sonic-related name changes!

I shall have my name changed too.....

Sonicdude3Scourge,Pingas, Prower III! My children shall be named Manic and Sonia,

and my dog's name will be "That's No Good"! LOL

ALRIGHT SEGA! Where's my Sonic Underground sticker set!?

As for the "Miles" name controversy a few posts back. There's a "Miles Davis"

who was a jazz trumpeter back in the 50s. but OF COURSE (mimics bison's voice)

it was before Sonic.

Edited by Sailor Popeye

Heh, 'Miles' was a recognised name looooong before Sonic's time. It's an ancient Latin name, after all.

If I were to have a children, here's my list of names to choose from. :D

(The second name is a middle name.)

Boys

Miles Prower (DEFINATE)

Oliver Rush

Phoenix Nero(hehephoenixwright+mychara=phoenixnero.lol)

Charlie Tails

Girls

Maria Robyn

Phoebe Vanilla

Misty Bean

¬.¬

I wonder how many Sonic references there are in there..