Awoo.

The SSMB Banner Thread

Roarey Raccoon

I already have one up so dont know if you want another, but felt like making a basic one for my tails biggrin.png

sonictailsbanner.jpg

That's not bad, but I feel it's strangely... unfocused.

Don't get me wrong, the colour's fine (you did say you wanted it simple), the model's fine, the shading and slight texturing... it's all fine. It's just... oddly to the left.

If you could just move the text and model a little to the right- make it more central- then I'd say that's great.

I've been working on this on and off for a while. Although I've always liked the sketchy style that can be made with oil pastels. I almost never use them. So, this was a real effort. I like it, and I hope you'll like it enough to put it up in November!sawnic%2520stadium%2520001.jpg

Edited by dirupti
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, I've gotten permission from everyone who's picture I used, and judging from the likes, people seem to happy about it. I really hope to see it as a banner. wink.png

Edit: Wanted to sound like less of a presumptuous douche. Fix'd. :P

Edited by Dissident

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any word on when we can get the banners updated? These entries look really cool (LOVING yours, Nemain), and the festive ones are a tad... outdated by now? I mean, we're in the middle of Spring and Sonic's still sporting his Christmas "swag" up there.

Dissident, where's your festive spirit? :P

I might have a crack at another one, actually. As long as I'm not being too greedy or anything, anyway!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fuck I'm sorry guys, so many awesome new banners here, I'm gonna be putting them up now.

• Thumbs Up 8

Fuck I'm sorry guys, so many awesome new banners here, I'm gonna be putting them up now.

About time!

Thanks Roarz, you're the best!

I'm enjoying the new banners today! They, as well as the rest of them, are all awesome! This was a great idea to rotate different banners in order to showcase the community's art skills! You all are very talented! wink.png

Meanwhile, since my previous banner was kinda a failure, I'm trying again with a well known picture I did once.

bannerwqs.png

Direct link: http://imageshack.us.../bannerwqs.png/

I'm deeply impressed with your banner especially, Dan! I mean, the whole gang is there! I love it! smile.png

Aaaaand......done! Enjoy. Had to change it to PNG real quick.

20qff4.jpg

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1

The new banners look GREAT!smile.png very detailed and unique. It's nice to see some members' work being shown, you guys are very talented, keep it up! I just love the banner with all the Sonic characters being shown, great work guys!biggrin.png

Edited by C.J

That Metal Sonic banner is epic. The next one I make is going to reference a Sonic game that i'm pretty sure most of us forgot about.

Hint: It's not 06', so shut up.

First time submitting a banner! biggrin.png

So I haven't exactly finished and proofread it, but here it is so far:

http://imageshack.us.../tssbanner.png/

Okay, I was wondering where your banner was in this thread Wooly! The link threw me off as I was looking for the image of the banner that I've seen on the forum's main page instead. I have a feeling that I wasn't the only one that made this mistake overlooking the link to the banner at first...

Anyway, I'm glad that I found it, because I wanted to tell you that I really like your banner too! Your Sonic is way too adorable! Good job! smile.png