Awoo.

The SSMB Banner Thread

Roarey Raccoon

Are we allowed to use pre-existing artwork that we've done? I think it'd be fun to use the tap dancing Sonics in my signature for this. If not, then thats fine too.

I'd prefer it if the art was made specifically for this forum XP.

Creepy Sonic is creepy.

J16G6.png

If an original background is needed, I can easily change it, as well as anything else. :P

Yush, please make your own background matey, because a screenshot isn't your work, hee XP.

PUMPED :D Definitely gonna be submitting something for this, I'd better start brainstorming! Is there a high-res version of the original TSS logo that we can get to use or can we/should we make our own variations? Can we not use ANY sort of official work, even logos? For example the 20th Anniversary logo could be a nice touch in a corner, would that be allowed?

It would be better to just make things yourself, the idea is to show stuff you have made not to use things others have done XP.

;)

Ah thnx. Sorry. Dyslexia. I keep skipping lines sometimes when I'm reading. :P Sorry!

• Thumbs Up 1

eleicw.png

Done with the assumption that this is going to go over the Green Hill background. If it won't then I'll add a background to it or something.

• Thumbs Up 7

With a background (that I drew before...but I thought it looked nice with it)

bannierestadium1.png

Without if you prefer:

bannierestadium2.png

• Thumbs Up 10
  • Bad Quality Post 1

• Banners must be based on Sonic, naturally XP. Other Sonic characters are welcome too, but no fancharacters.

Aww, what a shame. I would've been so tempted to have DreadKnux character up there. ;)

Is it okay to collab with others?

Since some members don't draw fan art, I was thinking if they wanted to share there ideas with me and I would draw it for them.

Edited by DanfieldJ86

Yeah there's no reason at all why collabs wouldn't be fine, so go right ahead XP. Awesome sauce so far, gonna get these uploaded soon XP.

Oooh I'd really like to do this, but I'm kinda busy working on stuff for my fangame... Including a piece of art I'm working on right now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does the pic have to have characters? I'm more of a landscape-y kinda guy. (As in, Sonic-related landscapes like chemical plant etc.)

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure that all artwork is your own stuff. The whole point is to have your artwork on the site, so altered official images and art used without permission are not acceptable.

Welp, there go any chances for me submitting a banner. Shame, too, I wanted to try my hand at an Oil n' Rum banner. (Or maybe a pixel art one featuring the fanchars of some of the members).

It's a shame that all art has to be personally drawn from scratch for this, as it does exclude those of us who have good graphics skills but can't draw for toffee... I would be all over this with a hopefully creative collage-type banner myself, otherwise. Never mind, eh? Perhaps later down the line some of us will be invited to add banners made with existing official art to the rotation. In the meanwhile, maybe I can convince my arty fiancée to make one... ♥

Well Flyboy I would be totally down for a collab if I didn't already have my own idea's... idea's I'm currently to lazy to bring to life unfortunately