The SSMB Banner Thread

Roarey Raccoon

Old Post with old banner Look one the next page for New one

Nothing to great, Sonic is kinda derpy

sonicbanner-2.png

Edited by Rawrdom
  • Thumbs Up 2

Aww. ^^

If anyone wants an Idea drawn for them, I would be happy to give it a go. My own banner idea isn't going as smooth as I'd hoped, so incase it turns into an epic fail, I might as well help someone else get there vision created. :)

I'll be submitting a few of mine tomorrow hopefully. These are the kinda things I like to get involved in :)

post-1-0-76407900-1312730391_thumb.jpg

According to Dread, yes. =D *cant get the image any bigger, but it's located on page 6 of the "look at this" thread*

And while I'm here, I guess I'll be announcing my own entry which I'm starting now. Don't know when it'll be finished though.

Edited by Inferno

post-1-0-76407900-1312730391_thumb.jpg

According to Dread, yes. =D *cant get the image any bigger, but it's located on page 6 of the "look at this" thread*

And while I'm here, I guess I'll be announcing my own entry which I'm starting now. Don't know when it'll be finished though.

Edited by ProfessorZolo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nostalgia Blast!!

*fires lazer beams*

SonicStadiumBanner.png

Based it off of this:

SonicClassicStadiumBanner.png

I consider this a concept drawing. I'll have a finalized version with all the bells, whistles, and digital coloring up later in the week or sooner.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

After many weeks....I think....of procrastinating, I finally got around to finishing the banner I made.

bannerssmbcopy.png

Nothing great but I tried.

• Thumbs Up 2

...I like all of these. Including Inferno's concept in its own right.

The banner thing is still on and is basically pending the completion of the new Sonical skin. As you can probably guess, progress is slow...

Because of a small issue we've found when trying out a couple banners, I'm going to change the rules slightly. If you want to have a background that loops seamlessly to the edges of the screen, you can create a banner at the correct dimensions with a transparent background, and also include a separate background image that we'll make loop horizontally (and vertically, if you want).

Nothing too flashy

sonicbannerrender.jpg

Even though everything shown in this topic is pretty great (cheers to Adamis for Samba de Big), this is some really excellent work, Exo_Chaoslava.

Something didn't 'click' with my old banner so with the new rule in place

SSMBBanner.png

With this looping for the background

SSMBBannerBackgroundCS.png

• Thumbs Up 1

doctor jackstraw accepts your challenge dr jackstraw creates art, you give me praise probably too big, but i'm sure someone can shrink it down a notch i can artz

I shouldn't be laughing this hard at that post, but damn it's too early in the morning to get a grip on my rational sensibilities. I will be sorely disappointed if this isn't a banner.

What about Mario characters with Sonic characters? Is that accepted?

Edited by Kintobor

resized jackstraw's banner

CTBH4.jpg

Too squashed

I cropped it perfectly and only resized some bits

BEHOLD

DRJACKSTRAWCROP.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Is there still time to enter?

I may take my time and draw Chemical Plant Zone. Just because, fucking. Chemical. Plant.

EH-HEM. Resized Jackstraws banner (again), jelous I didn't make it.

Drjackstraw.png

EDIT:If I made a version of my banner with shading would y ou be able to replace it (I don't want to cause mush hastle)

Edited by Rawrdom
  • Thumbs Up 1

I found this so late. ;_;

How long is left for this? I'd be sad if it turned out I'd completely missed it.

You're not late, I think we'll see how far we can keep this rolling until TSS' 11th birthday. :D

I want to make a slight change though - could I ask for dimensions of 1000x200 pixels? An increase in width of 10 pixels. Don't worry if you've already made a banner, it won't really affect your banners (especially if you've made a looping background), I just want that to be the standard going forward.

Cheers! And thanks so much for all of your awesome entries so far! Not long now, I promise!

• Thumbs Up 5

I've needed to make some changes to my banner anyway so this was good reason to make them. I noticed in the preview shot my checkers and stars didn't replicate very well at all, so I've moved them around and now they should replicate very seamlessly, looks much nicer. I tested it out on Photoshop myself so it should be fine smile.png Also whacked the size up to 1000x200.

TSSbannercopy.png

• Thumbs Up 4