Awoo.

The SSMB Banner Thread

Roarey Raccoon

Thanks and I said this earlier but I don;t think you saw it

Is this any better?

SonicStadiumBannerV3foreground.png

SonicStadiumBannerBackgroundV2.png

Yeah, but you've already had one banner put up, so you'll have to wait and see what happens next month XP.

Oh and that's great, Needlemark, nothing wrong with that at all XP. Same to you too, NastCF and Lunar.

When you talk about 'next month', do you mean that the banners that are currently up will be taken down in exchange for new submissions, or will they stay up too?

Also, just seen my own show up. I gotta say, that was a nice surprise! I have realised though, that I never updated it with the right dimensions, so allow me to correct that-

The background: http://sta.sh/04e1n17

And the foreground: http://sta.sh/04e1n1a

Is that alright?

When you talk about 'next month', do you mean that the banners that are currently up will be taken down in exchange for new submissions, or will they stay up too?

Also, just seen my own show up. I gotta say, that was a nice surprise! I have realised though, that I never updated it with the right dimensions, so allow me to correct that-

The background: http://sta.sh/04e1n17

And the foreground: http://sta.sh/04e1n1a

Is that alright?

I'll rectify that later, so fankoos XP. And yeah the current banners will go after November 26th to be replaced by new ones XP. Old banners may come back later down the line if the supply of new banners dries up.

Maybe I'll make a Sonic (or Classic Eggman) banner to compliment my Knuckles one next month then :D! Cool to see that they rotate around, keeps things fresh.

How's this?

bannerpm.png

I totally had that idea, but didn't have the resources at the time to produce it. Great work!

My idea was a gladiator Sonic surrounded by three lion-sized motobugs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm in love with Barry's banner.

This is my first post ever in the Showcase Forum, and that's the only reason I'm posting in here.

That's how much I love it.

Edited by Ricky
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm in love with Barry's banner.

This is my first post ever in the Showcase Forum, and that's the only reason I'm posting in here.

That's how much I love it.

Agreed, his is quite ace+.

• Thumbs Up 1

I totally had that idea, but didn't have the resources at the time to produce it. Great work!

My idea was a gladiator Sonic surrounded by three lion-sized motobugs.

Cheers, Barry! Although your idea ended up being brilliant anyway

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I've made one!biggrin.png

SuperSonicTSSbanner.png

...So, I'm gonna go ahead and kiss some ass, and say that this whole "banner thing" is an really awesome idea!<3

Edited by Sweecrue
  • Thumbs Up 2

Scratch that, I'll post it here for convenience:

k9woW.png

I still can't get over how funny this is. Every time it pops up it makes me smile

• Thumbs Up 1

And Here is mine, kinda think it's a tad bit empty..But still nicely done..Nicely done..Heh heh

*makes evil laugh*

Yeah, here you can see Classic Eggman Robotnik, standing next to Sonic..Honestly should have made that grass look less like a chunk of clay and more..Grassier..Oh well, now if I would just stop criticizing myself..

kjvum.png

• Thumbs Up 3

458vE.png

I gave it a shot, first time I used anything apart from paint. (lol!) Not too bad I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it allowed to make the banner an animated GIF ?

Please keep banners as pngs, animated gif wouldn't be appropriate XP.

Oh and Taz, read the topic title.

I think I'll this different this time around. I'll design my backgrounds/bases first and then make art based on those. I'll make 2 and have the banners finished tomorrow night hopefully. If not, call me liar I guess.

Edit: You know what, let me share a little something with you guys. I use this site here:

http://www.dafont.com/

When I'm looking for a font that tunes my fancy for whatever I'm working on, I use this site to find exactly what I want for those projects. It has tonnes of free fonts, but if you use them to make money you gotta shoot the original creator a message to ask for permission, if your doing for a little something like this, its no problamo.

Edited by Edward_Elric

Oh and Taz, read the topic title.

My Bad. So here's mine but I think I need to re-work it some.

Edited by Abominal Taz

I'm still working on mine, but it's not Christmas/winter themed so I was thinking maybe I could put it on hold for next year and do a special Christmas/winter themed one instead. I would be honoured to have my art displayed on the SSMB.

My Bad. So here's mine but I think I need to re-work it some.

I don't know about anyone else but your picture doesn't seem to load for me Taz.

Apart from that everyone's banners are looking really cool. I can't possibly pick a favourite.

I don't know about anyone else but your picture doesn't seem to load for me Taz.

I know. I'm trying to fix that.

EDIT:Ok. Here we go. I might have to re-work it though.

nDDVB.png

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Still taking submissions right? Okay here's what I did:

bannerrh.png

Both art and banner were made by me. Taken from a previous fan-art.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my second banner, all ready for the Holiday season!

Jk5qf.png

I kinda cheated since this is the art I made for my entry to TSS' Christmas competition last year...that's still allowed, right? D:

• Thumbs Up 7

I made this one, I'm quite proud of how it turned out...never mind, it won't work, the file corrupted...

Edited by Future-Hedgehog