Awoo.

A pure 3D sonic game for the DS

Segamaster

This reminds me of a 'Sonic Rush 3' idea I once mused over. It was all set on the Floating Island and involved Sonic and Tails going up to investigate some strange goings on. Knuckles is nowhere to be seen and a huge barrier suddenly surrounds the island not long after Sonic and Tails land. Shortly after Tails disappears and Sonic has to find him. The playable characters would be Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, the latter two after you find and unlock them. Robotnik's the main baddie.

The level system involved 3D over-worlds like Chronicles where Sonic is controlled with the stylus and you can explore certain parts of the island and find the entrances to 2D perspective stages. The stages would have 3D moments such as walking on to a bridge which collapses and causes a waterslide moment like in the Lost World level of Sonic Adventure and such. The levels wouldn't be acts but individual stages with some having similarities to reflect progression such as one stage being a dry red mountain and the next going from red to snow covered to reflect Sonic going up higher into the ice caps. The setting would help aid nostalgia and revisit a classic section of Sonic's world.

As I said, just a wild idea.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperLink

• Segamaster

• Mollfie

• Lukar

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may throw my two cents in: the DS is indeed capable of supporting full 3D gameplay. For example: Super Mario 64 was easily remade for the DS, and even enhanced due to the fact that it's more powerful than the N64. If Nintendo can pull something like that off, then Sega (at least) has a fighting chance of making a decent 3D Sonic game for it.

EDIT: Oops... I didn't see that Thirteen already used SM64DS as an example...

Oh well: at least my opinion still stands as legitimate

Edited by slam422

This is a really common misconception, but the DS is nowhere near more powerful than the N64. What did Mario 64 prove? That the original Mario 64 was hardly using half of the N64's power, (Nintendo have reiterated this themselves) and that's all.

The DS simply could not pull off Perfect Dark or Banjo Tooie with the same levels of textures and polygon count as the N64 could, maybe not even by a long shot.

Edited by SuperLink

If they plan on doing that, they should re start that Sonic DS game that never came out because that looked very fun.

I love my DS so I've thought about this before. I don't think proper 3D would be possible but something like a mix between the Sonic Rush special stages and SATSR or Sonic 3D Blast without the Flickies could work. I really liked the sorta 3D areas in Sonic rush Adventure though, like the grinding or mine kart sections or being able to run around the docks and Marine's house.