Awoo.

Dexter's Laboratory

T-Min

My disappointment when it's censored! D:

I assume they'll air the uncensored version later today, right? Because so far this episode is really fun to watch.

That wasn't much worse than the swearing episodes of Arthur or SpongeBob SquarePants, honestly. Are they going to show it uncensored at some point?

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that I actually thought it was a good thing that it wasn't trying too hard to be as R-rated as possible. It felt more like a regular episode, and that's exactly what I wanted. My feelings before going in were much like Sean's, actually, so I was pleasantly surprised by how normal it turned out to be.

Edited by XD375
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was like a part of childhood was revived.....then beaten mercifully with a bat.

I loved every minute of it, it felt exactly like a classic Dexter cartoon.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was just awesome. Beyond the whole swearing gimmick, it was just a funny short that brought back some fond memories. Major kudos to Adult Swim for finally making it public. Hopefully, they'll consider it for an extra when they finally resume the DVDs. 

While its great they released it. Its pretty harmless with the censor bleeps in place. If they changed the title card they could of shown that on TV. Its not really bad at all it reminded me of that Rugrats episode where Angelica learns a bad word.

This lost episode didn't "rape" my childhood I don't know how anybody could think that it does. Its not like that infamous Rainbow Christmas Tape.wink.png

• Thumbs Up 1

That actually was bearable to watch with the censors, and it kinda felt like another regular episode that way. Without them I would have gotten bored of it a few minutes in, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 2

While its great they released it. Its pretty harmless with the censor bleeps in place. If they changed the title card they could of shown that on TV. Its not really bad at all it reminded me of that Rugrats episode where Angelica learns a bad word.

You have to remember that this particular episode probably wasn't censored before Adult Swim aired it, it was merely censored for their network. If this kind of cartoon would have been released back when it was first produced on Cartoon Network, censored or not, conservatism media and soccer moms would have an absolute fit over this kind of material.

The entire Cartoon Network channel was practically always celebrating cartoons with an anarchic sense of humor and style. They were always clever in implying such and subtle to a degree that adults mostly wouldn't have to worry about it affecting their kids. An episode like this which doesn't hold those guns back would have caused a ridiculous stir in that particular age.

Though to be fair it would pale in comparison if Ed, Edd and Eddy had some sort of unaired episode like this.

• Thumbs Up 7

That was wonderfully entertaining, I think it's thanks to the swear words getting "bleeped" that I could almost imagine this getting aired on television.

Though part of me still wonders if we'll ever get the uncensored version.

You have to remember that this particular episode probably wasn't censored before Adult Swim aired it, it was merely censored for their network. If this kind of cartoon would have been released back when it was first produced on Cartoon Network, censored or not, conservatism media and soccer moms would have an absolute fit over this kind of material.

The entire Cartoon Network channel was practically always celebrating cartoons with an anarchic sense of humor and style. They were always clever in implying such and subtle to a degree that adults mostly wouldn't have to worry about it affecting their kids. An episode like this which doesn't hold those guns back would have caused a ridiculous stir in that particular age.

Though to be fair it would pale in comparison if Ed, Edd and Eddy had some sort of unaired episode like this.

Agreed. I have seen American TV and I agree with you about the Soccer Mom thing. Why do they should 18 rated films in the middle of the day censor to the point of absurdity? Though the Rugrats does a similar method where the swearing part is censored by train horns. Its quite amusing and harmless. Though the Dexter episode the censored swearing is a lot more frequent. smile.png

Its not like Nickelodeon wasn't free from Controversy with Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy back in the early 90's as subtle as they tried to be.

Edited by BW199148

Never knew about the existence of this episode... I just watched now. Well, it's like a classic Dexter episode for sure, but seriously, this voice, this accent? I feel sorry for you american guys. I hope somehow (really doubtful), the brazilians VA get a chance to voice this. If they do, it's probably going to be uncensored like the rest of the adult cartoons here. Just curious, is South Park censored in America? It's not here lol

But about Dexter in general, yep, I stop watching after they completely changed the animation style and started to make idiotic but not funny episodes. The movie 'Ego Trip' is awesome, tho.

Edited by Jango

That was pretty damn funny. Felt just like an old episode of Dexter too.

Now that that's over with, I think it's time for somebody to also "find" the ending to Samurai Jack *cough* *cough*

• Thumbs Up 2

That was an amazing episode. I feel like a part of my life was just completed. 

That was pretty damn funny. Felt just like an old episode of Dexter too.

Now that that's over with, I think it's time for somebody to also "find"

the ending to Samurai Jack *cough* *cough*

Yeah...that will be another decade from now. That is....if there actually is one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was disappointed at it being censored.  I mean, why bother going through the trouble of making a profane episode if you're not going to give us the joy of hearing the characters swear?  I mean, they clearly didn't have a problem with Deedee giving the finger on the title card, so why censor the dialogue?

That being said, I did enjoy the episode!  In fact, loved it!  It was extremely nostalgic and felt like a classic Dexter episode, and the profanity did make me giggle even if it was censored.  I'm easily amused like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty sure the episode was always bleeped like this. I mean, I suppose it's possible there is some actual dialog somewhere but, it seems like the beep is put right into there rather than added afterwards. Anyway, it was actually like watching a new episode of Dexter's Lab, and that is awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved it! Like others have said, it did feel just like a classic episode. Rude Removal completely lived up to my expectations from what I heard about it years ago. Censored or uncensored, I'm just glad I finally got to see this episode. It feels good to have watched every episode of Dexter's Lab now.

Edited by A Person

This episode made me realize how great the 1st and 2nd seasons were in quality of writing and art and how much I missed them.

Not looking through rose-tinted nostalgia specs, I really really wish the old team would come back and do another series together.

Rude Removal was satisfying. It definitely reminded me of the days when Dexter's Lab was at its prime, although I did expect something a bit more risque. It just goes to show how CN and the censors were stricter back then (despite what stereotypical 90's kids will lead you to believe). Something like this could easily get aired if they give it a PG rating like Adventure Time and Regular Show, I think  if they censored it a bit better.

Above all, it was just so thrilling to see something unearthed that was like a Holy Grail for cartoon fans for so long. Bless ya, 4chan and Reddit. Without your work this wouldn't have been shown.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think some point Cartoon Network is going to take it down. It's lucky that i downloaded it today. But on the bright side it's really good for us matured people. no wonder why it wasn't aired at that time

Edited by kimplix

That's definitely not the complete episode. Its missing the infamous Deedee line that was confirmed by both [as] and the creators ("you skull****ing *****bag") and also was bleeped out. So yeah, they had to do that since even Adult Swim has standards. =v I get a feeling some day we'll see the uncensored version though.

Either way, it was a massive trip back down memory lane when Dexter's Lab was getting good, new content. I miss that show so much. This episode was hilarious and nostalgia-inducing x500000. :D

that was a neat watch, really funny and it's so weird yet cool to be seeing a "new" episode of DL in 2013, i don't mind that it's censored, it was intended that way in the first place, i'm just happy to be seeing animation history unearthed after all these years.

for the record, the original copypasta where it was apparently shown at comic con with"skullfucking douchebag" might have been over-exaggerated or slightly made up, because given that this article predates that retelling.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/643555/Conan-cant-shake-off-rocky-start-as-host.html

"Dexter's trying to get the rudeness out of Dee Dee and so he creates the rude removal system," said animator Genndy Tartakovsky in describing the episode. "But they kind of get stuck in it together, and they create clones of themselves, which are rude. And we had them swear, but we had beeps over the swearing. So I think that's one that you can only catch at some festivals and stuff. But not on the air."
Edited by Jackstraw