Awoo.

Dexter's Laboratory

T-Min

I think it definitely works better with the beeps, and it alleviated my initial disappointment and worry that it wasn't going to be anything more than a swearfest. It's really not important what the characters are saying anyway; just the fact that these characters are swearing can make a viewer titter enough. We don't really need to know what the actual words are.

That and it's definitely an important historical aspect of the show's production, I was never adverse to this getting out to the public. I just think that if we heard what the characters were saying, most of my focus would shift on just what those words are, and it would have detracted from my enjoyment. And a lot of humor from older cartoons comes from how restrained they were, which makes censoring the swears all the more sense.

All in all, it's pretty cool to see another Dexter episode after all these years. Swears or not, it's a very different experience from something like the 10th anniversary PPG episode, which just couldn't capture that same magic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think some point Cartoon Network is going to take it down. It's lucky that i downloaded it today. But on the bright side it's really good for us matured people. no wonder why it wasn't aired at that time

Why when its on [AS]'s official channel?

Dexter: Oooooh *beep*.

I lost it at that final line. The way he said it was just hilarious!

That was a great episode! It's nice to see a "new" episode of Dexter's Lab after all these years and all the mystery surrounding this particular episode despite it being tamer than what was said from the person who retold the showing of it at a con. Despite the bleeps replacing the swearing, it's easy to see why CN at the time decided not to air it.

Thank you Adult Swim for putting this up! It truly brought back memories from my childhood being a fan of show growing up.

Someone clearly just took audio and spliced it together to make that dialog. Like I said, the bleeps were supposed to always be there.

Someone clearly just took audio and spliced it together to make that dialog. Like I said, the bleeps were supposed to always be there.

Yeah, it explains in the description for the video that they spliced words together for those parts.

I know.  I was going along with the joke.  The sentence splicing isn't even done that well bar two particular parts, but it's still really funny.

That looks rather genuine, as if it was recorded straight off a videotape...not to mention one of the commenters in the video said that he remembers Cartoon Network actually showing the title card for the cartoon but never actually airing the episode.

Then again, this was posted around the same time the title card and later the actual cartoon was uploaded for the world to see...and I never heard anyone saying that the cartoon or the title card for it was actually put on the air prior...

EDIT: And right now I'm finally watching the short. Just hearing the first censor (which I don't really mind BTW) nearly made me laugh out loud. And like the rest of you have been saying, it's like a old-fashioned Dexter cartoon, which makes it even better. It's like a unearthing something related to your nostalgia and experiencing it for the first time with a twist....which feels just great :D

Edited by Hatsune Miku

It's a great short, been years since I heard about it. My only problem with it is that it makes me wish those older cartoons still continued on till this day. I am not exactly a big fan of the new stuff CN has on its programming block but I guess change comes with the generation. This was a funny episode and I was expecting them to cuss like every 2 words but I am glad they did not because with that it still keeps its essence of that of a true Dexter Episode, so the feel is still there and very strong.

Edited by Urban Flow

There was an episode like that called RUDE REMOVAL but it was for kids, about Dexter trying to remove the

rudeness

from Dee Dee. But he ended up making a rude version of himself and Dee

Dee. They cursed but it was bleeped! Cartoon Network didn't want to air

it, they thought it was too harsh

This was apparently from the ask Genndy reddit. Interesting. :|a

Edited by Mega

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Adult Swim has setted Rude Removal to private. Luckly I have downloaded it a while back so If you want the download link, PM me cuz i don't think posting it here is allowed.

Why when its on [AS]'s official channel?

because they setted it to private

Edited by kimplix

It's not private, IIRC. It's just unlisted? Unless that changed since I last watched it.

Private in enabled players, unlisted in the channel.