Awoo.

Ok seriously....... Planking

Remynaka

If there was any value in planking, IMO, it died as soon as it became A Thing and could no longer be considered a bout of absurdism.

Now it's like quoting Monty Python, except Monty Python lasted longer.

I just don't really understand it. But if they're that desperate and bored for something to do that they consider "fun" that makes them look ridiculous and risks their lives , I won't be the one to rain on their parade.

It stops being funny at the point where someone puts themselves in serious risk of dying or being crippled just for a jolly photograph.

Good point... although to be fair... you'd be hard pressed to find an activity which does not become exponentially more dangerous when performed on the railing of a seventh story balcony.

I mean I get it that it annoys certain people because they see it as bourgeois, commonplace, because they don't understand it, or maybe they just don't have a good digital camera to do one themselves, but people, the institution of planking is not to blame... the much more widely frowned upon institution of climbing on top of large structures upon which human beings are not intended to reside, I believe, is the true culprit. Whether or not you lie face down after getting to the top seems a moot point.

People, why must we fight? Let plankers plank, and let assholes who want to dance around on skyscrapers commit suicide.

Oh also, parkour doesn't injure anybody?

Well, its definitely something I would never do, because the risk itself it too great at times, but it does take some balls to go up and do it in a high place. Imagine the awesomeness the guy felt after he got down from the McDonalds sign.

Like come on, I can't be the only who thinks this?

javalemcgeeplank.jpg

(that's a 7 ft tall basketball player BTW)

Planking can be amusing if you get creative with it. I don't know why anyone would climb a transformer tower, but hey, I guess some people need to go to extreme lengths to get their kicks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol. The MDs sign and transformer pic do amuse me. But I'm still lost on how they got up there.

I remember one picture of some dudes planking ON TOP of other people planking

and I realized

this entire fad was only leading up to that point simply to make it

also it's kinda neat I guess. No reason to hate it.

I don't mind people doing it, so long as they're not being stupid about it.

Like everything else it can be funny etc, as has been said before, people just need to be creative. No point putting yourself at risk just for a "look, i can lie down on a high thing" photo; I much prefer the one in the fridge myself :P

On another note; When walking past Buckingham Palace on the way back to Victoria station yesterday, i saw people trying to plank (unsuccesfully) On the bollards outside of the gate. People were stopping to watch *facepalm* -.-

I think my most favourite "planking" was someone just lying face down on their lawn and asking if they're doing it right? :V

It's absolutely stupid really, but I guess people have to occupy themselves somehow.

Edited by DarkOverord

also it's kinda neat I guess. No reason to hate it.

I agree. Whilst many planking pictures seem not funny at all or just dangerous, I still enjoy its concept. A picture of some place or something where you would never expect humans, and then you spot a human plank as if this was planet Mars or something. I dunno. x3

I just especially don't like it when people actually are in danger of hurting themselves or others.

I suppose it's better than happy slapping, at least. If anyone gets hurt, it's likely to be the planker, who deserves it for being so ridiculous.

I suppose it's better than happy slapping, at least. If anyone gets hurt, it's likely to be the planker, who deserves it for being so ridiculous.

Like on top of a transformer??? LOL seriously that pic alone is LOL all day. I still wanna know how he got up there..... without getting a million volts shot into him.