Awoo.

About status updates

Sean

I'm so glad we'll be seeing less (or hopefully none) shitspewing in the status.

We need less bitching and whining in the status box and more super sexy parties.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ever since this feature was implemented, it was good idea at first. I like it, I thought it was a great idea when it was new. Then I had a feeling that people would abuse it and say stupid stuff as time would go by. Yes, I'll admit that I'm guilty of saying something stupid in my status update more than year ago... however it was misinformation and I haven't made a dumb status like that ever since. Thank you for addressing this!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What about "forum games" where using actual forum posts are disallowed?

...I don't see what this has to do with anything I wrote in the topic.

Glad to know there will be less whining and hatred in the status box now. The Silver-Hedgie thing was sorta funny at first, but then it just got ridiculous, and then it got undeniably mean. Good thing it's over now, because people going off of that to spew acid at other members was ludicrous.

Not being funny but their have a lot trollish type posters over the last week or so won't name anybody but these seem to abuse the status updates more than ordinary posts. Why has there been an influx of annoying immature posters on this fourm recently? Lots of full Moons recently? :huh:

About Sliver-Hedgie. Honestly who cares now? Who cares?

Edited by BW199148

I agree with everything you said. As for the stupid status I shall be doing no more! I kind of ran out the mood for it.

Colasaurus Rex (and to anyone else involved), there's no real need to make an apology out of it, we just want people to follow the rules. So we're not going to be holding any grudges here; if it doesn't happen again, then everything's dandy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Colasaurus Rex (and to anyone else involved), there's no real need to make an apology out of it, we just want people to follow the rules. So we're not going to be holding any grudges here; if it doesn't happen again, then everything's dandy.

Alright. But I'm still sorry and I still feel bad. I can't shake that feeling.

• Thumbs Up 1

I fully agree with this and i'll admit to some faults, as I too have done some wrong here and there. As a past Moderator, it's inexcusable so I SUCK! -Sincerely, Taz.

Alright. Have alot of things to say.

About that status. I already regret it completely and I wish I could take it all back. I'd TRULY NEVER actually try to interfere with people's lives. All I wanted to do when I joined SSMB is be a good member and not mess anything up. I don't ever want anything like this to happen again to anybody. I swear to everybody that'll follow the rules with Dignity and not make stupid status's again. I won't say anything bad about anyone anymore. The thing I'm trying to say is that's most Important is:

I'M TRULY, TRULY SORRY AND PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

tumblr_lna22bnTA81qk5emq.gif

I seriously don't want people to hate me or Cola. We made a mistake. TwT I know it's stupid to say but I'm literally crying at what I did. PLEASE FORGIVE ME EVERYBODY. I WON'T DO ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN.

I'll understand if you hate me either-way, but I said what I had to say to ease my soul a bit. I'm truly, truly sorry. I'm truly a fucking child and a loser with no fucking life for doing what I did. I won't pull this shit again. I swear it.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Guys, guys... it's all right. We appreciate that you're sorry, and are very happy to hear that you won't post that kind of stuff any more... but it's nothing to be really upset over. You made some mistakes, the official position on that content was clarified, and hopefully we can just all move on now (:

• Thumbs Up 1

As BW199148 said, I think it's just because of the recent influx of, well, annoying and immature members. They aren't technically breaking any rules, but it's still as if they're working hard to make this a less enjoyable place. Sometimes we just need to vent, and the status box just seemed like the right place to do that.

That said, the status box was definitely the wrong place to do that and it just makes everything worse. In my opinion (and I can't believe I'm saying this), the rules need to be a bit more strict now that more and more people are joining. It seems to me the whole status problem stems from people being shy of reporting the... problematic people (I won't say any names, obviously, but everyone should know who I'm talking about), not sure if just being annoying as all hell is worth reporting over.

And about Silver_Hedgie, I still view him/her as a total joke and nothing more. We don't need to go and try and mess with this person by hacking him. It's bad enough that a large portion of the board thinks of him as the most unintentionally hilarious person ever.

• Thumbs Up 4

...I don't see what this has to do with anything I wrote in the topic.

Someone other than the user locked a status update derivited a deathmatch game.

Edited by Loelita

Should probably also add one forbidding mentioning other forums (Passion, SEGA Forums, bumbleking (since that was a large part of the most recent silver post), etc) to avoid unneeded drama then.

Should probably also add one forbidding mentioning other forums (Passion, SEGA Forums, bumbleking (since that was a large part of the most recent silver post), etc) to avoid unneeded drama then.

I think the golden rule is to avoid slagging off other members or the forums to which they belong (that including SEGA forums, SSMB, Retro and any other). There's a difference between mentioning and insulting/instigating drama, and hopefully everyone's bright enough to know the difference and there's no need to ban everything from mention completely.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, let's take this in a different perspective - why should there be a status update section? It's pointless, can be distracting and in some cases, can kill forum activity (although this is luckily not the case but has happened elsewhere on forums which use IPB3). This isn't Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or whatever, activity on the forums should be done via posting in threads.

Some people here are probably going to bitch about this post but this is solely my opinion and you should respect this. Features like the sidebar and the reputation system can be abused, and it gives a hard time for not only the members, but the staff who have to sort out the issues.

One of the forums that I work on as staff are looking at upgrading to IPB 3.1 (as we're on 2.3.6) and we are choosing not to use certain features available as part of the forum software, but again, that's our choice. Obviously, the staff here at SSMB wanted to give the sidebar and rep system a chance to see if it would work, and if it didn't, they would have been removed by now.

As said above, this is just my opinion on this messy matter.

You know, let's take this in a different perspective - why should there be a status update section? It's pointless, can be distracting and in some cases, can kill forum activity (although this is luckily not the case but has happened elsewhere on forums which use IPB3). This isn't Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or whatever, activity on the forums should be done via posting in threads.

Some people here are probably going to bitch about this post but this is solely my opinion and you should respect this. Features like the sidebar and the reputation system can be abused, and it gives a hard time for not only the members, but the staff who have to sort out the issues.

One of the forums that I work on as staff are looking at upgrading to IPB 3.1 (as we're on 2.3.6) and we are choosing not to use certain features available as part of the forum software, but again, that's our choice. Obviously, the staff here at SSMB wanted to give the sidebar and rep system a chance to see if it would work, and if it didn't, they would have been removed by now.

As said above, this is just my opinion on this messy matter.

Whoa. But i see what you're saying. I wouldn't call status updates pointless. Besides, it's pretty fun to tell people how you feel one day and your latest accomplishment without starting a pointless topic of course. But, we all have to expect something to get abused once in a while and the only thing to do is solve, move on, expect it again, solve it again, etc. But hey if they suck for ya, they suck period. ;)

Oh hey, hey. You know what was hilarious about the entire thing?

I wasn't even here.

That's right, I left for the store as soon as I posted the status. Imagine my suprise when I came back to see what I had caused.

Thought that might brighten the mood in here. :D

You didn't cause it. You were more like the final eye opener that we needed to make the rules more firm and clear.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1