:( ...I'm sor-

New status update rule

Stop apologizing~

:r ...

• Thumbs Up 7

Inferno now has half of a ban for half of an apology >:U

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I got nothing to apologize about. i feel justified in every status update or post i made, trolling or not, and i've got nothing to be embarrassed about. Feel free to vomit anything back up i've posted or commented on.

I liked the status updates because it was a nice place to kick back abit and not be soo bound by the forum rules but now that i know that the mods will be cracking down on the posting there i'll probably not go there to post as much. I don't want to feel that every post i make could have me temp. banned. i got a clean record, i like to keep it that way.

That being said, i will acknowledge this. what about comments/posts with just youtube links and no text? are those outlawed as well?

Edited by goku262002

No (unless the video is deliberately inflammatory and breaks existing rules, of course). You can be silly and/or brief in the comments (you can only have one base comment up at a time after all) as long as you are not attacking anyone or provoking forum drama. This isn't about enforcing serious discussion rules, it's about enforcing anti-flame/drama rules.

I liked the status updates because it was a nice place to kick back abit and not be soo bound by the forum rules but now that i know that the mods will be cracking down on the posting there i'll probably not go there to post as much.

The thing is that bashing any members, both ex and new, or treating them with disrespect was never really allowed anywhere on the SSMB, even when done through the PM system or Status updates. We assumed that all members would know that. Now we are making a bigger deal out of it as it is happening.

Inferno now has half of a ban for half of an apology >:U

Posting now only works half of the time. =V

Posting now only works half of the time. =V

Ah, good to know that my half-ban didn't seriously affect

• Thumbs Up 9

Ya I was going to take out any that I saw, it's time to move on from this joke.

Sorry Indy but I'm editing out D:

Ya I was going to take out any that I saw, it's time to move on from this joke.

Sorry Indy but I'm editing out D:

Sigh, alright.

I'll have to replace it, then.

With nothing.

2hplwk8.jpg

:P

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 7

Sigh, alright.

I'll have to replace it, then.

With nothing.

2hplwk8.jpg

:P

You could replace it with the Super Sexy Brigade? :lol:

Edited by BW199148

Woooow. People actually talked about hacking Silver_Hedgie? -.- come on, he'll be hacked by the 4chan or ED people when he eventually does something stupid enough to get their attention (just like certain other Sonic fanboys)

Just to let you guys know that we're not kidding around, we're issuing a verbal warning to anyone who makes a Silver_hedgie joke, followed by an automatic strike if that member is seen doing it again.

Woooow. People actually talked about hacking Silver_Hedgie? -.- come on, he'll be hacked by the 4chan or ED people when he eventually does something stupid enough to get their attention (just like certain other Sonic fanboys)

Yes, you have to be REALLY stupid to get ED and 4chan to mess with you.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering if there was a way to be able to add in a function to report status updates? I hate to be a fun killer for some folks but it appears that the rules for the status updates are being ignored (right now anyway) and as a non-mod I don't really want to step in and backseat. With status updates not being able to be reported for mods to take a look at I am just inquiring to see how feasible it might be to have a report button be added to them? Even if it was just a 'report as "spam"' or a 'flag as innapropriate' type button like on youtube comments or something that would alert mods to them.

I hate to come across as a bit of a nitpicky prick by suggesting this but rules are rules.

So as a workaround we just use the forum report tools for posts if we catch something in a status update and just make a note about it in the report that the status is the thing violating the rules and not the post itself? Or should we send you guys a PM instead? Just so that it saves from having more people gang up on others :/

Edit: Hogfather answered it for me, nvm :o! I didn't know you could report from a profile.

Edited by Punk

How to report a status:

Click on the member who made the status... scroll down to the bottom of the members profile page and select 'report member' (located bottom right of the current forum skin).

State in the report that it's regarding the status update (copy the update if you need to).

• Thumbs Up 4

Issues like this is why the status updates sidebar is a pointless addition. Plus, it can potentially kill forum activity in terms that some things could be posted in threads and posts.

So the updates are disabled, and to be honest I don't think there should be a need to bring it back. Prove me wrong. The staff can't moderate the sidebar, but they can moderate these threads.

Edited by Spanner
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it's a shame everyone has to be punished for particular people abusing the status updates, but oh well.

Funnily enough I think I would be less bothered by it had the comments on our final status update there not been quite so power abuse-ish. 8C

I mean I didn't even use them much but I liked being able to keep up to date with all the little things in fellow members' lives that weren't topic worthy.

• Thumbs Up 3

This isn't a permanent disable. Updates are extremely difficult for staff to moderate, so we're turning them off for some time until everyone cools off. We might have to look into setting limitations on the statuses too.

• Thumbs Up 6