Awoo.

Activision sucessfully gets a Battlefield 3 fansite shut down

Badnik Mechanic

Update: Website has now been shut down. Activision has been awarded the domain name.

So theres a website out there called modernwarfare3.com

Which is actually a Battlefield 3 fansite, it's designed in a way that it tries to mock Call of Duty MW 3 as being what it is... over-hyped.

The site is complete satire, it mocks everything about Call of Duty in every way and more or less says "Go play Battlefield 3, it's better!" It has a very easy to find disclaimer that says it has nothing to do with Modern Warfare 3 and provides you with a link to the real website...

If it wasn't obvious that it was a fan/mocking site... this is the video that greets you when you visit the site.

However... Activision have decided that the only course of action... is to close the website down by demanding the domain register surrenders the site name to Activision...

Here is the Battlefield 3 fansite that Activision doesn't like.

Source

Edited by Hogfather

Yeah Activision sue BF3 fans over not liking liking your game and totally taking the piss out of MW3 that will really get you into the good books Activision

Seriously Activision gotta calm down on the suing stuff it's only a fansite taking the piss out of a over hyped game it's like Activision are acting like it's spilled it's milk and starting crying over it like....

Edited by SHADDiX LeTO CRoFT

I don't think that the majority COD buyers will actually visit or care about what's on the site.

--- WARNING: THIS WEBSITE IS UNDER SIEGE ---
Edited by Mr.Awesomest

I wish fanboys would stop fighting with each other over which series is better, I like them both and in my view they are quite similar.

Anyway the fansite using a domain like is bound to piss off Activision and COD fans.

But fighting over which game is better, is childish and stupid.

I say f&$k bitching, play games.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wish fanboys would stop fighting with each other over which series is better, I like them both and in my view they are quite similar.

Anyway the fansite using a domain like is bound to piss off Activision and COD fans.

But fighting over which game is better, is childish and stupid.

I say f&$k bitching, play games.

+1 rep

Completely agree. I've been enjoying the Call of Duty games since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and I'm not ashamed to say that. I do get annoyed with all of the complaining that goes on about COD being overrated, but I appreciate that everyone's entitled to their opinion. This new war fans have created between COD: MW3 and Battlefield 3 is especially annoying. Why can't people just appreciate that some people prefer one series over the other? I've never played a Battlefield game, but I think both games are looking awesome and I might just pick Battlefield 3 up too if I can afford it.

Activision has won it's case. The website has shut down and the domain name has been pased to Activison.

Source.

Legally... it's an open and shut case... yet why does it feel like Activision was just being the big bully again?

Legally... it's an open and shut case... yet why does it feel like Activision was just being the big bully again?

because they are???

i mean it's pretty obvious

• Thumbs Up 3

Activision says they don't want to be thought of as the bad guy. They go out of their way to get an insignificant Battlefield 3 fansite shut down. Wait what.

I don't care about Asstivition of that, I'll enjoy both games equally.

BUT THAT VIDEO IS FULL OF WIN <3