Awoo.

Did you ever get out of Sonic?

Crystal Kingfisher

I honestly didn't lose interest until Sonic Unleashed came out. Believe it or not, Sonic 2006 didn't cause me to lose interest in Sonic. I just figured Sega was having a bad year or something when they pushed out a game that wasn't finished, and assumed they'd make a comeback in the next game.

And then we got Unleashed, with the Werehog, 2D-3D gameplay and half of the cast was missing. I still got the game and found it okay, but it wasn't what I wanted in a Sonic game, since I prefer the Adventure games. Then Sonic Colors came out......then Generations...............then Lost World. Still 2D-3D and still no other characters playable.

I haven't bought a Sonic game since Unleashed. Sonic Boom looks interesting, but I'm not willing to buy a Wii-U for it. So I'm still technically out of Sonic.

Man, I remember SADX on PC. You must have had the patience of a saint just for loading it up. Or did you not have the European version (the EU version had a pre-launch bug where you had to swap discs twice just to load the title screen... before swapping discs again)?

And then, god forbid you should ever try to minimise it or accidentally hit the windows key.

I'm pretty interested in Sonic right now. Boom has really taken my fancy. But we don't yet know how it's going to turn out, and what Sonic Team is cooking up over in Japan. Lost World left me feeling pretty disappointed and if just continue to get more disappointments... I'll probably lose interest in Sonic but continue to follow it anyway.

I've never really "gotten out" of Sonic, as in lost interest in him, but there was a good stretch of time where I couldn't get any new Sonic games. I first played the Genesis titles when I was about four or five, and got Heroes and Shadow, my first 3D Sonic games, for my PS2 in about 2005/06. I really wanted the Adventure titles and 06 (I hadn't known anything about the game except that the game case looked friggn' awesome to me), but I had neither a GameCube nor a PS3, and at the time getting another console was just unthinkable. 

For several years my only Sonic games were Mega Collection Plus, Heroes and Shadow because we couldn't afford other consoles due to my mom having a rather low paying job. In 2008/09 I briefly owned Unleashed for my PS2, but after playing almost nothing but Heroes for so long I hated it for both the day and night stages, the former for being too short and Sonic controlling weirdly, and the latter for being slow. I also hated Chip, even though I love him now, because at the time I felt he was replacing Tails as Sonic's sidekick. I ended up selling the game rather than giving it a real chance.

One day my mom got me a brand new PS3, but for a long time the only things I had for it were the Jak HD Trilogy and some downloaded PS1 classics. However, one fateful day in late 2012/ early 2013, I was just browsing the PlayStation Store and I found Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.

My life was complete. "Sonic games for PlayStation for only $10?! Life is glorious! Thank you, God!" I got all of them in the order presented above within a few weeks. CD was alright, but the Adventures were incredible. It was after playing these that I realized I was tired of missing out on the Sonic goodness all the time, so I made it my goal to get every console Sonic game. It was after playing these three games that I got "back into" Sonic.

In the year and a half since then I've managed to get, in this order:

Sonic Unleashed SD (enjoyed this more this time)

Sonic Generations 

A Wii for Christmas

Sonic Colors

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Sonic and the Black Knight (only Sonic performer to disappoint me. Sold this)

A friggin' black Wii U, brand new

Sonic Lost World

And last week finally got Unleashed HD, which has topped Adventure 2 as my favorite Sonic game, and, having all these games, it sure feels good to be a Sonic fan. The only game I'm really missing is 06, but it's not like I'm in any hurry to get that one. I plan on Sonic Boom being my first day one purchase.

• 1 month later...

Not to beat on a dead horse, but I left Sonic when I got a Nintendo DS  and discovered the awesomeness known as Metroid.

Did I write fanfics? Maybe once at most. Did I have fan characters? I came up with an original one called Trip who used a yoyo to trip up enemies and other things. He was a cat character but there wasnt much else.

Did I fantasize about Rouge? Again, once. I was like seven or something. Did the same thing for Krystal from Star Fox two years later. Do I regret past desires? Yes. Very much so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to beat on a dead horse, but I left Sonic when I got a Nintendo DS  and discovered the awesomeness known as Metroid.

Did I write fanfics? Maybe once at most. Did I have fan characters? I came up with an original one called Trip who used a yoyo to trip up enemies and other things. He was a cat character but there wasnt much else.

Did I fantasize about Rouge? Again, once. I was like seven or something. Did the same thing for Krystal from Star Fox two years later. Do I regret past desires? Yes. Very much so.

furryForKrystal.jpg

Although, in my case, I was 16 when she first came around. Where did all you children come from? How dare anyone be born after 1989! wink.png

Well you know, at this point time of birth doesnt matter because everythings getting remade better and better. You got Star Trek with a reboot and that went fine, Robocop with a reboot and that went fine, a bunch of stuff has been remade and just looks awesome now, especially with new stories to back them up.

The same goes for Sonic with Sonic Boom. We just don't know if it's going to go well or not.

Well you know, at this point time of birth doesnt matter because everythings getting remade better and better. You got Star Trek with a reboot and that went fine, Robocop with a reboot and that went fine, a bunch of stuff has been remade and just looks awesome now, especially with new stories to back them up.

Them's fightin' words, bub. ;)

if i ever get out of sonic, let me see... , yes and no, but how yes and no, i will explain.

it all started when my parents gave me my first console, the mega drive (i live in brazil, so it´s not genesis), it cames with 10 games in the internal memory they were : Columns, super monaco gp, golden axe, revenge of the shinobi, flicky, among others that i dont remember very well because i played those more than the others, but the one that i most played was the first sonic the hedgehog,the game that made me broke two mega drive controls trying to pass labirinth zone. I was literally addicted to that game, i played it religiously, then, years later i got my Playstation 2, i played other games, but i was missing sonic, so i searched on the internet a sonic game for playstation 2, i found Sonic Mega Collection Plus, on the same day i went to bought it, and i played sonic 2, 3, 3 and Knuckles and all the others i havent played on the mega drive, the disc passed months in my ps2 and i just didn´t got tired of playing it. a little time after, i started to access a game site named "baixaki jogos", that makes reviews, post news, everything, and on that time i didn´t knew any fansite or anything like it, so my only source of information about games was this site, and i trusted that site blindly, everything they posted i belived, and the other sonic games like sonic heroes, sonic adventure 1 and 2, and all the others, they said that it was a waste of time bought it, that all of them were horrible games and that kind of thing, and i was growing and forgetting sonic. Years later, in 2011 i saw an article there, it was the review of the game Sonic Generations, when i saw it, i said to myself "i will read it, maybe now SEGA made a good game", i read it and they said the game was "a worth gift to the hedgehog by sega", so i said to myself "let´s buy it, if it´s good", and i bought it, played it, and absolutely LOVED IT, i played, replayed, played once more, and again, and one more time, and i started to be curious to see the original levels that originated the generations levels, so i started buying the other games, to see that, and i found myself liking the games that were said to be horrible games, and i realized that the site "baixaki jogos" is like IGN, it is unfair with the games, especially the sonic games, and i started to play sonic again, a little after i knew the sonic stadium and other local fansites and now i know where to find decent games reviews. Today i´m a very proud sonic fan, with a very decent collection, in my opinion, and i´m waiting like many of you guys, the official Sonic Adventure 3 announcement by SEGA, because that game will be awesome.

and that was a little of me, thanks for reading and sorry for the not excellent grammar

I think I lost my interest in Sonic from 2005 to 2008 if I'm not mistaken but the last time I has bought a Sonic game was back in 2003 so it felt like a really long time.

Unleashed was what brought my interest back for some reason so I have fond memories of that game even though I don't really fancy the werehog stages.