Awoo.

Fastest Feeling Sonic Game?

Surge

I would have to say Sonic Unleashed (360). The boost button was one of the greatest things in that game. Sonic Rush and Riders also felt fast but Sonic Unleashed definetly is on top.

• Thumbs Up 3

Riders' speed definitely did not feel close to anything Unleashed has to offer. Unleashed (360) hands down beats every other Sonic game I've ever played in terms of sheer speed. And for that, it's one of my favorite games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Unleashed no question.

And Sonic 06's speed zones were pretty fast too.

I dont know about entire games, the the single Sonic-game level that gives me the best genuine feeling of speed is Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic 2. The way the camera seemingly have trouble keeping up with Sonic while in the pipes is what makes it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dont know about entire games, the the single Sonic-game level that gives me the best genuine feeling of speed is Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic 2. The way the camera seemingly have trouble keeping up with Sonic while in the pipes is what makes it.

Oh yeah definitely. Those short little bits in Sonic 2 definitely got to be the fastest Sonic's ever gone in 2D, I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah definitely. Those short little bits in Sonic 2 definitely got to be the fastest Sonic's ever gone in 2D, I think.

And those short little bits are the sole reason Sonic was top dog back then. Sonic 1 and 3(&K) had 'em, too. Now, they're all over the place and, therefore, nowhere near as special.

That being said however, Unleashed seems to be the fastest for me. But, that's just my opinion. Feel free to discard it if you must.

Sonic CD always gave me that special inertia blast when moving at top speed, but even that reach gets put to the test against the PS360 Unleashed. I guess it’s a bit of a toss up between the two for me. If I had to pick one, I’d say Unleashed, but only if someone was twisting my arm. (really, really hard)

I think Sonic Advance 2 was the fastest of all the 2D games, though Sonic 2 certainly felt like it could give SA2 a run for its money.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering Unleashed actually sacrifies gameplay for the ability to go fast at times, I don't see any reason to vote anything else.

I'd have to say CD comes a close second though, particularly when you're working towards jumping time periods.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Sonic Advance 2 was the fastest of all the 2D games,

This.

If you have a GBA Action Replay and the game, use it and add the infininte ring cheat.

Sonic literaly gets to top speed in 2-3 seconds. Not just the regualr fast running, i'm taking afterimages and everything. You can beat the first level in under a minute. :o

But out of all the games, it's gotta be Unleashed.

Chemical Plant Zone is still the fastest Sonic has ever gone for most players. Comparing the amount of time you take to go through one of the loops in that sequence to the amount of time it takes you to go through a loop in Unleashed, and you'll see that it's true. You go through CPZ's screen sized loops in a fraction of a second, so fast that can barely see it happening, even the tiny loop in Windmill Island Act 2 takes longer. Those loops taking a tiny amount of time also enhance the feeling of speed, the way Sonic just shoots right through them.

On average, F-Zero 5 Unleashed has it beaten.

You can beat the first level in under a minute. :o

That's already doable. But now I want to try this "infinite ring cheat".

That's already doable. But now I want to try this "infinite ring cheat".

I'm taking without any secret paths, or hell, even taking the slowest route possible.

I can answer this question by looking at the speed runs and seeing just how far people can go with that speed. Both Unleashed and Rush are the craziest things to watch someone speed run. It's a toss up between those two. Both games give a nice push when you hit the boost button, which really adds to the feeling. Unleashed gets points for being 3D, I think. Rush comes first for hectic gameplay though, because while you're not boosting, you're mashing the hell outta the trick button to keep that meter up, which gives it a feeling of urgency along with the speed. For the button mashing, Rush wins for me.

Edited by Badnikz

Unleashed by far. And even if it technically ISN'T as fast as another game, it certainly feels the fastest.

i think unleshed on the (ps3) and (wii) and (360) :lol:

i think unleshed on the (ps3) and (wii) and (360) :lol:

i will add you becuse i agree and rush and unleshed are the fastest by far

Please don't post like this. You need to work on your spelling, grammar, and actually adding content to your posts. Please read the rules here and read other people's posts to know what's acceptable around here.

Yeah, Sonic Unleashed 360 no question.

But since that's boring (my response that is, I seriously can't get enough of the game), BEFORE Unleashed, I would have said either Sonic Adventure 2, or Sonic Riders for 3D games. Heroes was pretty fast but an extreme lack of dynamic camera angles, special effects or exciting moments meant it didn't feel fast.

In 2D, definately Advance 2 and Rush for speed throughout a level (leaning more towards Advance 2 here - dunno why, the sense of speed just felt better in that game).

But yeah Sonic 2 wins the 2D war for possible speed. I never played the Mega Drive games much as a kid, but even I thought it was cool when I played them again as a teenager and shot through that Chemical Plant loop.

Unleashed 360 is the fastest feeling Sonic game so far, hands down. They did so well making it look and feel as if you were going super fast, just like Sonic should be. That and I just love it when he's going along full speed... and trips lol XD I hope that they can maintain this sort of feeling in future games.

Sonic CD always gave me that special inertia blast when moving at top speed, but even that reach gets put to the test against the PS360 Unleashed. I guess it’s a bit of a toss up between the two for me. If I had to pick one, I’d say Unleashed, but only if someone was twisting my arm. (really, really hard)

I need to agree with SDT here, Sonic CD created a great feeling of speed when you were going that fast you would WARP forward or backwards in time!

I also say that some of the levels in Sonic 2 for the Megadrive really provided that feeling of what Sonic was all about, speed and fun platforming.

Now... I know you are all saying Unleashed etc. I just... as "fast" as they are there is a lot of waffle and guff in between that just suddenly make you stop to... fight the enemies then you can go fast again. At least with the 2D Sonic games you could blast your way through levels and not stop once to fight an enemy. You could just jump over them and roll into them, no stopping necessary.

Now... I know you are all saying Unleashed etc. I just... as "fast" as they are there is a lot of waffle and guff in between that just suddenly make you stop to... fight the enemies then you can go fast again. At least with the 2D Sonic games you could blast your way through levels and not stop once to fight an enemy. You could just jump over them and roll into them, no stopping necessary.

I actually find the opposite. I know a lot of classic fans hate it, but the fact that the boost can take out most ground-based enemies made it feel very flowing to me.

Whereas on Chemical Plant in Sonic 2 for example, whenever I'm running through those stupid spiky topped enemies always seem to time their attack perfectly so that even when I go into a roll to take them out, their little shooty energy ball things always catch me, bringing me to a halt.

And the less said about those fucking burrowbots before 50% of the loops on Aquatic Ruin the better. D= EVERY TIME.

There were obviously a few levels in classic Sonic games that were designed to just piss you off and slow you down deliberately to make it last a bit longer, yes spike topped robots did my head in too. But, generally you could zip through levels quite quickly and it was just all sorts of awesome to see how quickly you could to a level.

Sonic Unleashed. Sonic 2006 was so slow that the "blistering next gen speeds" tagline just sounded pathetic, because Sonic Adventure 1 FELT faster a lot of the time.

I dont think any of them come close to Uneashed, but second place would probably go to the original Sonic Rush.