Awoo.

Is Shadow The Hedgehog canon?

Unknown User

Technically yes, but the game is a confusing mess when it comes to that though because of all the different endings and all that.

That isactually a very good question...were there any connections with 2006 with Shadow's game at all?

I personally don't think it's canon. It may have explained Shadow's backstory and stuff, but it's not really a Sonic game-it's a spinoff platformer, since it's stars Shadow instead of Sonic; and whatever the goal available that needs to be accomplished is chosen by the player. Not to mention the guns/weapons and vehicles that can be used in the game.

EDIT: Not to mention that all of the events of 06 no longer exist, and that Shadow the Hedgehog isn't referenced in any post-ShTH mainstream Sonic game (well at least so far).

EDIT 2: Read the arguements put here on the thread. I guess it's both a spinoff (based on gameplay and protagonist) and a mainstream canon game (based on storyline).

Edited by Yeow95
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Yup, absolutely is canon. The first cutscene and the last story are indisputable, but everything inbetween is anyone's guess, simply because there's no one path to follow. Most people seem to agree that the pure hero story is canon I think because it adds up the best (i.e., finishing on the ark, working with Sonic etc) but you can't say in absolute certainty.

According to AAUK yes

But I'd say no if it gets no representation in Generations

Considering it has connections to a canon game, and develops one of the main characters, yeah I'm pretty sure its canon.

According to AAUK yes

But I'd say no if it gets no representation in Generations

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

What a nice way to be on topic.

Edited by Yeow95

I just put it there because I liked the way it was drawn. Not because of the content.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't want this getting off-topic, so I'll just PM you about it instead.

Edited by Ishtar

Last story technically made it Canon. But I haven't seen any mention of anything that happened in that game since then So I don't know.

Pretty much the only reason Shadow TH isn't being represented in Generations is because Sonic has no playable levels in the game.

Last story technically made it Canon. But I haven't seen any mention of anything that happened in that game since then So I don't know.

It doesn't matter if anything is mentioned or not.

The whole point is that Shadows character has changed since that game and because of that game.

Had it not been for Shadows own game, he certainly wouldn't be working as an agent in Sonic 06. He would still be struggling with his identity and we might still be hearing the following lines.

"Who am I?"

"MARIA!"

Yet thanks to Shadows game and the events of it, we no longer had that going on so by that logic alone it must have been a canon title.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hogfather's got it; ShtH needs to be canon to finish his arc and put him in position for his role in '06.

Not to mention it would've been a huge inconsistency for him to suddenly be in GUN had it not been for his game.

Its like a horrid domino effect of confusion...for me at least. Isn't there a secret ending in Shadow where the President asks Shadow to join Gun? That explains why he is with them 06. If that ending is real.

And yeah it put him in his position in 06. But 06 got erased from canon. Hopefully blowing out the flame also erased Black Doom.

Edited by Dejablue

I wish I could say more than what Hogfather has already laid out.

The game ties itself with the rest of the Shadow arc from SA2 and is the very game that leads us to the Shadow we get in Sonic 06. Even if ShTH doesn't get any representation in Generations, that does not make it non-canon for the fact that 1) it's Shadow's game, not Sonic's, 2) it's connected to other games leading up to and after it, and 3) it was settled as canon by the AAUK during his time working at Sega whether it gets represented in Generations or not. To claim otherwise is practically denial.

And yeah it put him in his position in 06. But 06 got erased from canon. Hopefully blowing out the flame also erased Black Doom.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

how could it have been Sonic Adventure 3 when the game is about Shadow?

It'd be Shadow Adventure 1...The Return of the Revenge

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 1

how could it have been Sonic Adventure 3 when the game is about Shadow?

But it's all about Shadow. You never play as Sonic. I guess the subtitle was supposed to fix that issue.

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1