Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

A recent one I've come to ship a lot is Sonic 06 X shit.

There's a lot a chemistry between the two, almost as if they are one and the same.

Sonic 06 X Shadow the Hedgehog?

• Thumbs Up 3

I was reading through this topic, and I found a really good suggestion that Azure Yakuzu had made about Amy's character:  

Here's an idea, maybe Amy finally realizes that Sonic just isn't ready to settle down just yet, obviously she's gonna wait for him but she'll try actually being friends with the guy first, and actually try to help him out when he needs it. Sonic realizes how useful and friendly she is when she isn't acting like a lovesick fangirl, and the two gradually become closer,all without forgetting about Amy's crush on him, and it can at least be implied Sonic likes her back. There, see how simple that is.          

I think something similar to this happened in Sonic in the Black Knight.

When Sonic and Caliburn encounter Niume, or the Lady of the Lake, she shares Amy's appearance. Sonic is initially reluctant to talk with her, (AKA tries to run away) but then finds that Niume does not necessarily share Amy's personality. She seems a little more calm, and is definitely useful and friendly, like Azure had said. By the end of the conversation, Sonic is the one showing her affection, and is called out by Caliburn by not "showing respect." I think that his affection toward Niume, who shared the appearance of Amy, could be proof that Sonic may grow to like Amy if she calmed down somewhat. Link to video is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xeayKY8MoY

That being said, I kind of like that Amy isn't always calm, and that she cares enough about Sonic to act a little crazy at times. And I think she has proven herself to be useful and friendly (Sonic X episode 9: Amy makes Sonic a bracelet and singlehandedly destroys Eggman's robot with her hammer). Sonic might come to like her despite that.

Getting back to the original topic, I guess I would say I like Sonic and Amy as a couple, and I would add Knuckles and Rouge as well. Though, there would be that master emerald- I mean, elephant in the room. Rouge probably wouldn't stop trying to steal the master emerald, even if they were a couple. Then again, this line from SA2: "I've got something better than jewels that I'm thinking about right now..." (Knuckles, maybe?)

Edited by ThereN'Back
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like Sally x Sonic, but I like them a lot better when they're NOT a couple, if that makes any sense. I like the dynamic between the two characters a lot when they're not "officially" together, smooching under the moon light, going out on dates, or some other nonsense. Sometimes their character traits are really fun when they bounce off each other, and for some reason it's just not as interesting when they're a couple. I don't care for "will they or won't they" scenarios, in fact I prefer if they prolong the inevitable get together for as long as possible. 

Charmy Cream (Chaream)

Knuckles Rouge (Knuxouge)*

Mephiles Amy (Mephilamy)

Shadow Amy (Shadamy)

Shadow Cream (Shadeam)

Shadow Maria (Shadaria)

Shadow Rouge (Shadouge)

Silver Blaze (Silvaze)*

Sonic Amy (Sonamy)*

Tails Cream (Taiream)*

*Prefer

The others I would not mind or find interesting. I think Amy deserves better and Sonic can have any girl except actual people and Sally and Mephiles and Amy think about it imagine than!

Although I know this definitely wouldn't happen, and I don't particularly need it anyway, I'd be interested in a ShadAmy... only - you guessed it - Amy stalking Shadow the way she does Sonic now. Although they seem to be giving Shadow some snarky lines for the more humorous direction of the games now, there's a lot of humor potential in Amy forcing Shadow to... stuff I can't think of at the moment that doesn't involve marriage or reverse-pedophilic rape. (EDIT: Of course, there'd have to be a justification for Amy's change of heart, but we could have a humorous thing in which Sonic, tired of Amy, does something mean to her, causing her to pout and go for Shadow to make Sonic jealous, only to really fall for Shadow instead. Dunno, just an idea.) Of course, this is all because I think it'd be funny and not because of any appeal in seeing them together, but I'd assume it counts.

Also, Sonic and Blaze has been a bit of a soft spot for me, but I can't really explain why...

Edited by Korg M1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I'm going to admit that I'm a SonAmy fan, but I'm keeping it secretly. I turned into a SonAmy fan when I was watching some random Sonic videos in YouTube.. I've seen a video that said "SonAmy" and other stuff I don't remember.. when I finished watching that video I was like "WTF LOLOLOLOL Sonic and Amy kissing?!" Before that, I kept watching some other SonAmy videos. I'm sure that there's a 99,999% chance that this will NOT happen in a official Sonic game. And as for other couples, I really don't know, I'm just a random SonAmy fan tongue.png.

Sorry, but the only girl for Tails is Cosmo. I don't believe in TailsxCream or TailsxMarine

Wing Fortress x Flying Battery.

Sky Fortress is the offspring.

oh and Egg Carrier x Egg Fleet.

Okay, real talk. I'm not that much of a shipper, but I can kinda see sense in Sonic x Amy and Tails x Cream (I don't watch Sonic Shit-- I mean, Sonic X so I know jack all about Cosmo). But yeah... I don't really ship all that much but those are two pairings that make a bit of sense to me and could almost be canon.

Sonic and his chilli dogs are the best ship. 

ChiliDogBreak-1.jpg

See that? That's true love right there. "Best ship" indeed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Shadow and Maria... not sure if you can call them a couple, but their implied connection is very interesting.

As for actual couples, I like ShadowxRouge and KnucklesxRouge, not sure which one I prefer, they're both cute.

I'm not too into ships. I'm mostly into them for roleplaying purposes, and my favorites because of that would be extremely hard to list. 

ChiliDogBreak-1.jpg

See that? That's true love right there. "Best ship" indeed.

mmm yes my OTP

• Thumbs Up 1

I really wished that they had elaborated on the whole Knuckles and Rouge thing from SA 2. I always thought they were one of the best Sonic "couples."

Oh god shipping. XD

Honestly I've ever only had one ship I love. NICOLE and Shard.

So Sonic is a Blue Widower. He eats his partner.

Well... I guess when you have so many people fawning over you it's perfectly doable as they're easily replaced.

Also explains why he's too busy to pursue an actual romance. tongue.png The way to a hog's heart being his stomach and all, and he's taking it very literally.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 4

Video Game wise.  Sonic x Blaze.  I just feel that Amy is too annoying for her own good and that Sonic can relate with Blaze a heck of a lot.  The ending of Sonic Rush when I first played I feel expresses this best.  Believe me I nearly cried when I first heard it.  It felt like they were really going to miss each other.  That or I'm a really feely person.  Which isn't a bad thing may I point out.

Comic Book wise.  While I never really got into them and I have no idea what Sonic The Comic is like I have always said Sonic x Sally.  hopefully the reasons are obvious but in case not I'll try to go into as I can.  Sally and Sonic have been known for the fact that they are a perfect couple and while Sally sometimes gets a bit too feely for my  liking(nothing wrong with it though), it has always seemed like the better relationship then any of the others he  was with in the comic.  (Seriously Bunny Rabot.  How the hell are they suppose to reproduce(... did I really just think that?)).

• Thumbs Up 2

(Seriously Bunny Rabot.  How the hell are they suppose to reproduce(... did I really just think that?)).

Just throwing this out there...

but Bunnie did find some way to have kids with Antoine in one of the XYL arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I ship SonAmy, Knuxouge, Tails/Marine, Cream/Charmy... And sometimes I feel like shipping Sonadow..

• Thumbs Up 1

Video Game wise.  Sonic x Blaze.  I just feel that Amy is too annoying for her own good and that Sonic can relate with Blaze a heck of a lot.  The ending of Sonic Rush when I first played I feel expresses this best.  Believe me I nearly cried when I first heard it.  It felt like they were really going to miss each other.  That or I'm a really feely person.  Which isn't a bad thing may I point out.

Comic Book wise.  While I never really got into them and I have no idea what Sonic The Comic is like I have always said Sonic x Sally.  hopefully the reasons are obvious but in case not I'll try to go into as I can.  Sally and Sonic have been known for the fact that they are a perfect couple and while Sally sometimes gets a bit too feely for my  liking(nothing wrong with it though), it has always seemed like the better relationship then any of the others he  was with in the comic.  (Seriously Bunny Rabot.  How the hell are they suppose to reproduce(... did I really just think that?)).

When it comes to just Sonic, to me it's pretty much this. I can see the merits in other couples though, most notably in SonAmy when Amy isn't acting psycho from flanderization.

Why in the WORLD do people keep calling it SHIP for?! What does that mean?! I prefer Sonic with Amy and mainly because if you ever been in love, you know the pain love can bring. It would seem wrong for Amy to put in all that hard work for nothing. Not to mention Sonic series would be over because Sonic would be seen as jerk for messing with Amy's emotions for so long when he could of told her in the beginning he did not like her instead of being silent. If Sonic does not get brave enough to tell Amy he "likes her" then she might move on because Amy deserves better. For some reason Amy is one of those love or hate characters, while Blaze and others does not get strong emotions from people. I am strongly against Sonic and Elise, and Sonic and Sally unless if and ONLY IF it is only in the comic, outside of comic Sonic belongs to Amy. Wrote lot of words there in!

• Thumbs Up 1

Why in the WORLD do people keep calling it SHIP for?! What does that mean?! 

In this context, the term "Ship" is just shorthand for "Relationship." There's nothing else to it, really -- just people being somewhat lazy with their terminologies.

• Thumbs Up 1