Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

I don't usually tend to ship characters all that much, but I would hardly(if ever) ship Sonic and Amy, just because it doesn't make much sense to me. I generally look at games for Sonic canon(never read the comics), but it's hard to imagine Sonic in a relationship(Elise doesn't count.) Sure, Amy's madly in love with him, but Sonic doesn't reciprocate those feelings, aside from the date he missed with her at the end of Black Knight. Sonic just doesn't show much interest in her romantically, and I always get the feeling he agreed to go on a date with her to be nice, just because Sonic is a really awesome and stand up guy.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

Did I say I Like Knuckles and Rouge? I think they are a cute couple, and Rouge was made just for Knuckles.... so why not? I even designed what their kids would look like if they did marry :).

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really care for couples. I've always thought Sonic was just about a blue hedgehog and friends bopping bots and kicking evil scientist's butts, and that relationships and drama shouldn't clog a concept so silly. But hey, that's my opinion.

Edited by GuywithPie3376

There a some couples that I support.

Sonic x Sally

Sonic x Blaze

Sonic x Amy (StC)

Sonic x Breezie

Tails x Cream

Tails x Cosmo

Tails x Marine

Knuckles x Julie-Su

Knuckles x Sonia

Knuckles x Rouge

Knuckles x Shade

Vector x Vanilla

Dr. Eggman x Sera

Dr. Eggman x Ella

I don't really care for couples. I've always thought Sonic was just about a blue hedgehog and friends bopping bots and kicking evil scientist's butts, and that relationships and drama shouldn't clog a concept so silly. But hey, that's my opinion.

I don't see why subtle and well-written romantic relationships are any less an avenue to explore characters than other aspects of the writing of characters.

The only consistently badly-written crappy romantic melodrama/Sappiness that consistently reeks of fanboyish OTP-worship *CoughSonallyCough* is in Archie.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like to pair characters up for the fun of it :)

I can then create alternate futures and fun stories about their dating and things :)

I also support Tails and Marine, that would be so cute! they have a lot in common, yet a lot of differences.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hell, give me some crazy ships. I like to experiment.

Pairings like Sonic/Vanilla. Always fun to make out how that could work.

Maybe I just like to be unique.

Game: Silver X Blaze (I'm a stickler for Silver and Blaze, as characters)

Archie: Sonic X Amy (Amy's personality is a lot more likable in Archie, and she shares a close bond with Sonic. I think it's issue 235...)

Dr. Eggman x Dr. Wily is now my OTP.  Poor Waluigi.

I blame Ian Flynn for making their relationship look so damn adorable and evil.

I think this should be split into two categories Sonic Non-Archie version and Sonic Archie version when it comes to this than since they are both very different from each other. I think that DBZ has more in common with Sonic series than Archie does but that my opinion.

Edited by TailsTellsTales
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dr. Eggman x Dr. Wily is now my OTP.  Poor Waluigi.

I blame Ian Flynn for making their relationship look so damn adorable and evil.

Not too outlandish. Even (old, ugly, balding) bad guys need love too!

Hence why I'm partial in particular towards Dark Enerjak and Fleetway Super Sonic's Iblis incarnation... they have so much in common! Falling from the path of good, destroying their world, relishing the use of chaos energy, and of course, a pesky white hedgehog foiling both of their plans.

Maybe it's for the best the two comics never crossed over indeed, given this unstoppable, unholy union!

Not too outlandish. Even (old, ugly, balding) bad guys need love too!Hence why I'm partial in particular towards Dark Enerjak and Fleetway Super Sonic's Iblis incarnation... they have so much in common! Falling from the path of good, destroying their world, relishing the use of chaos energy, and of course, a pesky white hedgehog foiling both of their plans.Maybe it's for the best the two comics never crossed over indeed, given this unstoppable, unholy union!
Hahaha this is a genius comparison. Never even thought about it.

Hahaha this is a genius comparison. Never even thought about it.

Of course like any good coupling they have their sources of conflict too.

"Jaxxy, let's incinerate Silver, then the world!"

"Ibby, no, let's rip out his soul, and then use him as a mindless slave to rule the world!"

"But where's the fire? The destruction?!"

"That will quickly grow dull; there's much more pleasure in the challenges of politics."

"...you're not getting cuddles for a week."

The chaotic evil and lawful evil difference between the two is sure to make for some awkward conversation, clearly.

In this context, the term "Ship" is just shorthand for "Relationship." There's nothing else to it, really -- just people being somewhat lazy with their terminologies.

I would like to say Thank You! Probably would of never figured that out because to me I was thinking actual ship in water!
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would like to say Thank You! Probably would of never figured that out because to me I was thinking actual ship in water!

...well, I learned something here today as well.

I thought it was a reference to the motions of a ship as well. Like one character being bound for another character's port (i.e. heart) or something.

Etymology can be a fairly interesting subject for this reason...

I don't usually tend to ship characters all that much, but I would hardly(if ever) ship Sonic and Amy, just because it doesn't make much sense to me. I generally look at games for Sonic canon(never read the comics), but it's hard to imagine Sonic in a relationship(Elise doesn't count.) Sure, Amy's madly in love with him, but Sonic doesn't reciprocate those feelings, aside from the date he missed with her at the end of Black Knight. Sonic just doesn't show much interest in her romantically, and I always get the feeling he agreed to go on a date with her to be nice, just because Sonic is a really awesome and stand up guy.

Now that is a reasonable and understandable argument you made there using samples from what you notice from the games. Elise kissing Sonic probably Eggman made the game Sonic06 and was like "There, the worst Sonic game ever made! When they see this it will be the end of Sonic, once and for all *laughs* at!"!
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm viciously in support of Silvaze for a few reasons.

Firstly, I know, I know... most of the people who ship the alternative for Blaze, Sonaze, had been convinced by the whole "open yourself up to friendship" part of Rush. Personally, even though I played that before 06, I never got any feeling that that was special. Sonic's just a friendly sort of guy; if it weren't for the mistaken identity thing he'd have been like that with Shadow really. What really sold me, however, was Blaze's half-confession at the end of their story in 06. It seemed to be the closest romantic thing a closed-off person like Blaze would say.

Then you've gotta consider how long they'd been together in that hellish world -- likely since a young age considering they managed to live. This is most likely the case, seeing how dependent Silver is on her, and how well she understands him.

Also I have to admit I have a personal attachment to the ship, as my gf and I met and initially bonded by rping them and developing stories of their younger life in 06verse.

Edited by Cyanblur

I don't support Silvaze at all mostly because of how unconventional it is in just about every way. LOL

Whatever 06 did never made sense to begin with since Blaze was to never exist in the future of Sonic's world in the first place, and pairing them together as they are now has absolutely no logic to it since she's a princess from an alternate dimension, and he's.. well, a time defender from the future of a parallel dimension to her own. Its set apart by both time and space. How could you get any more impractical? Not to mention that by current canon, they haven't really even met, nor had reason to. :v

Sonamy I don't support either, since I find the couple rather obnoxious.. and another thing that doesn't make much sense, either. Sonic doesn't like her as anything more than a friend, and openly runs from her while she obsesses over him in a very unhealthy way. Its just not something to be taken seriously.

Sonaze I can get behind, though. Sure, the whole "friendship" thing is a thing that happened, but its been teased more than once (yes, I'd say the interaction with Percival counts). They have complimentary personalities, the ability to keep up with each other in physical prowess, and can level with each other on their priorities (being protectors of their worlds as well as their own dimensions). Plus, their color schemes work together really well, and Sonic's street-savvy-ness mixed with Blaze's more proper and introverted ways can make some adorable moments. So yeah. 

Rouge and Knuckles is the only other thing I support, really. That's all I can think of. :v

Edited by New Age Retro Azoonky
  • Thumbs Up 4

My problem with Silver/Blaze is a little bit more fundamental than continuity issues, and it comes with a sentence SEGA said about them that was something more or less like "Blaze comes from the same homeworld as Silver and the two share a brother-sister relationship."

I don't really find a point in pairing romantically characters who are officially said to have a sibling like relationship, it doesn't bodes veeery well with me...

and because of that I kinda feel that they would be more weirdered out by the idea of romancing each other than anything else.

and THEN we have the continuity issues... but that's me.

the cat from Disney's bolt though? that one totally wanted the D.

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think Silvaze is nice,it think the possibilities are never ending :). I think they would make an interesting pair, because Silver is,well, Silver, and Blaze is awesome, so Silver can be repaired by her greatness (just kiddng). More seriously, I think Silver and Blaze not only have good chemistry, but a lot of compatible traits. Plus, they look cute together <3.

I think Sonic and Blaze are a possibility. I like the idea that Sonic decides to go for girls more his own age.... but later on, he will fall for Amy.

And about Eggman, he will fall in love with his mirror, and they will be married happily ever after. the end....

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Silvaze is nice,it think the possibilities are never ending smile.png. I think they would make an interesting pair, because Silver is,well, Silver, and Blaze is awesome, so Silver can be repaired by her greatness (just kiddng). More seriously, I think Silver and Blaze not only have good chemistry, but a lot of compatible traits. Plus, they look cute together <3.

I think Sonic and Blaze are a possibility. I like the idea that Sonic decides to go for girls more his own age.... but later on, he will fall for Amy.

And about Eggman, he will fall in love with his mirror, and they will be married happily ever after. the end....

I agree Silver and Blaze have strong chemistry together. Blaze is more open with Silver. She more about business with Sonic. Hopefully Sonic would fall for Amy. Is Sonic and Amy age difference that big than? Lol mirror!

Sonic and Amy!

Silver and Blaze!

See how well they blend together!

Edited by TailsTellsTales
  • Thumbs Up 1