Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

They obviously enjoyed their time together in Colors DS. My point was that it's possible for a relationship to develop.

You do realize that Silver and Blaze were about 5 seconds away from slugging each other in the face in that game right?

That's not my idea of enjoyment.

Anyways, to recap, I support couples that are obvious and canon to the games. Open your eyes and read their emotions. These couples truly make sense, and they're not strained.

Heh, please do excuse the language I'm about to drop, but do know it comes with a purpose... and a double meaning.

Vela f#$king Nova.

(emphasis on the middle word. Seriously not a joke)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't drop a BGM like that on a button mashing boss battle between a boy and a girl and not expect people to draw some... conclusions.

Its rather amusing how you can be so dead set on Amy while so dismissive of everything else.

Pretty much the entire Sonic Rush soundtrack didn't match with the surroundings though. :/

No, but the tempo and thematic always matched the purpose.

Anyone wanna raise their hands and tell DogTagz what tempo and thematic lustful moans and sighs are supposed to imply?

The same thing that a very scratchy beat, spinning on a track and trains getting back are supposed to imply of watery ruins?

The same thing that a very scratchy beat, spinning on a track and trains getting back are supposed to imply of watery ruins?

keep moving or drown, Gotta go fast,

eh, you get the idea. The music put you in the mood.

I hate Sonic couples because I hate the drama that goes with it sad.png

(And not to mention I dispise the Sonaze couple.... not because of who my favorite character is but rather how fans want the characters to be treated.)

Yeah, the drama is pretty terrible. XD

(So somebody understands..)

You do realize that Silver and Blaze were about 5 seconds away from slugging each other in the face in that game right?

That's not my idea of enjoyment.

Heh, please do excuse the language I'm about to drop, but do know it comes with a purpose... and a double meaning.

Vela f#$king Nova.

(emphasis on the middle word. Seriously not a joke)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't drop a BGM like that on a button mashing boss battle between a boy and a girl and not expect people to draw some... conclusions.

Its rather amusing how you can be so dead set on Amy while so dismissive of everything else.

Well THAT, was unexpected.

Amusing? Hah. I have watched every appearance Amy has made in a game, and Sonic's reaction.

Yeah, sure, a romantic relationship between Sonic and Blaze.

It's possible, but not as near as possible as one between Sonic and Amy, and you know it.

Yeah, the drama is pretty terrible. XD

(So somebody understands..)

I have gotten a lot of hate in the past just for shipping Blaze for someone.... that's not Sonic! But with Silver LOL

Nevermind the fact that romance is not focused on in canon. The only canon couple we know is Sonally.

(The worst part is when they make my favorite character into Amy 2.0 and try to get him to be someone trying to break up the Sonaze ship. I say polietly that it is bad writing. But they attack with "u dumazz yew dun liek this story cuz you like silvaze". Yeah it makes me want to strangle someone. OR when someone comments that I hate Blaze.... seriously?)

Yes it was. But considering the events that lead up to it... it oddly felt like a natural outcome. Ego's bouncing all over the place

Amusing? Hah. I have watched every appearance Amy has made in a game, and Sonic's reaction.

Yeah, sure, a romantic relationship between Sonic and Blaze.

It's possible, but not as near as possible as one between Sonic and Amy, and you know it.

Hmmm. Considering that you were fairly in the dark about that whole Silver Blaze thing, I am curious how qualified you are to make a statement like that.

How much research have you put into other character dynamics to make a claim like that, because from what I can tell you've gone fairly tunnel vision on the whole situation.

Besides, the whole possibility spectrum is thrown right  out the window when you consider that the potential likelyhood of any of this happening being a whopping 0% in the game-verse. That goes for SonAmy, SonAze or Son-Whaterver.

I hate Sonic couples because I hate the drama that goes with it sad.png

(And not to mention I dispise the Sonaze couple.... not because of who my favorite character is but rather how fans want the characters to be treated.)

How do you think they're treated?

When I put them together, they're themselves. They care about each other due to how their personalities foil with one another, but it doesn't stop them from who they are. They have their own responsibilities, their own motives, and their own beliefs to tend to, which is further reflected in how they're seperated via dimension. But even with that, they still care about each other and share a lot in common interest. It makes them a simple relationship, but one that works. Plus I like the idea of them being nervous about each other's feelings and also them bonding regardless of cultural differences/ettiquete idk it's nice ok

Usually when Silvaze is pulled off, it consists of completely disregarding Blaze's duties and whereabouts (in both location and canonical placement), simplifying her to 06's role of "Silver's sidekick friend", putting more focus on Silver's character than her, since she's obviously just the love interest / sidekick. And whenever their relationship is done most of the time, it's really dramatic or implied to be all super sentimental and lovey-dovey-ish. They seem to be treated by fans as more of a unit than two independent characters, and that's lame to me.

I've seen it done this way almost every single time by supporters of that pairing, and although I'd love to hear of one that doesn't treat it like that, I don't expect it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic/Sally is the only couple for Sonic. Because Sally is mature, can kick butt, can be girly without bring a brat, worshipping Sonic or clinging on to him. And she allows Sonic to be Sonic. She can keep up with him. Also her mom is the queen so Sally is not tied down to her kingdom unlike Elise and Blaze.

Er, King Sonic?

Even some die hard Satam/Archie fans think that concept is just plain wrong.

Er, King Sonic?

Even some die hard Satam/Archie fans think that concept is just plain wrong.

Sonic was still Sonic when he was king:

sonic0727.jpg

King-Sonic-with-a-plan-to-save-Mobius-fi

still that cocky hedgehog I love

Yeah, but he couldn't be a hero, couldn't be an adventurer, was put into a role of the father and leader of a monarchy. It's less like he kept being Sonic and more like he conformed to being like Sally. 

Yeah, but he couldn't be a hero, couldn't be an adventurer, was put into a role of the father and leader of a monarchy. It's less like he kept being Sonic and more like he conformed to being like Sally. 

This is my key problem with SonSal, in that Sally is almost always designated as Sonic's moral and intellectual superior, and nearly every decision she makes is set up to be 'for the better' and Sonic is meant to conform to it (or face a whopping Humiliation Conga when he doesn't), which, given how she is practically his opposite in many levels, involves changing a lot of what he is. There is nothing to imply Sally has remotely compromised her own lifestyle in the future arc to benefit, her way is just best. This is keeping in mind him not wanting to settle down into the monarchy was the main reason they broke up in the first place. Basically 'the slap' was made justified.

The shipping might work if there was at least some amount of compromise, and Sally's meticulous methods had some flaws that Sonic's spontaneous ones remedied, but this so rarely happens in favor of the cliche 'the female character is ALWAYS right' dynamic. The rare times Sally IS wrong about anything, it is rather superficial or something that isn't connected to her usual approach (eg. instances she is randomly as reckless as Sonic, which if anything only further proves his way is worse).

• Thumbs Up 3

but he is discribed as being the oldest member of the freedom fighters. The FF are the children and Sonic.... so i think he can still adventure. Theres even a few pages where he was helping to fight. 

just.. not all the time :{

but he is discribed as being the oldest member of the freedom fighters. The FF are the children and Sonic.... so i think he can still adventure. Theres even a few pages where he was helping to fight. 

just.. not all the time :{

But there was even a page when he tries to take on Tikhaos....only to get a laser beam to the face and have his five year old kids finish the job for him.

Not to mention the way Shadow effectively curbstomped him.

I like Mobius 30 years later but it's portrayal of Sonic is seriously questionable.

But there was even a page when he tries to take on Tikhaos....only to get a laser beam to the face and have his five year old kids finish the job for him.

Not to mention the way Shadow effectively curbstomped him.

I like Mobius 30 years later but it's portrayal of Sonic is seriously questionable.

i have not read all the comic yet but Sonic :*( 

Sonic's portrayal in the Archie comics alone is questionable. The guy's been everything in the world regarding portrayal except game Sonic. :v

Sonic's portrayal in the Archie comics alone is questionable. The guy's been everything in the world regarding portrayal except game Sonic. :v

I tend not to be big on the portrayals of Sonic paired with Sally, generally because they tend to compromise any redeeming aspects he has in favor of overdoing the 'obnoxious jackass male vs clever level headed female' dynamic. In fact this tends to be the dynamic for most of Ian's relationships (if they have any at all). Julie Su at least had flawed moments, but was usually always a step above Knuckles (which can't be easy considering how much they subdued Knuckles' flaws in the comics). It's such a one note dynamic, especially for what the comics imply they have in terms of depth and full chemistry. Didn't we grow out of Positive Discrimination in the 90s?

It was a bit better in the earlier points of the show and comics, where Sonic didn't seem quite as detrimentally arrogant, while Sally was played more as something of a self righteous rival of Sonic, too adamant on proving how stupid he was and having more quirks related to being meticulous, such as neurotic fussiness and sympathetic control freak symptoms (even if points there was a full on role reversal where Sonic was the Straight Man to her screwing up were still rare). Either way I feel Sonic should be paired with an equal rather than someone he's supposed to always be outsmarted by. As mentioned the fact things are the opposite way round is why Blaze seems underdeveloped as foil for him (though it would be interesting to see her foil a situation like Lost Worlds, just not ALL THE DAMN TIME).

• Thumbs Up 1

I've always thought Sonic and Sally were a good pair, but SonAmy is too fucking adorable. The last scene in Sonic X 52 is the icing on that cake.

Sonic and Amy has always been my favourite couple because it's the one that is most canon to the main story. It's pretty obvious that even though Sonic pushes Amy away and acts as if he doesn't want anything to do with her he really does care for her deep down. Sonic X is proof of that and even the games have shown hints of Sonic caring for Amy. Yes, even Sonic 06. ("Thanks Amy, I appreciate it.")

That's why I get annoyed when fans of other couples like ShadAmy say Sonic HATES Amy. Yeah, right.

• Thumbs Up 1

How do you think they're treated?

They treat Silver like he's Amy 2.0 from Archie Comics, always thinking that he/she is the main character's boyfriend/girlfriend and gets in the middle of said relationship. If there is one thing I dispise, it's when a story take a character, exaggerates thier bad traits.... all to glorify another character or a paring. Plus, Silver.... is not the guy to fawn over a girl. I've seen most fics make him into a stalker only to be kicked by Sonic or for Blaze to say I DUNT LIKE YEW DUMAZZZ BITCH

The worst thing I've seen Sonaze fans do is that some will even ship Silver and Amy together only to use them to to be annoying towards said paring. Like for example, one fic I read had them try to KILL the main couple. IF I CNAT HAVE YEW NOOO OUN KULD!!! And I could go on and on but I won't. But do you understand where I am coming from? When someone puts a character and makes them annoying just for the sake of glorifying a couple, then that's bad and it makes me upset because they are ruining my favorite character and making me feel gulity for liking him. Archie Comics has done this shit long enough.

I have been on DA and FFN for 5 years and I see alot. :*(

Usually when Silvaze is pulled off, it consists of completely disregarding Blaze's duties and whereabouts (in both location and canonical placement), simplifying her to 06's role of "Silver's sidekick friend", putting more focus on Silver's character than her, since she's obviously just the love interest / sidekick. And whenever their relationship is done most of the time, it's really dramatic or implied to be all super sentimental and lovey-dovey-ish. They seem to be treated by fans as more of a unit than two independent characters, and that's lame to me.

I've seen it done this way almost every single time by supporters of that pairing, and although I'd love to hear of one that doesn't treat it like that, I don't expect it.

Which this is another cadinal sin of writing. Disregarding the character's duties and roles just for the sake of shoehorning another character for a paring is wrong! Archie Comics does this with Sonic! It's very annoying. Plus, I have made that mistake in the past and never again will I do it. Meaning the first mistake I made was making Blaze chase Silver around (I was not a Silver/Blaze fan but I liked the one-sided crush thingy) and it was a bad idea for reasons you should already know.

I don't post my work anymore online but I will write and the way I protray them (yes I am a Silver/Blaze fan but not a huge fan) is alot different. Yes, I put the two worlds together but far from each other and it was mostly for the Eggman Nega thing. Kingdom is seperate so I treat it as if it were seperate from Soleanna. So roles are not disregarded. I can ship them without doing any of that and the keyword for relationship development is compromise. Like sometimes Silver would get too protective and it ends up back-fired on his part and that's when he learns to trust. But that's an example of MY protrayal.

I don't mean to bore you with my long writing but I agree and I am a fan of this couple. I look at fanfics and I say in my mind "you ruined my favorite paring".

That's why I get annoyed when fans of other couples like ShadAmy say Sonic HATES Amy. Yeah, right.

That's not true that Sonic hates Amy. Sonic is just not ready to commit himself to any female character. But as for hating Amy, Sonic X, Episode 52, Japanese version.