Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

Knuckles and the Master Emerald are the best couple.

Fuck are you talking about, Big and Froggy are clearly made for each other.

No, I don't really care about pairing Sonic characters.

Edited by Ekaje

Dude, this is SEGA. They think that we are all children, so no romance allowed in Sonic games.

It's purely hypothetical, stop spamming, we heard you the first time.

Chris X Iblis. They were made for each other

I think you meant to say Chris X Elise. Seriously, both are human, both are wimpy and useless, both helped ruin the piece of Sonic media they appeared in with their very presence, both are rich, both have an unhealthy fixation on Sonic and sees him as the only source of light in their "hard" lives (yeah, being rich is such a pain. What Caribbean island to travel to next? What monocle to wear, the gold one or the silver one?).

In short, they are made for each other. Cant you just imagine them sharing a bed? You know, with a drugged and sedated Sonic laying in between them?

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 3

I hate couples.

extraheretical.jpg

ESPECIALLY THESE KIND.

It also doesn't help that in stories, where it's mostly to cater to the author's fantasies/fetishes, and hardly ever to give a character some more depth that isn't cheesier than a mouse in a kitchen.

However, if everyone else in the world were to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPP5Ja7YNashttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j79OmhES7J0#t=0m50s if I didn't pick one couple, I'd say Sonic and Blaze, for a couple reasons. One, they are separated by dimensions, so everyone wouldn't have to deal with it in every time Sonic leaves his front door. Two, they seem very alike. The two have worked each other out as their equals, even though they are different in some aspects. I'd go on, but I have more reasons why they shouldn't than they should.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dude, this is SEGA. They think that we are all children, so no romance allowed in Sonic games.

You're fucking retarded.

To put it quite frankly, the reason SEGA doesn't have couples in a Sonic game is because it ties down characters and messes with story. If anything, it's just a tie down. SOOOO yeah. If Sonic started dating it would feel akward and wrong...just...weird. You may feel other wise, but I'm standing by that.

Sorry about that, hit the post button before I was ready. -_-

I'm in such a daze today.

Edited by Gaming Misfit
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Don't. We don't want this topic to become an insult-fest.

Edited with reasons to avoid a fight.

To put it quite frankly, the reason SEGA doesn't have couples in a Sonic game is because it ties down characters and messes with story.
How? It's not as if the moment two characters start dating, everything about them has to revolve around the fact that they're dating.

Most of the people who play the games are children.

Most of the people who play the games are children.

That's generally irrelevant to the fact that the idea of romance isn't some inherently adult concept anyways. You know how many Disney films have romance in them? This idea that love cannot be shown in children's media is immature.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eggman and Sera are my favorite Sonic couple ever. I personally think they're adorable together, and would've loved to have seen more OVA universe just to see them interact.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 1

Silvaze, because I like relationships where the woman is the dominate one.

Blazamy because it's incredibly cute, and their character types are in numerous Girls Love series.

How? It's not as if the moment two characters start dating, everything about them has to revolve around the fact that they're dating.

I would personally find it very akward seeing Sonic kissing Amy and then running off to stop Eggman. Don't ask me why, it just would.

Aren't Knuckles and Rouge already dating?

I mean... we barely see them anymore, they're always fighting, and she's determined to get his family jewel.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic & Knuckles, behind all that fighting is pure sexual lust. He's the blue to his re, they're MADE for each other.

I'm not that much into shipping as other people, but I do like the occasional hint dropped from time to time. But really the only ones I support are the ones that have been teased the most, I blame Sonic X for this. Let's face it, some people consider it the best Sonic show because of all the Sonamy, and Knouge fanservice it had, and really I don't blame them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Romance doesn't exist in Sonic games. It is usually implied, and that's about it.

In recent games the other characters haven't been around much, so we haven't really had a chance to see any further romantic implications. The last game to actually have any kind of 'shipping' was probably 06, and that was Shadxrouge. BlazexSilver was more or less Non-existant, as it was pretty much denied at the end of Silver's story (that other 'ship' has sunk, don't even mention it)

Edited by Scar

Romance doesn't exist in Sonic games. It is usually implied, and that's about it.

In recent games the other characters haven't been around much, so we haven't really had a chance to see any further romantic implications. The last game to actually have any kind of 'shipping' was probably 06, and that was Shadxrouge. BlazexSilver was more or less Non-existant, as it was pretty much denied at the end of Silver's story (that other 'ship' has sunk, don't even mention it)

Well DURR of course romance doesn't exist in the series, that's why its called Shipping. You can have characters develop feelings for each other, without ever making it official(Sonamy) or hide said feelings behind arguments and insults(Knouge, Sonuckles).

Hell I think the closest the series ever got to an official relationship was Tails and Cosmo(Ironic he got farther than Sonic & Knuckles ever did), and we all know how THAT ended.

Edited by Shadic93

Hell I think the closest the series ever got to an official relationship was Tails and Cosmo

No, that's not true. If we talk about anything other than the games, then we have to bring all the other canons into it, including the comics. And the comics...well, have a lot of relationships.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, that's not true. If we talk about anything other than the games, then we have to bring all the other canons into it, including the comics. And the comics...well, have a lot of relationships.

Sonic X is based on the games, the comics aren't.

Archie is a completely different story, a story I would rather not read.

• Thumbs Up 1

Every alternate canon is based upon the games in some capacity.

Ehh let's not have this delve into a canon arguement.

Any case the "romance" in this series is very subtle and limited, and obviously takes a backseat to the action.

My favourite Sonic couples, eh? Well, time to quote my previous responses like a boss!

Silver x Espio

Wait, what?

Yes! Silver x Espio. In much the same way that Blaze acquired a newfound friendship with Cream in Sonic Rush, Silver quickly befriended Espio in his return to the past in Sonic Rivals 2. Espio had a similar role to Blaze's in Sonic the Hedgehog, actually. Being the calm and collected guy that he is, he was one of the few people who was patient enough to tolerate Silver's "OMG! GOTTA STOP NEGA!" antics, and actually spent the time to hear his side of the story. I think Silver was good for Espio as well, seeing as he was able to socialize with someone outside of the Chaotix Detective Agency for a change. It's a shame that he was too busy tracking down Whitestones in Icepeak to chill with Silver and the gang in Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics, though.

Okie dokie. Favourite couples in the Sonic the Hedgehog series, eh? I've got quite a few, yup.

Sonic x Louie Montaine

Oh come on, it's hard not to support this brilliantly steamy relationship between an unaccompanied 15 year old hedgehog boy and a shady 38 year old homosexual human male who wanders around parks in the inlying Empire City area. Once Sonic had agreed to take this unlicensed self-proclaimed love guru's training program it was obvious that sparks had been exchanged. Sonic met this mysterious man daily (and more importantly nightly. while no one was looking, away from others. rAwr~) to partake in some rather interesting training sessions in which Louie would closely examine Sonic's boyish charm from a safe distance, complimenting him on a job well done later - not skimping on the remarks regarding his physical appeal to "his special one", of course <3. After many days of training, Louie came so close to admitting his love for Sonic, but he could never bring it to himself to outright say it. Bah...Sonic must have seen something in him. Why else would he have kept on returning all the time, eh?!

Unfortunately Sonic had to run off to Adabat to save the day and stuff, so the relationship was short lived. Oh well.

Sonic x Caliburn

sonicxcaliburn.jpg

"This is my rape face."

I believe that no further explanation is necessary.

I also ship Wentos x his right hand, but that is a tale for another time~

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

SEGA of Japan seemed to have tighter control over Sonic X and what could be portrayed in it romance and pairings wise. I don't believe the same can be said for American canons. It's SEGA of America that hold sway over the likes of Archie and they have 'em on a tight leash it seems considering how they dictate how Sonic is to be portrayed.

I dunno. To me, I'm a bit more inclined to regard SEGA of Japan's and Sonic Team's involvement with other Sonic canons more seriously than SEGA of America considering that X had Sonic Team's direct involvement and therefore even if X is considered by them to be separate from the games, they allowed blatant depictions of SonAmy and the like.

I don't want to be stupid, but hasn't sonic sorta dated amy in black knight.I mean because of that last cutscene of the game.

About the question yeah I don't mind a little relationship between sonic and amy, and maybe knuckles and rouge or shadow and rouge, but nothing to serious. I just like to see the interaction between these characters, it does have its funny and cute moments.