Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

Ehh let's not have this delve into a canon arguement.

Any case the "romance" in this series is very subtle and limited, and obviously takes a backseat to the action.

That wasn't an initiation to argue about canon so much as it was a statement of fact. All of the comics and cartoons are spin-off material directly descended from the games to some degree. Without the games, none of the alternative media would exist.

As for the romance, I agree that it's extremely limited in the games, but I don't think anyone is really denying that.

• Thumbs Up 1

It so nice to see that even in the face of an influx of noobies, that the SSMB can still have a shipping thread that doesn’t delve into a flame war. This is the culture we gotta set and maintain people.

While I’m here, I guess I’ll add in my 2 cents from the old thread to contribute to the discussion.

Sonic/Blaze

Since her intro, I’ve really enjoyed the awkward dynamic the two have shared. Both represent visions of each other and I think that both have really grown into more “full” characters though their interactions. Sonic’s cocky grin seems like the only thing that brings out the best in Blaze’s character and in turn we’ve been treated to a bit of blue blur philosophy. Her standing with Sonic always struck me as different than the one she shared with Silver in 06, and on top of that, Sonic always seems to aim for the princesses anyway. (Sally, Tiara, Elise, Mer-hog ect). King Sonic is an inevitability at this point.

Aside from this, its kinda destiny that the two end up together. As Sonic Rush Adventure explained, the Sol and Chaos emeralds seem to play a role in intertwining their fates. Like the gems WANT them to be together…..

I think that is awesome.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

How's about Froggy & Omega?

The love story between an amphibian who's constantly being harassed and stalked by his ex feline lover, and a robotic killing machine whose heart is shrouded in vengeful hellish rage for his creator. Is Froggy's love capable of changing the robot?

Coming February 2012 to Lifetime.

• Thumbs Up 5

The love story between an amphibian who's constantly being harassed and stalked by his ex feline lover, and a robotic killing machine whose heart is shrouded in vengeful hellish rage for his creator. Is Froggy's love capable of changing the robot?

I love this.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 6

No.

After an amazing mexican standoff against Big the Cat, and just as Omega is coming full circle to seeing the light, Robotnik remorselessly guns down Froggy right in front of him. The frog ribbits softly in Omega's clawed hands as he slowly croaks. Omega is about to raise his guns with a defiant "STUPID MEATBAG", angered by the callous nature of his 'stached creator once more... but he's already gone, only the faint echoes of his dark laughter can be heard as the massive hulk of machinery weeps as only a machine can weep for the loss of an innocent frog's life.

There are also subtle implications that G-Mel and Johnny run a drug syndicate.

My absolute favorite pairing is Sonic / Amy and Verte took the words and examples right out of my mouth. The main reason I enjoyed watching Sonic X so much was seeing all the Sonic and Amy moments the show had. I absorbed it like a sponge and loved every moment of it. I think they are an adorable couple together and fit each other's personalities just perfect. She's sweet, caring and also out going and strong willed like Sonic is and its cute seeing her chase him around all romantic and him being shy and skittish and unable to express his emotions around her. You can see how worried and concerned he gets in Sonic X when she's in danger all the time, its written all over his face. Also in Episode 52 of Sonic X not only did the Natsu No Hi scene depict great love and romance between the two but upon coming home from Chris's world the first place Sonic went was Amy's house. He passed by Tails and was heading straight towards her house of all places, she had to run all the way back to her house from Cream's house.

Why would Sonic land right in front of her house of all places? It really seemed like he was meaning to meet her first or see how she was doing like he had missed her while he was gone. They really wanted to emphasis this too within the scene by showing the big sign saying "House Of Amy Rose" as well. Their personalities match each other's so well, I just feel they are meant for each other. Amy and Sonic compliment each other so well. Their antics can also be some great comic relief as well like in certain Episodes of Sonic X. One that comes to mind is in Season 3 where she tried to save him and caused him more harm than good in the process. I've been a fan of this pairing since I was a kid and played Sonic CD lol and seeing her cling on to him for the first time I just thought she was super adorable. I'm also a big fan of the Japanese 90's comic where Sonic had a split personality and was known as Nicky and his girlfriend was Amy Rose. What's funny in that comic is that its backwards, Sonic and Nicky are both head over heels for Amy and she's kind of flirty and in love with both.

Sonic and Nicky get jealous of each other in a way too over Amy which is funny since its the same person. A lot of Sonic CD advertisement back in the 90's in Japan and Europe would claim the pair as a couple as well which is pretty funny and cute. I just love the pairing and its my favorite in the Sonic Franchise, I'm hoping for the day I can see them kiss in a cartoon or in the games, or hold hands at least lol. That would make me the happiest girl in the world. Other pairings I'm fond of are Knuckles / Rouge, Knuckles / Shade, Rouge / Shadow, and Silver / Blaze. I also thought Tails and Cosmo together in Sonic X was adorable and really sad when she died. Knuckles and Rouge do so great together and have great chemistry I just loved them in Adventure 2 and Sonic X. There was quite a lot of flirting going on between the two in Sonic X especially. It's kind of sad that as of late in the games since Adventure 2 we haven't really seen any Rouge and Knuckles moments.

I don't know why. I also liked Knuckles and Shade together a lot in Chronicles and hope to see her make a return as an official character someday. It's nice to see Knuckles with another echidna and I think it does great for him as a character and for the storyline revolving around his people and the fact he's lived his whole life thinking he was the only one left alive. Imagine how he must feel to see another and a girl at that of his kind. I can totally see him having a lot of children with her one day if they got married, being lonely for so many years on Angel Island I can totally see him having a big family with someone. It's cute seeing him and her together and they also seemed to have some good chemistry together. They have similar personalities but she's more calm and cool collected while he has a temper and gets agitated easily. Both were also naive and fooled as well, her with IX and him with Eggman on numerous occasions.

Both also have great pride in their culture and duties. I also really like seeing Rouge and Shadow as a couple now which seems to present itself in more games and media lately than Knuckles and Rouge. I think they have a good connection with each other and she's one of the only few Shadow can have a personal relationship with whether its friendship or romantic. She seems to be one who can calm him easily and be one he can confide in. It's nice to see those kinds of bonds with Shadow and Rouge and also Omega as well. I really liked Shadow and Rouge's relations in Sonic Battle and 06. Shadow was staying at her place at her night club lol they just seem to go so well with each other. Both are not innocent either, Shadow has his past and also deals with situations different and has different morals than Sonic. Rouge is a thief and does things her way and it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be for good or evil.

Seeing them together as a pair feels really natural to me and works great. I think Silver and Blaze are very cute together, she's a very strong female character in the Franchise and she's the dominant one in this relationship. Giving Silver the guidance and confidence he needs, she's there for him and its a nurturing type of love and friendship that I like with these two. I wish to see them together again like in 06 in future games but they kind of changed the stories around to much to make it possible unfortunately with Rush and Rush Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I've decided it's about time we actually kept track of all these posts. Why? Because I want to. We've had this exact same discussion many times, but we've never actually figured out which couples people here like the most. So here's all the posts so far translated into numbers and alphabetized:

Games:

Sonic/Amy: 9

Sonic/Blaze: 9

Knuckles/Rouge: 5

Amy/Blaze: 3

Shadow/Amy: 3

Shadow/Rouge: 3

Sonic/Knuckles: 3

Knuckles/Shade: 2

Silver/Blaze: 2

Sonic/Caliburn: 2

Amy/Rouge: 1

Big/Froggy: 1

Charmy/Cream: 1

Knuckles/Master Emerald: 1

Omega/Froggy: 1

Orbot/Cubot: 1

Shadow/Cream: 1

Silver/Espio: 1

Sonic/Elise: 1

Sonic/Louie: 1

Tails/Marine: 1

Vector/Espio: 1

Wentos/his right hand: 1

Non-Game:

Sonic/Sally: 2

Chris/Elise: 1

Chris/Iblis: 1

Eggman/Ella: 1

Eggman/Sera: 1

Knuckles/Julie-Su: 1

Rouge/Topaz: 1

Scourge/Fiona: 1

Tails/Cosmo: 1

Three-way:

Sonic/Amy/Blaze: 1

Will re-post with updated tallies if this topic continues on long enough for it to be worth it. As in: Once a few pages have gone by that don't consist of, for example, people arguing with each other.

@Post #18: Diogenes, I didn't count your post in this summary because I couldn't decide if you were supporting the four couples you mentioned or were just commenting on them. Tell me if I should have included your post.

Edit: Added SonikkuGenesis89's post to tally.

Edited by Unknownlight
  • Thumbs Up 1

<_< None at all. They are just wierd (crack pairings, ESPECIALLY the Yaoi/Yuri couples....) or illogical (i.e. CheeseXIblis WTF?!). Not to mention that a lot of these couples aren't even the same species.

Only one I can actually accept is Sonamy because it actually makes sense.

<_< None at all. They are just wierd (crack pairings, ESPECIALLY the Yaoi/Yuri couples....) or illogical (i.e. CheeseXIblis WTF?!). Not to mention that a lot of these couples aren't even the same species.

You're in a series about color coded anthros who fight an obese scientist over a bunch color coded rocks, and your worried about sense?

• Thumbs Up 2

With that said, a 15 year old dating a 12 year old would raise more than a few eyebrows in real life as well. An age difference of three years doesn't really matter in adulthood, but during adolescence it's a pretty big deal.

Not to mention that a lot of these couples aren't even the same species.

Fang The Sniper is officially a wolf and weasel hybrid.... Just saying.

You're in a series about color coded anthros who fight an obese scientist over a bunch color coded rocks, and your worried about sense?

........you do have a point. But it still makes more.....SOMETHING than other couples I just don't know what the heck it is.

With that said, a 15 year old dating a 12 year old would raise more than a few eyebrows in real life as well. An age difference of three years doesn't really matter in adulthood, but during adolescence it's a pretty big deal.

.......Oh yeah, that too. Otherwise Sonic can be considered a Pedohedgehog.

So I guess with that in mind.....if you ACTUALLY DO care about logic in this series....none of the couples seem legit.

........you do have a point. But it still makes more.....SOMETHING than other couples I just don't know what the heck it is.

.......Oh yeah, that too. Otherwise Sonic can be considered a Pedohedgehog.

So I guess with that in mind.....if you ACTUALLY DO care about logic in this series....none of the couples seem legit.

Hence why we kicked Logic out, and did the impossible, cause that's just the way we roll.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't always care about the couples. But when I do, these are my preference:

Sonic x Amy... or at least it used to be. But it's really not as appealing as I used to think. It definitely seems one sided. I almost want to support Sonic and Tails more than I do Sonic and Amy, they are the only other ones who seem to have that special bond. Sonic shows no such closeness with any other character. But I just can't support it for some reason.

Shadow x Rouge. never really supported anything other than Knuckles X Rouge until Shadow the Hedgehog came around. Rouge and Knuckles seem to have completely lost the understanding that they had, and Shadow and Rouge were becoming just as close as Sonic and Tails. The bit that really sealed the deal was when Rouge said no matter what happened she'd support Shadow in Sonic 2006.

...I like Sonic X couples a little too. Vector and Vanilla made me smile. I also really liked Eggman and Ella in the comic. It was too cute. But I can't truly support them so long as they are uncanon.

Aside from that, I support no more couples than the ones I said. The little sparks that people think are there are not big enough to have any sort of meaning.

Edited by Lando The Bat

I don't always care about the couples. But when I do, these are my preference:

Sonic x Amy... or at least it used to be. But it's really not as appealing as I used to think. It definitely seems one sided. I almost want to support Sonic and Tails more than I do Sonic and Amy, they are the only other ones who seem to have that special bond. Sonic shows no such closeness with any other character. But I just can't support it for some reason.

Shadow x Rouge. never really supported anything other than Knuckles X Rouge until Shadow the Hedgehog came around. Rouge and Knuckles seem to have completely lost the understanding that they had, and Shadow and Rouge were becoming just as close as Sonic and Tails. The bit that really sealed the deal was when Rouge said no matter what happened she'd support Shadow in Sonic 2006.

...I like Sonic X couples a little too. Vector and Vanilla made me smile. I also really liked Eggman and Ella in the comic. It was too cute. But I can't truly support them so long as they are uncanon.

Ehh never was a Shadouge fan, if only because people use ONE game as context to their relationship, and because Knouge has had a lot more exposure beyond just Sa2, most of their interactions in Sonic X and a handful of other games come to mind. Oh god I'm arguing about shipping, someone help me.

Ehh never was a Shadouge fan, if only because people use ONE game as context to their relationship, and because Knouge has had a lot more exposure beyond just Sa2, most of their interactions in Sonic X and a handful of other games come to mind. Oh god I'm arguing about shipping, someone help me.

Word.

I'v said this many times before and I'll say it again: Shadow is just not the type of guy to get into a romantic relationship. No matter what the fangirls/boys say.

Blazamy because it's incredibly cute, and their character types are in numerous Girls Love series.

This! basically were talking about a genki girl (with some tsundere traits to balance her out) and a kuundere (who is like the snow, cold outside but has to be that way to protect the grass beneath). The interesting things is that the trait I know Amy more for is making other's open up by looking at the good in them, and considering how Blaze is socially akward, especially when trusting other people, we get a pretty interesting scenario that could start off as a friendship with some light shoujo ai undertones.

Must...support...with more art! *burns in manly determination and goes to draw*

And nice to see this has not degenerated into a flamewar as well as reading more of Dr. Crusher's epicness. =3

Scourge X Scourge. The hog knows whats best and he's got lots of it.

Sonic X Caliburn. Come here you studdly peice of Metal.

Shadow x Blaze. The awkward turtle moment in the Sonic Universe says it all.

Okay, I've decided it's about time we actually kept track of all these posts. Why? Because I want to. We've had this exact same discussion many times, but we've never actually figured out which couples people here like the most. So here's all the posts so far translated into numbers and alphabetized:

Games:

Sonic/Amy: 9

Sonic/Blaze: 9

Knuckles/Rouge: 5

Shadow/Amy: 3

Shadow/Rouge: 3

Sonic/Knuckles: 3

Knuckles/Shade: 2

Silver/Blaze: 2

Sonic/Caliburn: 2

Amy/Rouge: 1

Big/Froggy: 1

Charmy/Cream: 1

Knuckles/Master Emerald: 1

Omega/Froggy: 1

Orbot/Cubot: 1

Shadow/Cream: 1

Silver/Espio: 1

Sonic/Elise: 1

Sonic/Louie: 1

Tails/Marine: 1

Vector/Espio: 1

Wentos/his right hand: 1

Non-Game:

Sonic/Sally: 2

Chris/Elise: 1

Chris/Iblis: 1

Eggman/Ella: 1

Eggman/Sera: 1

Knuckles/Julie-Su: 1

Rouge/Topaz: 1

Scourge/Fiona: 1

Tails/Cosmo: 1

Three-way:

Sonic/Amy/Blaze: 1

Will re-post with updated tallies if this topic continues on long enough for it to be worth it. As in: Once a few pages have gone by that don't consist of, for example, people arguing with each other.

@Post #18: Diogenes, I didn't count your post in this summary because I couldn't decide if you were supporting the four couples you mentioned or were just commenting on them. Tell me if I should have included your post.

Edit: Added SonikkuGenesis89's post to tally.

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 2

Must...support...with more art! *burns in manly determination and goes to draw*

None. There should be no romance in Sonic games, this isn't Mass Effect. Action > Romance.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1