Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

Okay, I've decided it's about time we actually kept track of all these posts. Why? Because I want to. We've had this exact same discussion many times, but we've never actually figured out which couples people here like the most. So here's all the posts so far translated into numbers and alphabetized:

Games:

Sonic/Amy: 9

Sonic/Blaze: 9

Knuckles/Rouge: 5

Amy/Blaze: 3

Shadow/Amy: 3

Shadow/Rouge: 3

Sonic/Knuckles: 3

Knuckles/Shade: 2

Silver/Blaze: 2

Sonic/Caliburn: 2

Amy/Rouge: 1

Big/Froggy: 1

Charmy/Cream: 1

Knuckles/Master Emerald: 1

Omega/Froggy: 1

Orbot/Cubot: 1

Shadow/Cream: 1

Silver/Espio: 1

Sonic/Elise: 1

Sonic/Louie: 1

Tails/Marine: 1

Vector/Espio: 1

Wentos/his right hand: 1

Non-Game:

Sonic/Sally: 2

Chris/Elise: 1

Chris/Iblis: 1

Eggman/Ella: 1

Eggman/Sera: 1

Knuckles/Julie-Su: 1

Rouge/Topaz: 1

Scourge/Fiona: 1

Tails/Cosmo: 1

Three-way:

Sonic/Amy/Blaze: 1

Will re-post with updated tallies if this topic continues on long enough for it to be worth it. As in: Once a few pages have gone by that don't consist of, for example, people arguing with each other.

@Post #18: Diogenes, I didn't count your post in this summary because I couldn't decide if you were supporting the four couples you mentioned or were just commenting on them. Tell me if I should have included your post.

Edit: Added SonikkuGenesis89's post to tally.

Ah, cool list, but aside from the two "common" ones (SonicXBlaze/TailsXMarine), you will never know the crazy shit that I enjoy! Therefore your list will forever remain invalid!

Ha ha ha!

What is the intent of shipping anyway? It’s a question that often crosses the mind.

Theoretically it’s to match up two (or three) characters that would be happiest together, picking out every minute detail that confirms that your preference is the best despite this all going to hogwash if they change to a writer that didn’t dedicate several hours analyzing the same youtube video for the same microscopic details.

Then again, I run across a lot pairings that are abusive, unlikely, and or completely ridiculous and celebrated for it. Is this for the same reason people are obsessed with death in literature despite not wanting it on themselves?

Then I thought shipping was essentially placing bets on who would end up together in the end, however that makes even less sense;

In the presence of any possible romantic interest, one of them usually either dies (fire always involved) or ends up suffering immensely in the Sonic Games. This carries over to a lot of the platonic relationships aswell. Yet the Sonic community has the most varied number of shippers I have ever seen in a fandom.

If the DC and Marvel comic franchises are anything to go on, even when happiness is finally found, writers hate keep it that way. They must be parted by tragic events predetermined.

I guess fans just like to run with things that are implied and unlikely rather than the safe and certain. After all, where is the sport in pairing actual homosexual characters with each other?

What is the intent of shipping anyway?

I'm completely devoid of a heart, so I'll never know.

Nor will I care. People are weird.

Sonic characters are pretty much MADE to never be shipped with another character. Sonic is like the wind, you can't contain wind. Amy is obssessed with Sonic and nobody else. Knuckles and Rouge are obviously attracted by each other, but Knuckles is too socially stupid to admit it, not even in his head (the fact Rouge constantly acts flirty doesn't help). Big is a lazy guy living away from anyone. Shadow is very far from the kind of guy who'd even fall in love. Cream is freakin' 6. Blaze is too closed on herself, even after being friend with Sonic, Tails and Marine she still didn't change much. Eggman dreams of creating Eggmanland and if he loves anyone, that'd be himself.

The only character who could ever be opened to love is... Tails. And, guess what ? That happened in Sonic X, with Cosmo. Although Tails pretty much had to kill her at the end. But, in-universe, nobody can be a candidate. Cream ? Aside from her being two years younger than Tails, nothing supports this at all.

Shipping Sonic characters is weird, that's all.

• Thumbs Up 1

What is the intent of shipping anyway? It’s a question that often crosses the mind.

Theoretically it’s to match up two (or three) characters that would be happiest together, picking out every minute detail that confirms that your preference is the best despite this all going to hogwash if they change to a writer that didn’t dedicate several hours analyzing the same youtube video for the same microscopic details.

Then again, I run across a lot pairings that are abusive, unlikely, and or completely ridiculous and celebrated for it. Is this for the same reason people are obsessed with death in literature despite not wanting it on themselves?

Then I thought shipping was essentially placing bets on who would end up together in the end, however that makes even less sense;

In the presence of any possible romantic interest, one of them usually either dies (fire always involved) or ends up suffering immensely in the Sonic Games. This carries over to a lot of the platonic relationships aswell. Yet the Sonic community has the most varied number of shippers I have ever seen in a fandom.

If the DC and Marvel comic franchises are anything to go on, even when happiness is finally found, writers hate keep it that way. They must be parted by tragic events predetermined.

I guess fans just like to run with things that are implied and unlikely rather than the safe and certain. After all, where is the sport in pairing actual homosexual characters with each other?

I think someone's taking this a bit too seriously.

Some folk, like myself, don't relate it with death or unhappiness or anything like that. We just like certain things, however sensible or unsensible they are. That's all there is to it.

Besides, not everyone wants shipping to happen in the games, nor do we really expect it to happen. (Read: me.)

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I think someone's taking this a bit too seriously.

Some folk, like myself, don't relate it with death or unhappiness or anything like that. We just like certain things, however sensible or unsensible they are. That's all there is to it.

Besides, not everyone wants shipping to happen in the games, nor do we really expect it to happen. (Read: me.)

Typing multiple single space pages about how two fictional characters are meant for each other is not too serious, but asking why people do this is? I’m thoroughly confused. Then again not taking this seriously is probably the best way to treat pairings.

I make the comparison to fictional Death because it’s a frequently used plot device that creates drama and interests people. It draws attention and the events leading up to it creates tension and thus brings an artificialhigh. Is this a Freudian wish fulfillment in motion and most people secretly want to die? I don't think so, most will say no, but many people have their own explanations as to why death interests people.

Then there is the curious interest in abusive or tragic relationships, criminals, bad boys, etc.

Is this a Freudian wish fulfillment in motion and some people secretly want these things in their lives? Again, many have their own explanations.

Typing multiple single space pages about how two fictional characters are meant for each other is not too serious, but asking why people do this is? I’m thoroughly confused. Then again not taking this seriously is probably the best way to treat pairings.

I'll admit I was referring more to myself when I mentioned that not everyone takes pairings too seriously. In fact, my own interest towards crack pairings is more often than not because of how mind-bogglingly ridiculous they are (well, that and the previously established part about the "common" ones not interesting me). But even then, I don't expect nor want them to happen for real, because obviously that kind of stuff doesn't work well.

While many people do treat fictional pairings as serious business, there's just as many who realise it's silly and embrace it. Maybe. Sort of.

They want the romanticized version of it.

That and they live their fantasies in other characters.

Really shipping is just having fun playing matchmaker for two characters who you feel have a lot chemistry, they don't necessarily have to be in love, just have enough in common and interactions to go on something, its completely innocent, except when it gets bloody.

That and they live their fantasies in other characters.

Really shipping is just having fun playing matchmaker for two characters who you feel have a lot chemistry, they don't necessarily have to be in love, just have enough in common and interactions to go on something, its completely innocent, except when it gets bloody.

Yes, exactly. That's how it always was to me.

Yes, exactly. That's how it always was to me.

To bad people take it a lot more seriously than they should.

To bad people take it a lot more seriously than they should.

Indeed. All those SonicXAmy VS ShadowXAmy and ShadowXRouge VS KnucklesXRouge wars are irritating.

...Perhaps that's yet another reason why I go with crack pairings. Because there's less chance you get serious business wars on pairings that make no sense. :lol:

I dunno. SonAmy for games SonSal for comics. Then there are the secondary character pairings but tt feels kind of silly listing off Sonic pairings. Though not as bad as Naruto where people send death threats.

But I might as well. Uhm. Bunnie and Antoine Mina and Ash. I like those. I even kind of liked the dynamic Fiona and Scourge had for a little while because of how messed it was. And it just amused me that when Scourge got captured, Fiona got the hell out of dodge and doesn't even seem to miss him. Kind of a psychotic romance built out of similar interests than actual love.

I roll my eyes at the love triangle because I thought that was stupid unnecessary drama. A drama which returned on not so offensive of a scale but still there, when Ken and Sally started to get a thing for each other. It just annoyed me, I didn't think it was needed. Especially since right after that arc Sonic and Sally rubber-banded back together quicker than you can say "red string of fate" Please Archie no more romantic side plots for Sonic or Sally. They love each other they're gonna get married. End of story.

As far as crack goes. I've gotten this weird liking for Amy Rose and Bean the Dynamite. I have no idea. I have no idea...

Edited by Dejablue

I dunno. SonAmy for games SonSal for comics. Then there are the secondary character pairings but tt feels kind of silly listing off Sonic pairings. Though not as bad as Naruto where people send death threats.

...Aren't Sonic pairings silly anyways?

I roll my eyes at the love triangle because I thought that was stupid unnecessary drama. A drama which returned on not so offensive of a scale but still there, when Ken and Sally started to get a thing for each other. It just annoyed me, I didn't think it was needed. Especially since right after that arc Sonic and Sally rubber-banded back together quicker than you can say "red string of fate" Please Archie no more romantic side plots for Sonic or Sally. They love each other they're gonna get married. End of story.

As far as crack goes. I've gotten this weird liking for Amy Rose and Bean the Dynamite. I have no idea. I have no idea...

Silly deja the comics will shove Sonally down our throats whether we like it or not. Best examples being issues #222 and #225 respectively.

If they characters are meant to be in love in the first place then its not shoving anything down our throats. Its the natural course of events. That's just a long winded way of saying "I don't like Sonsal eeewwww" Best way to fix that is to not read the comics. But you must like reading it anyway otherwise you wouldn't even know about those issues.

Edited by Dejablue

If they characters are meant to be in love in the first place then its not shoving anything down our throats. Its the natural course of events. That's just a long winded way of saying "I don't like Sonsal eeewwww" Best way to fix that is to not read the comics. But you must like reading it anyway otherwise you wouldn't even know about those issues.

Exactly, its obvious that they're going to get back together, so why is it that it needs an entire issue dedicated to that fact. Just because a couple are in love doesn't mean that almost every scene with them has to be dedicated to that fact, I have nothing against Sonally, I only hate it when I feel its taking over the premise of the comic, which is kind does at times.

None. There should be no romance in Sonic games, this isn't Mass Effect. Action > Romance.

This is the first time I think I've agreed with you on something Sonic related.

Sonic doesn't need romance. Leave it to the fan fics to handle all the mushy stuff and let Sega focus on gameplay. Sonic isn't a very story based series anyway, so why the fuck should Sonic have a lover. I'm fine with the whole Amy having a crush thing but if the two start going out it won't feel right to me. Besides, wouldn't that kind of just RUIN the whole Sonamy relationship thing?

Oops I edited my post. Look above.

Yeah they are silly but I've never seen a war over them.

You clearly are not a regular visitor to the Sega forums.

This is the first time I think I've agreed with you on something Sonic related.

Sonic doesn't need romance. Leave it to the fan fics to handle all the mushy stuff and let Sega focus on gameplay. Sonic isn't a very story based series anyway, so why the fuck should Sonic have a lover. I'm fine with the whole Amy having a crush thing but if the two start going out it won't feel right to me. Besides, wouldn't that kind of just RUIN the whole Sonamy relationship thing?

You clearly are not a regular visitor to the Sega forums.

No one was ever saying they should go out, so....what's the point of this post?

No one was ever saying they should go out, so....what's the point of this post?

It was sort of a response to the people out there who want Sonic and Amy/ Whatever couple to officially go out. I've ecountered them before, and I doubt there are many here, but there's probably a few.

*sigh* The majority of people here do not want to see romance happen in the actual games, barring a few teases like we get already. This discussion is all for fun. Stop with the strawmans.

Sonic isn't a very story based series anyway, so why the fuck should Sonic have a lover.
Yeah! And why have any relationships while we're at it. Sonic doesn't need friends or rivals either! Hell, we don't even need a story at all. Just plop me in a level with no context controlling a character with no character for no apparent reason.

I'm fine with the whole Amy having a crush thing but if the two start going out it won't feel right to me. Besides, wouldn't that kind of just RUIN the whole Sonamy relationship thing?
What do you mean, "ruin"? It'd change it, certainly, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'd become worse.

@Post #18: Diogenes, I didn't count your post in this summary because I couldn't decide if you were supporting the four couples you mentioned or were just commenting on them. Tell me if I should have included your post.

It was sort of a response to the people out there who want Sonic and Amy/ Whatever couple to officially go out. I've ecountered them before, and I doubt there are many here, but there's probably a few.

Sonic & Amy wouldn't really ruin anything unless it was written badly, So I fail to see that just being together ruins the characters.

Unknownlight: You can leave me out. I was just musing about what could work, and like I said, I don't make pairings where they don't already exist.