Awoo.

What are your favorite Sonic couples?

Unknown User

I'm not denying Shadow & Rouge aren't close, just I've never seen any romantic subtext between the two, at all. So I'm lead to assume the whole idea of the pairing is the "Dark & Mysterious" aspect to it. I mean honestly, Shadow is too broken, and I doubt Rouge would spend her time trying to fix him.

I don't care about pairings, definitely wouldn't want Sonic and Amy to get together.

However, if you believe the theory that Silver is Sonic's descendant then he must have kids at some point. Don't know who with though.

Blaze is a bit weird as there's a bit of chemistry between them in 06......it all gets a bit "back to the future" :P

I want to know who invented the "Silver is Sonic's descendant" theory.

So that I may proceed to throw shoes at them.

I want to know who invented the "Silver is Sonic's descendant" theory.

So that I may proceed to throw shoes at them.

Considering Amy is the only female hedgehog we know, and Sonic & Shadow are the only male hedegehogs we know, it was bound to happen.

Sonic and Amy getting together is kind of like killing off Robotnik. Yeah, it solves a problem, but it kinda undermines the whole point of why such things haven't happened in the first place (that point being continuity of the series).

Just as Robotnik's the white whale that Sonic and Co. will never really catch once and for all, Sonic is the white whale that Amy will never really catch once and for all.

• Thumbs Up 6

Not that the fans give a shit about stuff like that, go post that on the Sega Forums and see how long before the "Anti-Amy hate Brigade" jumps down your throat.

In any case, I notice the most popular pairings tend to be the ones with the least amount of chemistry; Sonic/Amy(at least towards the games), Shadow/Rouge, Tails/Cream, Silver/Blaze huh, it's funny how a fandom twists things most of the time.

To this day I still don't understand Tails and Cream. They barely interact with each other. And yet for some reason fans seem to think that they are perfect for each other.

I like Sonic/Blaze because they have actual chemistry.

It's too bad it probably wouldn't happen because Sonic is either gay or very very oblivious to every pass every woman has made at him.

Do cargo ships count?

I say this because... Sonic x Chili Dogs is totally my OTP. it's totally canon, too...

My favorite fan preferred couple is sonic and Amy.

But my favorite official couple is Sonic and Chilidogs.

Do cargo ships count?

I say this because... Sonic x Chili Dogs is totally my OTP. it's totally canon, too...

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 7

Sonic and Amy getting together is kind of like killing off Robotnik. Yeah, it solves a problem, but it kinda undermines the whole point of why such things haven't happened in the first place (that point being continuity of the series).

Just as Robotnik's the white whale that Sonic and Co. will never really catch once and for all, Sonic is the white whale that Amy will never really catch once and for all.

The only couple I support is Knuckles x Rouge. It only makes sense, because they did have a little thing going on in Adventure 2 that got abandoned for some reason...

The only couple I support is Knuckles x Rouge. It only makes sense, because they did have a little thing going on in Adventure 2 that got abandoned for some reason...

Edited by NightwingFox

Ha ha, "sense".

All Sonic pairings are crazy. They're just different types of crazy.

Boring. Why can't we do a thing and then move on with the consequences of it?
Edited by Dr. Crusher

Because it would inevitably turn into Sonic the Soap Opera. And Archie already has a bad reputation for that.

Ha ha, "sense".

All Sonic pairings are crazy. They're just different types of crazy.

Because it would inevitably turn into Sonic the Soap Opera. And Archie already has a bad reputation for that.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't see a reason why the two can't develop a friendship at the very least, I mean I'm not asking for Sonic to get down on one knee and start proposing, but I don't see any harm in actually forming a bond between the two so that's Amy one sided crush isn't so damn shallow.

Hell, Knuckles/Rouge get all the teasing in the world, and the bulk of their relationship is bickering with each other, as well as Sonic/Blaze in the Rush series, implied romantic subtext without actually pairing the characters, I don't see why this can not be done with Sonic & Amy. And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be like Archie where it consumes the plot and characters.

Here's an idea, maybe Amy finally realizes that Sonic just isn't ready to settle down just yet, obviously she's gonna wait for him but she'll try actually being friends with the guy first, and actually try to help him out when he needs it. Sonic realizes how useful and friendly she is when she isn't acting like a lovesick fangirl, and the two gradually become closer,all without forgetting about Amy's crush on him, and it can at least be implied Sonic likes her back. There, see how simple that is.

That's how I figure it'd work too. My main reason for this being how reasonable Amy can be when she's trying to talk sense into people. Hell, look at how she got through to Gamma and Shadow. One being a robot while the other was a nigh homicidal maniac bent on revenge and destruction. And she got through to them by simply reasoning with them.

Secondly, I think that dynamic would also work well as Amy has proven that she will not take any shit from Sonic. She chased after him with her hammer after he forgot/was late for their date in SatBK, and she also did the same after he accidentally blew her away in Sonic Riders. Maybe it's the region I grew up in, but I've seen and known girls who would worship the ground their crush walked on even if the latter was treating them like dirt. Amy seems to have clarity enough to avoid that.

I always found it rather charming that Game Sonic agreed to a date with Amy before the events in SatBK. Maybe too headcanon-y but In HD Unleashed, Amy actually asks Sonic outside Pickle's Shamar lab if he wants to do something fun on a date when he gets back from putting the world back together. One of Sonic's answers can be "That could be fun!" and she's elated and wants him to get back from doing what he's gotta do ASAP so they can go out together. I perceived this "date" that Sonic agreed to in Unleashed to be the same one as the one mentioned in SatBK and lending more credence to the notion is the fact that SatBK seems to chronologically come after the events of Unleashed.

Edited by Vertekins

Yes because any kind of romantic interaction will immediately and unavoidably bloat up and consume everything around it.

That's dumb dude, don't be dumb.

I didn't say that was my own judgement. I predict it's one a lot of fans would think, for better or worse.

I'm completely indifferent to SonicXAmy (I'm admittedly more of a Blaze person), so they can do whatever... just don't make Amy annoying about it.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I don't see a reason why the two can't develop a friendship at the very least, I mean I'm not asking for Sonic to get down on one knee and start proposing, but I don't see any harm in actually forming a bond between the two so that's Amy one sided crush isn't so damn shallow.

Hell, Knuckles/Rouge get all the teasing in the world, and the bulk of their relationship is bickering with each other, as well as Sonic/Blaze in the Rush series, implied romantic subtext without actually pairing the characters, I don't see why this can not be done with Sonic & Amy. And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be like Archie where it consumes the plot and characters.

Here's an idea, maybe Amy finally realizes that Sonic just isn't ready to settle down just yet, obviously she's gonna wait for him but she'll try actually being friends with the guy first, and actually try to help him out when he needs it. Sonic realizes how useful and friendly she is when she isn't acting like a lovesick fangirl, and the two gradually become closer,all without forgetting about Amy's crush on him, and it can at least be implied Sonic likes her back. There, see how simple that is.

That makes more sense to me than all-out romance between the two, for the exact reason that Sonic's not the kind of guy to settle down like that.