Awoo.

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded

Badnik Mechanic

Activision today has finally confirmed the long rumoured GoldenEye 007: Reloaded for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

The game is pretty much the same game that was released way back on the N64 and more recently the Wii... However it now has a few extra features.

Playstation Move support (PS3 only... obviously).

MI6 Ops mode: This is a series of challenges/objectives which focus on Assault, Stealth, Defense and Elimination objectives (soulds like CODS Covert ops mode).

60 fps engine.

4 player split screen is back, as well as the usual online play.

Also Activision now promises to include "more maps, weapons, characters and game modes than ever before."

Official website.

Source

I'm looking at this and I'm thinking to myself "is there any reason for this to be on 360/PS3 when they already have Call of Duty?" Heck even the Wii had Call of Duty too. If there's something I'm missing please inform me, but from videoes I've seen of the multiplayer, it's Call of Duty with a Bond overlay. Well I guess if you want to give money to Activision for two Call of Duties this year go for it. Me, I'm just going to pass on this like I did with the Wii version, and wait for a port of the real Goldeneye.

I'm looking at this and I'm thinking to myself "is there any reason for this to be on 360/PS3 when they already have Call of Duty?" Heck even the Wii had Call of Duty too. If there's something I'm missing please inform me, but from videoes I've seen of the multiplayer, it's Call of Duty with a Bond overlay. Well I guess if you want to give money to Activision for two Call of Duties this year go for it. Me, I'm just going to pass on this like I did with the Wii version, and wait for a port of the real Goldeneye.

If the XBLA HD remake mess is an indicator of anything, chances are, it's never gonna happen.

Since I haven't got the Wii version yet, I'll just pick this up instead. ^_^

I've always heard the Wii's CoD games were inferior to the PS360 versions....and GoldenEye 007's game and IW engine was based on Dead Space: Extraction....but of course I haven't played the game (or have a CoD game, and only tried CoD4 a few times), and I can't find my copy of the original game.....

If the XBLA HD remake mess is an indicator of anything, chances are, it's never gonna happen.

Don't you mean port? I heard that a port was in development for XBLA, but was scrapped because "Microsoft and Nintendo couldn't agree on the financial side of things." Honestly, I would just declare "SCREW COPYRIGHT BS," just port it to both Wii VC and XBLA, and have Microsoft and Nintendo share the profits. Everyone wins.

Then I'll wait forever.

Good luck.

Edited by Yeow95

Actually, regarding that HD port of the original, don't write it off just yet. ;)

The reason Activision released the latest GoldenEye 007, a complete remake starring Daniel Craig instead of Pierce Brosnan, as an exclusive for the Nintendo Wii last year was because of an awfully complicated mess of legal issues involving Danjaq (the licence holders of the James Bond 007 franchise), Rare (makers of the original GoldenEye 007, on Nintendo64) and Nintendo themselves. Part of the legal deadlock was Nintendo claiming that anything related to GoldenEye 007, videogame-wise, belonged to them and could never be released on a rival system, like those belonging to Sony or Microsoft. Seems stupid, as the original videogame itself was an interactive copy of the film, using the film's cast and script and locations and gunbarrel and everything.

As soon as Activision gained the rights to the James Bond franchise, wrestled from EA Games back in 2006/2007, they set about trying to release the HD port of GoldenEye 007, then planned over Xbox Live! and eventually the PlayStation Network. Alas, they hit a legal brick wall, with Nintendo raging about them owning bits of GoldenEye 007, and bringing Rare along for the ride. Last year, the updated version was only released on the Wii (and a Nintendo DS version sold quite well, too) because of this.

So now, looking at GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, one would think the legal battles have been solved. This is essentially Sony and Microsoft winning the struggle to get one of the most, if not THE most, iconic videogames of all time on their consoles.

Which means the completed HD port is knocking around somewhere... now free of court. ;)

And I'll call it now, just in case miracles do happen: a Blu-Ray disc would be big enough for both versions. That's all I'm saying.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the topic resurrection and the double-post, but sexy box art is sexy.

Ah Activision, why pay for someones likeness when we can just black out Bond?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah Activision, why pay for someones likeness when we can just black out Bond?

It isn't even Daniel Craig. Look closely. wink.gif

That said, I love the pose, and the whole effect in general, so...! happy.gif

Y'know that 'best game ever is being remade' schitck from the other topic with a similar name to what I just wrote?

...Sounds a lot like this could be it.

Apologies for the topic resurrection and the double-post, but sexy box art is sexy.

reloaded_ps3_500_early.jpg

DAT BOXART. :D IT LOOKS AWESOME!

wait so was i the only person who played the wii-make

because it was fun as hell, definitely a worthy update to the original, brought me enough nostalgia while bringing something fresh. probably not going to pick this up, but HD graphics are a nice touch. if this was a downloadable though, i'd definitely pick it up.

still i recommend you guys go ahead and try this, if you loved the original.