Awoo.

Your thoughts on Sonic's English VAs

T-Min

If Sonic was like 20 something, Ryan is the voice I'd imagine he would have.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Ryan Drummond's work, yes, most of his lines are quite hammy/cheesy, but he really gave Sonic attitude.

Jason Griffith wasn't so good when he started out, but he really improved as time went on. His voice work in Sonic Unleashed was fantastic.

As for the new guy, well, I have Sonic Colors for DS, so his voice is heard occasionally, but I'd have to say from what we do hear, he is very good.

I honestly can't say which voice actor is better. None of them are worse than the other, and none of them are better than the other.

Ryan Drummond was a brilliant VA for Sonic. Fitted the character perfectly. Shame he got dropped for monotone below.

Jason Griffith...Like Yahtzee, always result to changing the voices to Japanese to avoid strangling myself. Monotone, sounded stupid, voice didn't always change tone to the situation.

Strangely enough, in the first ep of Sonic X, he wasn't terrible, he sounded decent except just got worse over time.

Roger Craig Smith does a pretty good as well. Can't decide which is better, him or Ryan. Had the best lines for a Sonic game. Especially in colours.

Edited by bl4ckened-ang3l