Awoo.

Character costume redesigns

Milo

Based on a thread from the Sega forums.

You think we need any redesigns for Sonic characters? Ideas and images can also be submitted as well.

Edited by Zinos

I don't think any character needs a design tweak. They all have a finely tweaked design that isn't over-complicated or too simple to the point that it detracts from them.

Except maybe Excalibur-Sonic. The cape coming out of his rear end looks awkward...

I don't think any character needs a design tweak. They all have a finely tweaked design that isn't over-complicated or too simple to the point that it detracts from them.

Except maybe Excalibur-Sonic. The cape coming out of his rear end looks awkward...

Really? It does? LOL Pic of Excaliber Sonic please.

Edited by Ananze

Rouge DOESN'T need a shirt.

I wouldn't mind the characters wearing some of their alternate costumes from other games in main series games. (Like Sonic's Soap shoes, Riders shoes & gloves, or SA light speed shoes)

Edited by Omnis Kai Invictus
  • Thumbs Up 5

I wish Knuckles had a kewl hat like he did in the OVA movie...That's just me though.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't think we need any redesigns, but I'm not necessarily opposed to them.

I may sketch up some ideas later, but for now I'll just say this: make Amy's skirt less stiff, and make Blaze's ponytail more like a wisp of flame rather than the stiff...whatever the hell they were going for with that.

I'd like Tails with goggles and maybe brown gloves. Tails with goggles = awesome.

I made an older version of Amy for a sprite comic I was going to do, but got to lazy to do:

OlderAmy.png

Edit: Oh yeah, I edited this out of an old Rittz sprite.

I tried adding stuff rom the classic design. So her shirt is green with an orange stripe at the bottom to show the skirt. The shoes are her modern shoes with the color of the classic shoe and the stripe is orange like her classic shoe laces. The shape of the clothes would be like her Riders clothes:

96px-Amy_Rose_in_Sonic_Riders.png

Edited by Marcellof
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Big the Cat.

He needs to be a purple Knuckles (but still a cat)with more muscles and without the spikes.

It would make him more intimidating and interesting.

Most of the characters really don't need any redesign since they are quite simple yet very practical. However the ones that can bring variety in terms of visual design IMO are the girls, especially Amy, by just making some tweaks in their clothing without having to really alter their body designs. Personally I'd like to see Amy in a dress like this one as well as getting rid of the rings and replace them with a more subtle hint of what those represent by instead giving her a full red headband that represents the unmei no akai ito (red string of fate).

redesign_sketch_2_by_smsskullleader-d39orjx.jpg

Rouge needs a shirt.

Baron Grackle?... also INB4 E-25. XP

• Thumbs Up 9

Sally Acorn. She needs shirt and pants, or something besides that vest. It's really weird seeing all the other female characters, and they're wearing some sort of clothing. Then you see Sally, who's female, but she's not wearing clothes (vest doesn't count!)

Other than that, I really don't think any characters need redesigns. It would just give the fanbase ANOTHER reason to complain, and we don't need any more complaints.

Sonic games should have an item shop and a dressing room where you add as many accessories as you want to the characters.

I'm kidding, but holy crap would that be both an awful idea AND a great way to make some hilarious looking characters.

Big in Amy's tutu, Eggman in nothing but rollerskates, Sonic wearing a hat, sunglasses, no gloves, Knuckles shoes and Big's belt.

• Thumbs Up 5

I kind of wish that the characters with clothes would change their outfits more often. I like the Riders outfits a lot, and it was sort of nice to see Rouge wearing something different in Heroes, even if the rest of her design was way off for some reason. More of that kind of thing would be nice.

If any character were to get a permanent design change, I think Amy's the best candidate. I don't really have a problem with her current appearance like some people do; it's just that she wears so much red. It really doesn't complement her natural pinkness and it makes her look more like she's wearing a costume than regular clothes. Besides, she should really have some blue in there for obvious reasons. An outfit with a few more bits to it (even just a dress with a scarf or a jacket on top of it would do) and coloured in soft greens and blues instead of obnoxious fire engine red would probably do her a lot of good. She's already the character who's gone through the most radical redesign in the series aside from maybe Vector, so I guess there's some precedent for giving her huge makeovers.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm kidding, but holy crap would that be both an awful idea AND a great way to make some hilarious looking characters.
  • Thumbs Up 4

I guess I wouldn't mind if you could unlock alternate costumes for the respective characters in the game, (e.g. unlocked after finishing the game or 100%). But I really don't mind the characters the way they are, and I don't really detest Sonic Team's decisions on character design either.

All Sally needs to do is to button up her vest.

But quite frankly, she needs thigh-high boots. That'll bring her a Japanese fanbase.

• Thumbs Up 2

I made a bad edit to show what I mean with Amy a bit better:

OlderAmyArt.png

And Tails..

OlderTailsArchie.png

Minus the scarf, the belt and boots. Maybe make the red of his shoes slightly darker to fit more with the brown.

Edited by Marcellof
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always imagined Tails with a cute little backpack and goggles

I'd love it if Amy would throw a little blue into her wardrobe for obvious reasons.

Cream would look nice in a little schoolgirl outfit

Big needs a fishing hat

Espio should have a tattered ninja scarf

Knuckles needs his hat back (i'd forgive everything if Classic Knuckles had it)

Edited by Cero

Any costume redesigns for Elise out there? I mean, she’s the princess of a fantasy location inspired by one of the biggest cultural hotspots of the world. I'd imagine there's a lot you could do with that

bluemasks.jpgclassic.jpg

----

I'm still trying to figure out the visual difference between a sick girl and a loli/old woman/crack addict.

mariablue.jpg

Edited by Vantoggle

I think SEGA should make Big look more like Bagpuss:

Big_the_cat_by_rngdhedgehog.jpg

And Froggy should look like a gay Frenchman:

11299_3.jpg

Edited by Psychobob’s Ghost
  • Thumbs Up 8