Awoo.

Character costume redesigns

Milo

There's meaning behind Amy's clothes??

*opens mouth to say something* I dunno.

But I think there's meaning behind Rouge's clothes... :P

Well, red is the colour of passion, and Amy certainly is passionate.

And stripes going lengthways are often seen on vehicles, aka their racing stripes, thus alluding Amy's character to speed (aka Sonic).

And I've got nothing.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Well, red is the colour of passion, and Amy certainly is passionate.

And stripes going lengthways are often seen on vehicles, aka their racing stripes, thus alluding Amy's character to speed (aka Sonic).

And I've got nothing.

You forgot the rings, which are part of her outfit and just like the red headband is a reference to the red string of fate, those two also hint at a very similar goal. Also the white stripes not only like you've said are featured in racing cars (and Millia's VF-1J & VF-22S XP) but also the kind of remind of christmas when combined with the red of her dress, which makes sense considering that Sonic seems to come from a place called Chritstmas Island. Also sotice how in her boots the line runs vertically while on Sonic's shoes the line runs horizontally.

I honestly think they look fine now the way that they do. I guess a small change in Amy might be pretty good if it's done right, but I don't really think it needs to be done or anything. I actually liked the way they made Tails look when he was a Blacksmith in Black Knight, I think it'd be pretty cool to throw that in there when you see Tails in his workshop or something, maybe in a bit more of a modern look, but other than that, I think the characters look fine.

As long as they don't go in the same direction as they did for Eggman in Sonic 2006, I think I'll be fine.

That's a lot of insight but there's no way of knowing what the designers were thinking when they created her dress.

That's a lot of insight but there's no way of knowing what the designers were thinking when they created her dress.

Well, the designer of her modern look (Uekawa) certainly was not going for random ideas considering that there is not a single aspect of her overall design that seems out of place, let alone when she's the one that has the more attention put on them. Anyway to get back on topic I personally think that while she can get a redesign, there are key features (like the headband) that should always be included.

It sort of bothers me the males don't wear clothing, but I guess it's because seeing Sonic basically naked beside Amy who's fully clothed feels a bit awkward. For one, I could easily see Vector wearing a leather jacket of some sorts, it would fit those strange pads on his shoulders well. Although some of the other male characters...I can't really think of anything.

I'm guessing it was more like, "Sonic and Tails have red shoes. Amy should also wear red."

Don't forget that Knuckles himself is red.

Don't forget that Knuckles himself is red.

Probably. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Shadow, Gamma and Omega all use red as their primary or secondary colour. It's definitely the most commonly used.

There is one this I'd change about Espio though. Much as I love his design, his purple shoes irk me. Too purple going on with him. His shoes should be a dark green instead, like they were in his classic design.

This. In fact I'd change a few things about the Chaotix. Vector's chain, for example, I really dislike. I don't see why Charmy needs a jacket really, but it's not that bothersome.

Something temporary would be cool, like Sonic's soap shoes in Sa2, Rouge's outfit in Sonic Heroes, but reoccurring things no.

Personally, maybe it would be nice if Amy and Cream can be given some pants to stop the panties shots...>_>

People bother too much about the up-skirt shots, the lads get up-ass shots just as much.

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 1

People bother too much about the upskirt shots, the lads get up-ass shots just as much.

It get's worse when the tails they have in certain angles look like something else. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

It get's worse when the tails they have in certain angles look like something else. XP

I had myself thinking that about Knuckles in Sonic free riders, his tail is really off-model, I'm talking in gameplay, in the renders it's normal.

Edited by Mysterics

Edited by Zinos

BTW, why do people say that Amy has a tutu? Both of her designs have skirts, I believe.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw her original artwork, and yeah she wears a tutu.

And I've thought that some sort of black secret agent thing could also work for Rouge. Sorta like the outfit for Dr. Doofenshmirtz's daughter Vanessa from Phineas and Ferb.

Edited by Zinos

Red is the color of Goes Fast.

That's why Eggman can outrun Sonic. He has more Goes Fast.

• Thumbs Up 1

OH HEY, I SEE YOU'VE BECOME A FAN OF ME YEOW95.

REMEMBER ME FROM TEH FORUMS?!

Anyways, anyone have some old Metalshadow6 pics?

I deleted my deviant art account and I had some pretty legit alternate costumes.

Don't bother looking through google.

I think Sonic needs to change his shoes more often. He looks much better in any of his shoes other than these Santa-coloured Jackson-inspired shoe wannabes that he probably crafted himself when he was little.

Also

Sonic_Rivals-PSPArtwork1516Sonic_Tux--article_image.jpg

I often think it would be awesome if Sonic wears Scourges outfit or something similer. Maybe in the red colour Scourge had before he turned green :P

I think it would be a nice change, but just for one game though. After that we need normao Sonic back :)

OH HEY, I SEE YOU'VE BECOME A FAN OF ME YEOW95.

REMEMBER ME FROM TEH FORUMS?!

Anyways, anyone have some old Metalshadow6 pics?

I deleted my deviant art account and I had some pretty legit alternate costumes.

Don't bother looking through google.

Double Posting like a boss.

Anyways, anyone have screen caps or saved any images of my costume redesigns?? I remember putting them up the Sega forums. (Even though the site was hacked a month ago, shouldn't it be back up by now?)

Anyone have screen caps or saved it?

Double Posting like a boss.

Anyways, anyone have screen caps or saved any images of my costume redesigns?? I remember putting them up the Sega forums. (Even though the site was hacked a month ago, shouldn't it be back up by now?)

Anyone have screen caps or saved it?

Sorry, I don't have any. Don't you have any on your PC?