Awoo.

Character costume redesigns

Milo

Sorry, I don't have any. Don't you have any on your PC?

No, I deleted them to get rid of a horrible memory, and I burned the pieces of work to ashes and burned those ashes till there was nothing left.

So there's nothing left of them really.

I also deleted my "Metalshadow6" deviant art account.

So, I got rid of those horribly drawn furry pictures, sonic praising, Sonic Movie poster, everything man. I feel relieved that I did. At night I would hear those drawings call out to me. It was horrible.

I don't think any characters need to be redesigned in any way... Wait... Nevermind, Rouge... I don't really care that much, but I'd be nice for her cleavage to not show everywhere...

Also, I've always found it kind of epic when Sonic characters have some sort of alternate costumes, like in SA2/Riders/Rivals series... Something simple where there shoes/gloves are changed, with some extra accessories...

Amy could get pants.

Rouge could wear a different outfit in each game.

I think that's all.

Edited by Ananze

Because Rouge and Amy are....

..... I don't know, they're outfits are just very basic.

The only non-clothed character that I'd feel comfortable with gaining new clothes would probably be Shadow. His original voice actor and his brand new one both come across as rather pompous, and I could see him wearing some sort of fancy red getup. But its still probably for the best if none of the character's clothes or lack therof change.

Though I wouldn't object to getting rid of Amy's skirt and replacing it with something that DOESN'T let me see her fucking underwear every ten seconds.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Overdone designs are one of the things I don't like about most fancharacters.

With the exception of one or two, most Sonic characters have very streamlined and simplistic designs, both the characters' looks themselves and their clothes. Having overly detailed jackets or whatever else, for me personally, make them stop looking like Sonic characters and more like Final Fantasy characters anthropomorphised into looking like Sonic characters.

Or something along those lines.

Overdone designs are one of the things I don't like about most fancharacters.

Pretty ,uch the reason why I would not like to see the male characters dressed since it would pretty much take away what makes them special and leaves a very mundane, fan-made looking one. (tough I'm OK with accesories, like the hat & shades Knuckles had in the OVA which gave him a level up in badassery)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Amy would look good in hot pink and black.

Black being the main and hot pink being the secondary color.

Edited by Ishtar

I wouldn't mind having changeable costumes in games if they had an RPG element where they would boost your stats. And if you don't like how they look, you could just simply hide them and retain the stats.

While black does get along with the color pink, the main problem, as stated by Dr. Crusher, is that it really does not match with her personality.

I wouldn't mind having changeable costumes in games if they had an RPG element where they would boost your stats. And if you don't like how they look, you could just simply hide them and retain the stats.

Actually this idea was kind of explored in the Adventure games, tough in some cases it made the characters look visually two heavy (like Knuckles or Sonic with all those add-on in SA2) while others can look quite good (Amy with the warrior feather almost looked like a valkyrie) or just plain funny (Big with the lifesaver in SA1 IIRC)

@ the person who said Black and Pink.

White and Pink broskii.

Very brought colors that represent a very bright soul.

(Yuck I can't believe I said taht. xD)

In Japan, black is the color of mystery and night. Many Japanese traditions associate black with femininity and the female nature. Some see the female nature as a threat, a potentially evil power, while others see it as alluring and provocative.

Pink, on the other hand, is the color of childish innocence, of purity and youth. However, the pink blossoms of the cherry tree also represent the Japanese warriors who fell in battle right at the prime of their lives.

Interesting. Innocence and femininity, huh? Sounds like Amy to me. Unless I'm not looking at this right..

Edited by Ishtar

Not everything has to be based off Japanese culture.

True.

You know what? Red IS the right color for Amy. Considering that it's the color of "lust, passion, and love." :P

White(her stripes) being "purity"

and pink being "cuteness"

Edited by Ishtar

I have to agree with that. Not much else to say.

And another reason why she doesn't need any black on her:

Some see the female nature as a threat, a potentially evil power, while others see it as alluring and provocative.

Instead of saying "*COUGHrougeCOUGH*, I'll say that it probably wouldn't fit her character.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest

I don't know... many a fanart and often subsequent ShadowXAmy fanfic has swayed me from thinking highly of Amy in black. Maybe it's because said fanart and fanfiction act as if she's suddenly turned into a goth. *shrug*

I think a Sonic character with a gothic stereotype would be really out of place of the game/franchise. >_>

Because Rouge and Amy are....

..... I don't know, they're outfits are just very basic.

Huh, IMO I hadn't seen any outfits like Rouge's when I saw hers for the first time.

Edited by Ananze

I think a Sonic character with a gothic stereotype would be really out of place of the game/franchise. >_>

I assume you're less versed with the 'perky goth' stereotype, then.

Huh, IMO I hadn't seen any outfits like Rouge's when I saw hers for the first time.

I'd like to say that Rouge's costume easily reminds me of Morrigans.

Amy would.. Actually, she doesn't remind me of anyone except Sakura (But she came out years after.)

Sonic: I'd hive him longer back spikes, up to the length o his hair, a longer tail, have the size of his backspikes, and red or black gloves.

But no, never in an official game storyline. Only if we have the ability to change it, as a skin or something. I really like spikes. :)

Silver: Same thing with Sonic, except for keep his white gloves.