Awoo.

Character costume redesigns

Milo

I personally like Amy's old clothing more than her new stuff. But I don't know how that would work with the modern design, which I think is okay.

I wouldn't mind if not for Sonic Team's constant need for pantie shots.

I'll be honest here, I prefer Amy's classic design. I dunno why...I just like it more.

I dont think any character is in serious need for costume redesign. But if I would have to choose someone it would be Amy but I am fine with her current design. Hmm... costume redesign for Silver would be cool if you ask me. Or Espio.

I think the characters are okay the way they are although it would be nice if they brought back some costumes like in the two player mode of SA2, where you have the option of switching on and off.

Retro had a similar topic to this a while ago, and some of the results were very interesting. Here's a collection of many of the redesigns posted:

phonm.jpg

• 1 month later...

Haha, my drawing is there, I remember that. A bit shameful as I wan't trying to redesign Sonic there, just draw Classic SEGASonic.

Now this...

sonic1copy.png

Would be more like it.

This is probably old old late late...but he has no buckles and his shoe soles look like thin pizza crust. RUINED FOREVER

@peopleconcernedaboutmytopicbumping Don't worry, hopefully this is the last one I bump for a while.

I think they should have alternate, optional costumes like in SA2 multiplayer mode. I think I prefer some of the costumes used in the spin-off games like the girls' track outfits in the riders series, or the dresses and tights worn in the Mario & Sonic series. I definitely prefer clothes on the female characters, since women generally spend more time with their appearance, but I would also like some outfits for the guys. As suggested, a leather vest for Vector would work nicely. Knuckles needs a fedora, ASAP. I actually like Rouge's Riders outfit, but I think it would be better sans the mid-drift. As for the rest, I think their outfits are fine, though I admit some fun outfits like pumpkin or elf hats would be a nice addition for the lulz.

Amy could have longer spines like she used to, but bunched into a ponytail of some sort.

I also think that Espio should drop the ninja garb, or at least make his shoes green again. In fact, I'd kind of like all the Team Chaotix members to have their 'shoulder pad' things again; it gave a neat template for reptile and insect characters. In fact, I kind of wish Vector just looked like a slightly updated version of his old design (with the new glovecuffs and shoes). He looked better slim and with his head and body seperated from being one mass. Also dat walkman.

• Thumbs Up 1

Her hands are pink in that picture.

It's also the same thing with Tails.

Her hands are pink in that picture.

Yeah, they're just all wearing gloves. They need to use those outfits, either for a M&S game, or another Riders games (most likely the latter.)

The jump suits look alright, if not over detailed. But ugh, I ahte seeing Sonic characters with fingerless gloves. It's one of those trying too hard to be cool things.

Yeah, they're just all wearing gloves. They need to use those outfits, either for a M&S game, or another Riders games (most likely the latter.)

I wouldn't mind if not for Sonic Team's constant need for pantie shots.

I'll be honest here, I prefer Amy's classic design. I dunno why...I just like it more.

But if I had to choose a re-design, it would probably be this. Even though it's a little overdone, and her eyes are WAY too stretched out. ___Amy_Rose___Love_PUNCH_by_crystalmew.jpg

She needs a bit more white and pink in her wardrobe I think. :0

Since Sonic characters are always drawn with stylized simplicity, a simplified suit is the must, so I drew this simplified version of the pink wardrobe you shared.

Except is red: http://www.soulharlequin15.deviantart.com/#/d4cdfle

• Thumbs Up 1

You certainly made that design look MUCH better. Amy can't wear all that pink, because she is pink, and then those small details clash with the simplicity of any Sonic character. It still don't think it's girly enough for Amy though, and she shouldn't be wearing so much black. What happened to he gold bracelets?

I'm pretty happy with the selection of different costumes Blaze has at the moment, thanks to her spin-off appearances. She's got her regular outfit, the Riders zip-up jacket outfit, the Olympic track suit, the winter version of her normal outfit, and now that Amy-like hoop skirt thing in the upcoming new Olympic game.

I miss Rouge's Heroes outfit quite a bit, it would be nice to see it show up in some fashion in the future.

Really liking Skull Leader's Amy redesign, a nice compromise between the classic and modern looks.

You certainly made that design look MUCH better. Amy can't wear all that pink, because she is pink, and then those small details clash with the simplicity of any Sonic character. It still don't think it's girly enough for Amy though, and she shouldn't be wearing so much black. What happened to he gold bracelets?

• 2 weeks later...

postmodernsonic-adecc7ce63.png

Ah! Nice attempt at giving Sonic a trollface! LOL

Sonic Riders concept art from Sonic News Network

Sonicriders58slugdrones.png

I've heard on the Sega Forums that the pic isn't really official concept art. Nevertheless, I like the current ones better a lot more.

I've heard on the Sega Forums that the pic isn't really official concept art. Nevertheless, I like the current ones better a lot more.

It came from an 20th Anniversary celebratory event at Joypolis I think. Pretty sure it's official concept art.