Awoo.

Character costume redesigns

Milo

The girls need to not always be wearing the same cloths for everything.

cgsunrise-review001.jpg

"Intriguing..."

I see what you did there. I bet the little crest is actually a character shield projector.

The jump suits look alright, if not over detailed. But ugh, I ahte seeing Sonic characters with fingerless gloves. It's one of those trying too hard to be cool things.

I agree, fingerless gloves are another fancharacter-overusing staple I'm usually not too fond of. They're a part of my "Overdone Designs = Rubbish" belief.

As I said before, aside from one or two logical exceptions, I prefer Sonic designs to be streamlined, be it their clothing or their actual body. Things like jackets with excess stripes and holes or having "normal hair" and "hedgehog/echidna/baboon hair" don't sit well with me. It's why whenever I think of clothes that would fit the guys, I try to keep it simple (eg: Tails would do well in a black shirt/blue jacket/blue trousers, but they wouldn't be jazzed up with star patterns or anything like that).

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think Shadow should wear a bandana

Big in Amy's tutu, Eggman in nothing but rollerskates.

Well that's put 'Rolling around at the speed of sound' in a different context

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the characters, but the ideas put forward here about Amy look good

Edited by iVYRAVE

I'm actually liking that pony tail idea near the top of the page. It's really adorable.

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Skull Leader That is some solid sketch work right there. You did an excellent job capturing Amy's form and the Sonic style. The costume and hair design really pop and capture her uppity nature. Simply adorable.

Edited by ChibiBug

• 5 weeks later...

I've very recently tried making a rough sketch of Eggman Nega in realistic style, with a few twists to make him look different from Eggman.

This is my Eggman '06 design:

robotnik.png

And this is Nega's:

eggmannega.jpg

So, what do you guys think?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually liking that pony tail idea near the top of the page. It's really adorable.

Same, Amy looks so much better with a ponytail. Not sure in the recent games she will ever get it due to her hair being short though.

I also like the fact that on the top, shes wearing like green. Its totally an "eye catcher" instead of red and pink all the time. To much of the similar color on her.

Same, Amy looks so much better with a ponytail. Not sure in the recent games she will ever get it due to her hair being short though.

I also like the fact that on the top, shes wearing like green. Its totally an "eye catcher" instead of red and pink all the time. To much of the similar color on her.

I agree, ^_^

I think I might be part of a minority, but I would love to see Amy in different clothes each game, that would reflect her "love for fashion" aspect of her hobbies and personal taste, not to mention with slightly different haircuts.

Amy's post-SA hairstyle has always looked a bit too echidna-like (by which I guess I mean too Knuckles-like) to me. I wouldn't mind seeing that change.

Red is the color of Goes Fast.

That's why Eggman can outrun Sonic. He has more Goes Fast.

Then Knuckles should be the fastest character in the franchise then, since he's completely red. With Amy second, since almost her entire outfit is red.

There was something I always really liked about the fact that OVA Knuckles had a cowboy hat, and his shoes were high-tops. Dunno what it was, but it was really appealing.

*Eggman and Nega 06-ish-styled pictures*

One thing Eggman does pretty consistently is pilot giant robots. Maybe he should wear the goggles in those circumstances, since he rarely tends to be doing anything science-y in his other appearances. Keep the goggles up for when he's being casual, and slide them on when he's at work. At the very least he has less of an issue with this than Eggman Nega, who's wearing shades and has a pair of slide-down goggles. I guess he just swaps them over.

I was thinking about that, yeah. That'd be really neat for him to put on his goggles for "work" (work being, "beating the crap out of Sonic" of course).

• 2 months later...

I knew it was here. So, uh, bump.

So, a recent status update popped up, and by the end, I had a new thought on what redesigns should be done; Just chop off Blaze's ponytail. Period.

What exactly is the purpose of it, design-wise. I could understand if there was a risk of her looking too gender ambidextrous without it, but she doesn't. Her face is arguably the most sleek and feminine of all the females, and gets across her gender fine even without the necessity of eyelashes, never mind hair. Is it to add balance to the character? Honestly, the tufts on the side of her head do a good enough job in that, and the added ponytail just makes her seem top-heavy. Plus, they're really stiff, so it only detracts from her movement. Perhaps it's there to convey her mysticism and royalty ties, but her clothing and head gem do fine in conveying that. Her design is fine without that feather-like structure on her head.

I was also going to say that Cream having a blue tie doesn't really fit into her overall colour scheme, but then I realised that it serves to break up the sheer volume of yellow-orange that otherwise would be the only colours on her, so I guess it has a good reason for being there.

• 4 months later...

Bump.

It would be pretty neat if Knuckles got his OVA hat and sunglasses back.

tumblr_m4lcivu6cb1qdtw9eo1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

Speaking of which, the way Knuckles' classic design has those cheeks look like he has acorns stuffed in there or something. It just looks really odd to me.

So, a recent status update popped up, and by the end, I had a new thought on what redesigns should be done; Just chop off Blaze's ponytail. Period.
Ehhh, I dunno, it's not really working for me.

I'd just make it more...fiery-looking, less the stiff feather-shaped whatever it is they're doing there. But then, the series doesn't really do that kind of hair...it's all about the solid plasticy looking bits...

Knuckles` hands need to be smaller, the dude looks ridiculous with how huge they are.

Knuckles` hands need to be smaller, the dude looks ridiculous with how huge they are.

Well, he does use them to break through walls and dig through dirt to make paths at least big enough for him to dig though, so I think his oversized gloves/hands is kinda justified considering exactly what he uses them for.

You know, I can really see Amy wearing sweat pants and a light hoodie (hood down, of course). It kinda would go with her attitude.

Edited by WIttyUsername

I think Tails should have a pair of specs and longer front hair. Not a pair that makes him look geeky necessarily, but a pair that makes him look smart.

You know, I can really see Amy wearing sweat pants and a light hoodie (hood down, of course). It kinda would go with her attitude.

You mean her girly-girl and sweet attitude?

She's cheerful, energetic and a go-getter, which is where I think the link comes from.

I don't think anything but a dress or skirt would suit her. She's far too girly for trousers, and hoodie just seems to completely go against all her traits.