Awoo.

Character costume redesigns

Milo

Blaze looks bald without hair (fur?)...

not that this is a surprise since anyone looks bald without hair but still...

and hoodie just seems to completely go against all her traits.
Does anyone not wear hoodies these days?
  • Thumbs Up 2

....I don't wear hoodies...

Well, not in public anyway. I have one when I'm chillin at home but even then I seldom wear it. Not a fan of hoodies. Find them a little tacky even the expensive ones.

Oh and if they bought back Big the Cat ever again, they should make him wear a big long pimp jacket and a cane along with his fishing rod.

Big's new slogan: Fishin for hoes

• Thumbs Up 2

When we're talking characters who's personalities are represented by their design, it wouldn't work.

You mean her girly-girl and sweet attitude?

That also wields a large hammer and has an obessive attitude.

To me, she displays more of a tomboy-ish personality mixed with some sweet.

That also wields a large hammer and has an obessive attitude.

To me, she displays more of a tomboy-ish personality mixed with some sweet.

Amy isn't a tomboy. Not in the slightest. She wields a hammer and is well known to go crazy, but that's in the name of a teenage crush. She's a cute, peppy, pre-teen girl obsessed with love- a red dress is perfect for her. A hoodie would imply she's a rougher character.

Amy isn't a tomboy. Not in the slightest. She wields a hammer and is well known to go crazy, but that's in the name of a teenage crush. She's a cute, peppy, pre-teen girl obsessed with love- a red dress is perfect for her. A hoodie would imply she's a rougher character.

didn't she wear some form of Hoodie in the UK sonic the comic? she was depicted as a Tom Boy in that verse.

Just saying, I see a lot of cheer-leader peppy types wear hoodies all the time. They're feminine and it suits them.

However, I think the main reason I actually can see Amy in a hoodie is, to me, a hoodie isn't really connected to the idea of being rough, as it's just somewhat down to Earth. I loved watching the opening of Sonic Adventure with Amy and that shopping bag. It showed her living a normal life. Or as normal as a hedgehog can get.

That's me, though. I see it as more real. Probably wouldn't have been to realistic in that setting -- being coastal.

Just saying, I see a lot of cheer-leader peppy types wear hoodies all the time. They're feminine and it suits them.

However, I think the main reason I actually can see Amy in a hoodie is, to me, a hoodie isn't really connected to the idea of being rough, as it's just somewhat down to Earth. I loved watching the opening of Sonic Adventure with Amy and that shopping bag. It showed her living a normal life. Or as normal as a hedgehog can get.

That's me, though. I see it as more real. Probably wouldn't have been to realistic in that setting -- being coastal.

Those people you see aren't child-orientated fictional characters though. Again, when it comes to Sonic character design a lot of their personality is shown in their appearance. The general idea you get from a hoodie is that someone is quite rough which Amy isn't. Alternatively if you want to use it to describe her as 'down to Earth', you're missing the fact that she isn't down to Earth at all. It's pretty key to the series that none of the characters are particularly normal and all have a strong personality quirk and/or skills.

Those people you see aren't child-orientated.

Neither is Rouge.

I'm just saying I could see Amy wearing that. Me. Don't worry, I don't work for SEGA.

Neither is Rouge.

I'm just saying I could see Amy wearing that. Me. Don't worry, I don't work for SEGA.

Rouge is still part of the series, so the same rules apply :P

I'm just saying I can't see Amy wearing that. Me. Don't worry, I don't work for SEGA.

I wouldn't mind the guys having clothes.

Currently the series has unfortunate implications in that it's okay for guys to run around practically naked, but girls are forced to be nearly fully clothed. :P

Back to the actual topic at hand, however.

I'd definitely want Silver to appear in his Rivals suit:

SU41.jpg

Sonic and Eggman are to me, the only characters who should never change.

Tails would look so cute and whatnot in a pilot suit!

Knuckles' OVA suit is my favourite look for him.

Amy should have a more blue outfit with leggings or anything to cover up dem frilly whites...

Team Chaotix would look cool kitted out in old timey detective outfits (suits and ties, fancy hats, sunglasses)...

Anyone remember in sonic adventure 2, all the characters had a slightly different muzzle/skintone? I liked that. It added a nice bit of diversity and individually to the characters. I'd like if something like that returned - Most of the cast'd be gold/biege like Sonic, but Shadow and Rouge would be tan, and Knuckles's have something like that nice tone he had back in Adventure 2.

• 3 years later...
On 7/21/2011 at 1:50 AM, Derg said:

I probably am over thinking it, just haven't seen much talk about the subject, so thanks for the differing opinion.

While on the subject on costumes, I know I shouldn't expect people to know obscure stuff, but if Sonic-man were to ever come back, I hope his costume ( or more costumes the better) is based around this guy from the end of Michael Jackson's Bad.

sonic_bad.png

That would be awesome.

Naoto Ohshima said already that he was inspired by "a boot" from Michael Jackson's album BAD, I'm pretty sure he was referring to this guy!