Awoo.

Do you like the way the Sonic games are currently going?

thedarkknight

Oops, thought the "lack of" statement was only referring to originality. Silly me. :rolleyes:

Haha, no worries! Blame me for my awkward wording... :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeow-ch that was phrased terribly, almost sounded like advocating Rivals' style bs. I believe you mean, don't force unrelated missions on them and give them each their own style offshoot from Sonic's core gameplay; not "make everyone a Sonic reskin".

I see what you did there. ^_^ Anyway, I'll try to rephrase that the best I can......

Have the characters still retain the basic gameplay akin to Sonic (the jump, spindash, rolling, physics, etc.), but should be able to use their abilites (flight, strength) and/or weapons (hammer) to access alternative routes that the other characters can't access.

Edited by Ananze

You act like he doesn't (always) have death threats for Sonic during the last fight, even the Egg Viper had a couple kill lines. (Then again, in that game Tails knocked himself out of the sky...)

Fine, he still shot Tails out of the sky though.

Starts Unleashed by blowing up the planet.

Had Sonic bring all SEVEN emeralds to him, once again in Unleashed.

Beats Super Sonic.

Shot Tails out of the sky and threatened to kill Sonic in the Egg Dragoon.

He shoots Sonic out of an airlock into the vacuum of space, while making fun of him, and that's AFTER Eggman outsmarts Sonic completely, to the point where he pissed Sonic off, something Sonic never does, get angry at Eggman.

Yeah, your claims are kind off considering his track record got BETTER as he became a manchild.

Fixed.

Seriously, Shadic93. What the fuck made you forget to add that?! That's the all time crowning moment Eggman has over ANY villain in this series.

• Thumbs Up 1

In gameplay i'm still not completely satisfied.I'm still waiting for a game that finally beats the classics namely my pick for best game of the series Sonic 2(Yeah i know 3 is better overall but i just didn't think the music was on par with 2 and music quality is very important in a game to me) :P

In story/tone/characterization i'm extremely happy :D

Why? Because now the world and the characters are being treated for what they are: a 90s cartoony world with lively characters.

This a series with a blue hedgehog that wears shoes and a fox with 2 freakin tails...The reason the 80s TMNT cartoon worked was because it knew what it was and that it would be impossible to for an adult to take it seriously so it decided to just have fun with itself by appealing to kids.

That's why the current writers are the best we had: They realise that it's a nonsensical cartoony world and they treat it as such.

If we try to take Sonic's world seriously we'll notice plotholes imediatily: How can a hedgehog talk? Why does that fox have 2 tails? Where did Eggman find money and resources to build his machines?

Sonic was created as something for kids and it should stay as something for kids.

And that's the way it is B)

Edited by pppp

Fixed.

Seriously, Shadic93. What the fuck made you forget to add that?! That's the all time crowning moment Eggman has over ANY villain in this series.

I was actually just trying to counter balance Darkfox's points with similar ones, but yes beating Super Sonic alone makes eggman more dangerous as a manchild than he ever was in Sa2. This is fact, and cannot be disputed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gameplay wise, overall, I'm thrilled. Love where they're going with things, especially with Generations' Unleashed-style Modern stages but with more exploration. Classic Sonic in gorgeous HD should be wonderful, too. I hope both gameplay styles are as good as they look.

Story wise, overall, I'm satisfied but still wishing. Nothing wrong with a chill, feel-good story, though I do hope Generations feels like more of an adventure than a vacation. Fix a few characterization issues and cut back on a bit of the corny jokes and I'm happy. The new writers have talent and characters' dialogue seems a lot more natural than it did before... I'd like to see what they can do with something a story a bit more dynamic than Colors.

Okay, I'm sick of this.

Opinions suck, don't they? ;)

Ever since the classics it's been "light and childish". Yes, even the precious Adventure and Genesis titles were ridicolously kiddy and even more than Colors really. Same for Unleashed considering that part of the story is about the ultimate force of good and evil meeting, and on top of that a mad scientist breaks the world into pieces. Also, mind you, I'm not the one who neg repped you, so I guess I'm not alone here.

I'd argue that they're aimed at a general audience. And pretty much every video game with a villain is somehow about forces of good and evil meeting. And 'ever since the classics' doesn't justify anything.

This a series with a blue hedgehog that wears shoes and a fox with 2 freakin tails...

*grumbles under breath* We all know this. People can stop saying it now.

The reason the 80s TMNT cartoon worked was because it knew what it was and that it would be impossible to for an adult to take it seriously so it decided to just have fun with itself by appealing to kids.

That's why the current writers are the best we had: They realise that it's a nonsensical cartoony world and they treat it as such.

Sonic was never nonsensical until Colors came along. Not even the classics. Maybe lighthearted and cartoony, but not nonsensical and stupid.

If we try to take Sonic's world seriously we'll notice plotholes imediatily

Plot holes are a result of erroneous writing, not of serious plots. That's fact, regardless of either of our opinions on what plots should be. But I realize that's not the point you were trying to make....

How can a hedgehog talk? Why does that fox have 2 tails? Where did Eggman find money and resources to build his machines?

You're grasping. Come on now.

EDIT: But just for the hell of it. 1: How can WE talk? 2: Genetic mutation. 3: Not many video games even bother to explore this kind of thing anyway. It's not an issue exclusive to Sonic.

Sonic was created as something for kids and it should stay as something for kids.

Can this be proven? If someone can PROVE Sonic was created for kids, I will respectfully rest my case, but until then I hold that Sonic was meant to be for everyone.

And that's the way it is B)

No it's not.

Edited by DC111
  • Thumbs Up 1

no

too kiddy

I WANT DECAPTIATIONS AND MASS GRAVES AND EGGMAN ROBOTS GUNNING DOWN ORPHANS THEIR FRAGMENTED BONE SPLINTERS PROPELLING INTO ONLOOKERS EYEBALLS, CIVIALNS BEING GORED TO DEATH BY ROBONIKS MACHINES, AND DEEPER AND EDGEIER CHARACTERS, SHADOW IS A CRACK ADDICT, ADDICTIED TO CRACK, ROUGE IS A PART-TIME STRIPPER, AND EVEYRONE'S ORGANS ARE HARVESTED FOR THE CHAOS GOD. and amy and sonic will have the most hardcore hedgehog love scene the world has ever seen.

THERE WILL BE SEX, DRUGS, VIOLENCE, ADULT AND MATURE THINGS NOT FOR LITTLE FUCKING KIDS

I WANT

SONIC: BUCKETS OF BLOOD

sonic was my favorite game as a kid, and i dont want it to be no damn kids game.

Edited by Dr Jackstraw
  • Thumbs Up 10
  • Bad Quality Post 2

yeah

my idea rules right?

someone needs to take jokes

Edited by Dr Jackstraw
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What.

This is so immature and ridiculous it's not even funny. And if you're serious..... you're not serious.

That's sorta the joke, it's over the top and is parodying stupid Sonic fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

someone needs to take jokes

Yeah, okay.

facepalm.jpg

That's sorta the joke, it's over the top and is parodying stupid Sonic fans.

M'kay, point received. I guess it just didn't strike me as funny considering that's all people do lately is take other people's viewpoints, twist them to the extreme, and parody them.

...Sorry.

Edited by DC111
  • Thumbs Up 1

no

too kiddy

I WANT DECAPTIATIONS AND MASS GRAVES AND EGGMAN ROBOTS GUNNING DOWN ORPHANS THEIR FRAGMENTED BONE SPLINTERS PROPELLING INTO ONLOOKERS EYEBALLS, CIVIALNS BEING GORED TO DEATH BY ROBONIKS MACHINES, AND DEEPER AND EDGEIER CHARACTERS, SHADOW IS A CRACK ADDICT, ADDICTIED TO CRACK, ROUGE IS A PART-TIME STRIPPER, AND EVEYRONE'S ORGANS ARE HARVESTED FOR THE CHAOS GOD

THERE WILL BE SEX, DRUGS, VIOLENCE, ADULT AND MATURE THINGS NOT FOR LITTLE FUCKING KIDS

I WANT

SONIC: BUCKETS OF BLOOD

Can this be proven? If someone can PROVE Sonic was created for kids, I will respectfully rest my case, but until then I hold that Sonic was meant to be for everyone.

You can't seriously tell me these commercials were made to attract adults into playing Sonic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWnJGAoUNo

The Sonic & Knuckles one even has Santa freakin Claus in it:

I can't show it here because of the limit but you know what commercial i'm talking about.

Yeah, okay.

facepalm.jpg

M'kay, point received. I guess it just didn't strike me as funny considering that's all people do lately is take other people's viewpoints, twist them to the extreme, and parody them.

...Sorry.

And no one feels guilty, mainly because the fans who spew idiotic fanboy logic act unpleasable, inconsiderate, arrogant, and ignorant.(Jackstraw is not parodying anyone in particular)

Can we go ontopic?

Edited by SuperClassic

Can we go ontopic?

Fo sho.

And nobody's usually parodying anyone in particular. Just seems like it's getting kind of redundant either way. But I'm sapping the fun out of the joke so I'll call it a day now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright here's the commercial:

Also another thing: At an early stage of creation,Sonic was supposed to have fangs,have Madonna as his girlfriend and be a rock musician but then later Madeline Schroeder(Head of the localization team in the U.S) thought that that would not work in the U.S so she softened him up by removing all that to make it more kid-friendly.

Edited by pppp

Also another thing: At an early stage of creation,Sonic was supposed to have fangs,have Madonna as his girlfriend and be a rock musician but then later Madeline Schroeder(Head of the localization team in the U.S) thought that that would not work in the U.S so she softened him up by removing all that to make it more kid-friendly.

I'm pretty sure Sega acknowledges, just as Nintendo and Capcom have, that their fans are now adults, and that they should appeal to the old while appealling to the new.

Sonic Generations.

Wasn't it just said by someone recently (maybe RubyEclipse?) that Sonic is for everyone?

And removing all of that ridiculous stuff to make it kid-friendly doesn't mean Sonic is meant just for kids. It could also mean Sonic is meant for a general audience, since general audience includes kids.

If it was really meant for kids, what the hell are we all doing here? And inb4 "because Sonic was a part of our childhood," well, Dora the Explorer was a part of my niece's childhood but she's not going to be on forums talking about it ten years from now.

Edited by DC111

I'm pretty sure Sega acknowledges, just as Nintendo and Capcom have, that their fans are now adults, and that they should appeal to the old while appealling to the new.

Sonic Generations.

Yeah but let's face it: Most of the Sonic Sales nowadays come from kids that got into Sonic via Sonic X or something.

Yeah but let's face it: Most of the Sonic Sales nowadays come from kids that got into Sonic via Sonic X or something.

So we don't matter, that's good to know.

I don't think any of us no for sure where most sales come from, if we're going to use such a mindset as that then you might as well say Call Of Duty and Halo are for kids.

Dora the Explorer was a part of my niece's childhood but she's not going to be on forums talking about it ten years from now.

I still watch and talk about my pre-school childhood shows online and i'm 24.Nostalgia is very powerful :)

Just like we as kids made Sonic what it is today the kids of today are gonna be the ones that pick up where left off.

So we don't matter, that's good to know.

We do just not as much as the kids.Mario has always been marketed at kids because Nintendo knows that the franchise appeals to kids more than any other demographic.

Edited by pppp

If the 'core fanbase' didn't have an impact on sales, we wouldn't be getting Generations, what with its nostalgic levels and Classic Sonic.

We do just not as much as the kids.Mario has always been marketed at kids because Nintendo knows that the franchise appeals to kids more than any other demographic.

No. Mario is marketed for EVERYONE, there's never been a game that had a target demographic, that's why Nintendo does so well, they make games for everyone and not just one specific group.

That's what Generations is doing, it may be a nostalgia trip, but its general marketing is towards anyone and everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1