Awoo.

Might ask for a Playstation Move for my birthday.

Crystal Kingfisher

I've been considering getting a Playstation Move lately. I've been looking around the stores and Playstation Store for games, and I've found a good selection of games.

Now, before we continue, you're probably wondering, "Why Playstation Move? Why not Kinect?"

Really, I'm not interested in Kinect at all. Sure, you use your full body instead of a remote that is a blatant rip-off of the Wii remote, but the game selection does NOT look interesting to me at all. The only Kinect game I'm somewhat interested in is Dance Central. The Playstation Move looks a hell of a lot more interesting because, despite its lack of originality, I heard the motion control is much more smooth and responsive than anything else, and it seems to have a better selection of games than the Kinect.

The games I am going to get are:

Ape Escape (I loved playing Ape Escape 1 and 2 when I was young, and I'm glad to see that the series has made a comeback)

EyePet (looks fun, and looks much better than Kinectimals)

Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension (I love P&F, and this game looks awesome. Plus, it's being made by the developers of the PSP Ratchet & Clank games)

Funky Lab Rat (it sounds strange, but fun)

I was also going to get Playstation Move Heroes because the trailer looked amazing, and I like the idea how the three major Playstation mascots are teaming up, but I've heard from a lot of people that the game sucks. Might just rent it instead.

Any recommendations?

I've been considering getting a Playstation Move lately. I've been looking around the stores and Playstation Store for games, and I've found a good selection of games.

Now, before we continue, you're probably wondering, "Why Playstation Move? Why not Kinect?"

Really, I'm not interested in Kinect at all. Sure, you use your full body instead of a remote that is a blatant rip-off of the Wii remote, but the game selection does NOT look interesting to me at all. The only Kinect game I'm somewhat interested in is Dance Central. The Playstation Move looks a hell of a lot more interesting because, despite its lack of originality, I heard the motion control is much more smooth and responsive than anything else, and it seems to have a better selection of games than the Kinect.

The games I am going to get are:

Ape Escape (I loved playing Ape Escape 1 and 2 when I was young, and I'm glad to see that the series has made a comeback)

EyePet (looks fun, and looks much better than Kinectimals)

Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension (I love P&F, and this game looks awesome. Plus, it's being made by the developers of the PSP Ratchet & Clank games)

Funky Lab Rat (it sounds strange, but fun)

I was also going to get Playstation Move Heroes because the trailer looked amazing, and I like the idea how the three major Playstation mascots are teaming up, but I've heard from a lot of people that the game sucks. Might just rent it instead.

Any recommendations?

I'd reccomend Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves. It's pretty fun, and comes free with LBP2. If you don't plan on grabbing LBP2 any time soon, I can send ya a code for it, I've had it laying around my inbox for quite some time.

I'd reccomend Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves. It's pretty fun, and comes free with LBP2. If you don't plan on grabbing LBP2 any time soon, I can send ya a code for it, I've had it laying around my inbox for quite some time.

I have LBP2. I'll definitely try out Prehistoric Moves once I get my PS Move.

While this opinion is second-hand, I did hear from a friend (and subsequently read several reviews from the more reputable websites) that PlayStation Move Heroes, quite frankly, is garbage. Sorry to add to the doom and gloom, but I just wanted to share the knowledge.

Try the demo. Or rent. With PS Plus, there's a full game trial as well.

Edited by Heart

While this opinion is second-hand, I did hear from a friend (and subsequently read several reviews from the more reputable websites) that PlayStation Move Heroes, quite frankly, is garbage. Sorry to add to the doom and gloom, but I just wanted to share the knowledge.

Like I said, I heard from a lot of people that it sucks, so I'll rent it instead and see what I think.

The thing with Sackboys prehistoric moves... you really need a second player with you, whilst it's possible to play it single player, it's not easy.

I do own a PS Move, but I don't use it much... however these would be my recomendations.

Heavy_Rain_Cover_Art.jpg

Heavy Rain has a move edition, I own it and I was very suprised at how well the Playstation Move works with this title, if anything it actually improves the experience. Heavy Rain is all about identifying and relating to the characters, with the movements you're asked to do, it helps bridge the gap between player and character, you care for the characters far quicker than you do with a standard controller so if your character dies or something bad happens, it really does make you feel bad.

Also, Heavy Rain is one of the best games out there.

Time_Crisis_Razing_Storm.png

I don't know why I'm suggesting Time Crisis because I don't really like it all that much. It's quite a cheap game now and you get 3 different games on it. The problem and the reason why I don't like it... Namco did not do a good job on this at all... the online for Razing storm was dead months ago, theres a lot of bugs in Razing Storms story mode and if trophies are your thing, these will take a VERY long time to unlock, also theres a distinct lack of guides for the game too.

The reason why I'm suggesting it is because it's cheap, it's 3 different games, it's a decent 'light gun' game if you like them and it should last you a long time if you enjoy it.

We-Dare.jpg

Shadzter owns this game... I own this game... many other SSMB folk own this game... FOR WE ARE MANLY MEN! ... ... that and we figured it would end up being a rare game since it got cancelled all over the place.

It's not a brilliant game, the mini games are easy, but... and I can't believe I'm saying this... it's fun with a friend... .. ... Moving on...

sorcery-ps3_BG11366.jpg

It's not out yet... nope... not yet... But every time it gets shown off it just looks better and better. I would do some research into this one to see what reviewers are saying, but everytime us SSMB folk have stayed up to watch a Sony conference, it usually gets shown the reaction is normally 'that looks quite good.'

echochrome-2-ii-logo-feature.jpg

This is a PSN title. I've played a demo of this and I loved it. You basically act as a light, you have to shine the light on the area to guide a shadow from the start to the exit. It's quite difficult to explain how you manipulate the environment... but this video should give you an idea.

Otherwise... I would look for games which have PS Move as an optional control scheme, Move isn't and has never been marketed as a replacement for the dual shock pad, it's more an accessory to it. Theres a lot of games coming out/are out which have move patches or that have been given Move support as well as a normal controller. The thing is, playing a game with the move is very different experience to that of a controller. So don't think of it as being a replacement to the dual shock, think of it as an alternative.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though I don't have a Move anymore, here are some ideas:

killzone3-box-cover-art1.jpgboxart_eur_littlebigplanet-2.jpgheavy-rain-cover.jpg

Also, don't bother with Ape Escape. It's only a bunch of minigames. Plus, I have a friend who owns this game who told me that it blows monkey balls.

Edited by Knuckttack

I'm not interested in Killzone 3, and I don't feel like buying Heavy Rain all over again just to use the PS Move. Don't get me wrong, I loved Heavy Rain, but I really don't feel like re-buying it.

@Knuckttack: The new Ape Escape is only mini-games? That sucks. I thought it would be like the original Ape Escape games how you have to search the levels for monkeys and catch them with your net.

@Hogfather: Echochrome II looks cool.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Damn it I came into this topic to point out why you shouldn't buy Ape Escape Move, and then someone already beat me to it. Another reason: Soichi Terada probably isn't doing the music.

GoldenEye 007 is getting another port soon.

Actually, Ape Escape Move isn't only mini-games; it's a first person on-rails game where you use your move controller as a net to catch the monkeys.

However, after buying it on impulse, I unfortunately have to say it isn't very good. It's nice to see a new Ape Escape game again and it is somewhat fun at first, but the gameplay gets boring pretty quickly and the game is pretty short. Not to mention the story contradicts all the previous games' stories and doesn't even involve the apes escaping from anywhere. But there is a demo of the game on the PSN if you want to try it for yourself.