Awoo.

Sonic 4 Plot

Milo

Despite the weak plot Episode 1 provided us, we can still at least make predictions on what he's going to do with Metal Sonic, whether anyone past the main trio will appear, and whether Eggman will be stupid enough to rehash EVERYTHING in this entire game.

Or you can just make up your own plot if you'd like, or suggest what the plot for this game should had been in the first place.

Edited by Ananze

What I think it'd be like:

- Episode 1: Sonic starts looking for new lands. Eggman starts trying to take his revenge by re-using pretty much everything he tried before.

- Episode 2: Eggman sends Metal Sonic, who kidnaps Amy to lure Sonic into a trap. Tails also helps Sonic. At the start of the game, Metal Sonic hits Sonic, who loses all the Chaos Emeralds and must get them back from Special Stages.

- Episode 3: Eggman decides to steal the Master Emerald again to power-up a powerful robot he thought he'd use if the situation was too dire for him. Knuckles goes after him and, while Sonic and Tails run after Eggman with Metal Sonic still trying to stop them after they saved Amy, Knuckles is on his own quest to get back the Master Emerald but is stopped by Mecha Sonic / Silver Sonic MK II. You must collect the Chaos Emeralds again, or the Super Emeralds if you have all Chaos Emeralds in Episode 2. In the end, you go through The Doomsday Zone again, but against a different robot.

Get all Chaos Emeralds in Episode 1 -> get a hint at the end that Metal Sonic will appear

Get all Chaos Emeralds in Episode 2 -> get a hint at the end that the Master Emerald will appear

Get all Chaos Emeralds in Episode 3 -> see Eggman reading ancient stones about Perfect Chaos

Get all Super Emeralds in Episode 3 -> get a "The End" picture with Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles

Prediction.

Episode 2: Sonic has Tails (and probably Knuckles) join him. Eggman rehashes a lot more things, namely from Sonic CD and/or Sonic 3. Most or all of the bosses are robots rather than Eggman himself. Silver Sonic, Metal Sonic, Mecha Sonic, Eggrobo, and robot Robotnik clone (who was Knuckles faced off against) may be main bosses or make appearences.

In case Amy appears (at all) in this game.....

Amy might appear to at first follow Sonic......only to get kidnapped. Only after you rescue her will then she might be playable.

After gaining all Chaos Emeralds, you see Eggman working on something new.

Episode 3: I bet this is when new bosses and/or badniks will actually appear. Eggman would make a doomsday machine/device up in his base. Knuckles joins if he didn't already.

After gaining all Chaos Emeralds, will you get the final story. Sonic confronts Eggman as Super Sonic. Eggman steals the emeralds (or their power) to power the device. If Eggman stole the devices power, then we will get a The Doomsda-like zone as Sonic chases Eggman as he plans to align the machine to conquer/destroy the planet. If he steals the emeralds, then we could get a Death Egg-like final boss.

If the Super Emeralds are in the story, then after losing the Chaos Emeralds to Eggman, the player can go through the Super Emerald special stages (replacing the Chaos Emerald special stages) in order to collect the Super Emeralds and go through/view the true final boss/ending.

Edited by Ananze

I'm not sure I want Amy to appear in the game. Another Metal Sonic kidnapping Amy scenario would be too much of a Sonic CD retread and I don't want to see Amy playable. It would make the game seem too much like Sonic Advance and even less like a Sonic 4. Unless, of course, Amy is in her pink tutu, but that would never happen.

As the Sonic Adventure manual states in Sonic's profile: "Sonic's adventure begins just as he is returning home from a long journey...". I'd like to think that Sonic 4 is that long journey. Following the whole Death Egg mess, Sonic and Tails take a break from each other and Sonic goes off to explore new islands. The events of Episode 1 occur and in the end of the first episode Sonic receives some off screen assistance from Tails in order to reach E.G.G. Station.

Episode 2, I'd like to see Eggman unleash his final former weapon: Metal Sonic. Metal could kidnap Tails and in the first act (in an all new zone, no remixes this time) Sonic rescues Tails from Metal and Metal runs off. From here on out, players can play all of Episode 1 with Tails as well as all of Episode 2. They also have to option of Tails following Sonic. The game could be simple as Sonic chasing Metal and Eggman (with new boss battles). Special stages have to be in the Sonic 2 style and I think it would be cool to have Sonic collecting the Super Emeralds. That way, players who completed Episode 1 can collect the super emeralds in episode 2 to unlock Hyper Sonic. Players who did not complete episode 1 would simply unlock Super Sonic and when they complete episode 1 they could unlock hyper.

End of Episode 2, I think it would be bitchin' to see the reveal of Metal Knuckles and have a 2 vs. 1 boss battle of both metals versus the main character. They could conclude with the defeated metals and Eggman retreating to the floating island. I have always wanted to see a stunning 2D HD Angel Island filling my tv screen. That would be an awesome teaser for Episode 3.

Episode 3 would, of course, bring back Knuckles and he would be playable in episodes 1-3. I think it would be fun for Metal Sonic to steal the Master Emerald and Knuckles confuses him for Sonic (as usual). Knuckles game plays out with him chasing down Metal Sonic, while Sonic's (and Tails) game plays out with him chasing down Eggman and Metal Knuckles. Zones could appear throughout Angel Island, introducing unseen areas of the island. The game could conclude with Sonic and Knuckles crossing paths, Knuckles fights Sonic until Sonic shows him Metal Sonic and Knuckles. Knuckles admits he was wrong and joins Sonic and Tails.THere is the usual final Eggman fight, with an awesome new mech. Then for the final final boss fight (once all emeralds are collected) Eggman, using the M.E. stolen from Knuckles and the chaos emeralds that he steals from Sonic, creates Hyper Metal Sonic & Knuckles (perhaps they fuse into a massive robot?) and Sonic & Knuckles using the super emeralds become hyper. The final fight could feature Hyper Sonic/Knuckles/Tails (depending on who the player chose) versus Hyper Metal Sonic & Knuckles. That would make for an epic end to Sonic 4.

I honestly don't think they're even going to attempt to do anything on the scale of Sonic 3&K. I think each episode is going to be a simple (boring) as episode 1 was with it's plot. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't have much faith in Sonic 4 after the mundane first episode.

Also the appeal of revisting the Metal Sonic race in episode 2 has been lost to me since we'll be doing it in the far superior Sonic Generations. :/

Edited by speedfreak

I actually think that Eggman/Robotnik really is going to "revisit and redefine his 'very best' creations" for the entire game to defeat Sonic. So this plot's just modeled around that basic idea.

The plot I predict they will make for Episode II. The story is all about Sonic, but when the final zone is completed, Tails, and probably Knuckles are made available to play (they fight Eggrobo instead, though). If by some miracle, maybe Amy too.

Tails's story (if they ever attempt it): Episode I: Tails is seen flying over Splash Hill. He then sees Eggman being chased by Sonic, and drops a rocket down in the hole (the rocket Sonic uses to fly up to E.G.G. Station Zone).

Sonic's story: As Sonic arrives at *first zone of Episode II* with his animal friends, he then gets visited by Amy. Metal Sonic then attacks him, kidnaps Amy, and runs off. If Sonic hasn't lost the emeralds, probably Eggman or Metal Sonic will pick them up or something. Sonic then takes hot pursuit.

At the Final Zone, the player then race Metal Sonic in a race. When the player wins, Metal Sonic "dies" like how he did in Sonic CD when he hits the wall that was supposed to trap Sonic. The player then escapes as the zone self-destructs. The player watch Eggman escape, and then do the "we won the game!" poses. After the credits, The Try Again scene has Eggman with the emeralds you didn't collect, and Metal Sonic doing Sonic's finger wag; where as in the true ending (if Epi Ii is the last episode), it shows Eggman stomping on a bunch of monitors and a unactivated/ Metal Sonic next to it (or the remains of Metal Sonic near/among the monitors), with "The End" put below. If we do get a Epi. III, Eggman will be smile, and then the Master Emerald will appear (and even better, maybe Mecha Sonic activating afterwards or is shown charging on the emerald)...

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillScrooge

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is that the plot of the games is relatively simple: Eggman's bringing back the best of his old creations to take down Sonic. So that much I'm sure will stick in the future games. My guess is that Metal Sonic is among one of the creations he brings back, thus his appearance in Episode 2. For episode 2, I'm not sure if they'll have it tie into Episode 1 in any way or not, but I could see Metal Sonic appearing to knock the Emeralds out of Sonic so he would have to go and collect them again.

Now, in the same format of Episode 1, I could see there being 4 zones. In the first 3, the boss would be Eggman piloting a contraption of his. However, in the last act, perhaps we'd get a Metal Sonic race? I'd love to see it open up with a section similar to Stardust Speedway, where you have to race Metal Sonic and avoid his attacks. During a certain part of the race though, he races ahead of you and you have to battle him, Mecha Sonic-style. Of course, then we get a final boss level once everything is else is clear. Tails would also appear to help Sonic, providing the co-op gameplay hook. Also, perhaps Metal Sonic kidnaps Amy again, just so she can make an appearance, or something. And if you have the Emeralds? Hmm.. perhaps you'll use them to restore broken zones from the game, and they'll be scattered by the end of it, or something.

By Episode 3, Metal Sonic is thought to be beaten, and Eggman knows he needs all the power he can get to beat Sonic. So, he goes to Angel Island to take the Master Emerald, hoping to use it to gather the Chaos Emeralds before Sonic can. This is where Knuckles, and maybe a unique co-op partner for him, can come into play as well (perhaps it's Amy, wanting to catch up with Sonic, and she teams up with Knuckles to do so?). Again, 4 levels, same formula as before, with a final boss level unlocked after beating the rest. However, for the final boss for this Episode, maybe we'll have a cutscene where Sonic is chasing Eggman to retrieve the Master Emerald, but Metal Sonic appears and steals it. The final boss could be a massive Metal Sonic robot, made out of parts from classic Eggman machines. If you have the Emeralds, and you're playing as Sonic, after beating this form, the final battle could be Super Sonic vs. Super Metal Sonic in space. This would be the start of Metal Sonic's rebellion against Dr. Eggman, and once he's defeated, he could be seen flying away, recuperating until he can make his next move.

That's how I'd handle it anyway tongue.gif

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

I'd say that future episodes won't have much/any plot, but episode 2 having some form of connection to Sonic CD makes me think otherwise.

I don't care too much about plot, but now I'm just really hoping for a Metal/Mecha Sonic/Knuckles fight or two, Tails and maybe Knuckles for playable characters, and the super emeralds. But yeah, Metal Sonic as a boss, Eggman kidnapping Tails/Amy, awesome extra boss fights for super/hyper Sonic/Knuckles, more bosses and levels that are recreations of past stages and whatnot. Also, I would like them to do an interesting take on the Sonic 2 special stages akin to this http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/run

Also, I would like them to do an interesting take on the Sonic 2 special stages akin to this http://www.albinobla...p.com/games/run

Interestingly enough, Knuckles' Chaotix did something similar; except that they did it with a hexagonal-shaped shape, and required you to collect rings in order to stay in the stage as well as collect spheres in order to obtain the Chaos Rings.

Here's another story attempt with Eggman/Robotnik rehashing recreating the best of his creations. This one is something I'd personally want to see (taking some elements from the previous post, whici I'll change into how I bet Sonic Team will make the story). Obviously Metal Sonic and Tails are huge focuses of Episode II. Also, they are unsure of whether to continue the Sonic 4 saga by making an Episde III, so here goes....

Intro: Sonic is exploring *insert Epi II Zone 1 here* when he notices his damaged plane the Tornado up ahead. He recalls in flashback that he left the plane with Tails before exploring Splash Hill. As he walks up towards the plane to see if Tails is in the plane; Metal Sonic then jumps out, surprising Sonic; and uses this time to attack him, spilling the Chaos Emeralds. He then taunts a still-recovering Sonic with his signature finger wag; uses the emeralds to activate a portal and escapes inside with the emeralds. The portal then immediately closes. Sonic then sees many badniks patrolling the area. He then investigates.

Zone 1: Sonic saves Tails, who was captured by Eggman. Tails recalls via flashback that he saw Sonic chasing Eggman into Splash Hill Zone (sunset). Sonic notices Tails in his plane. Tails uses a rocket he had at the ready to drop it off inside the pit (all offscreen in Episode 1). His plane was suddenly shot down however; and after he crash-landed; he was kidnapped by Metal Sonic. Tails then joins Sonic in his quest.

Zone 2: Sonic meets up with Knuckles, who lets Sonic know in flashback that...

If there will be a Epi III: the Master Emerald was stolen again by a Eggrobo in a Eggpod.

If there won't be a Epi. III: An Eggrobo tried to steal the Master Emerald, but Knuckles destroyed it.

Knuckles then joins Sonic on his quest in order to find his emerald/stop Eggman's plans in order to protect his emerald.

Zone 3: Sonic saves Amy, who is just delighted to see him again, and happened to be in the wrong place in the wrong time. She also joins him on his quest.

Zone 4: Sonic fights Metal Sonic. Eggman in his haste forgets to take the emeralds with him. Sonic can now collect the Chaos Emeralds to gain Super Sonic.

Final zone: _____ runs out of final zone and after final zone is destroyed/sunk/whatever, ____ do(es) their end-of-game victory pose(s) (in Super mode if player has the Chaos Emeralds).

Bad ending without emeralds: Eggman laughs, Metal Sonic wags finger, TRY AGAIN.

Good ending (if Episode II is last episode): Eggman angrily stomps on some broken monitors (a la Sonic 1 good ending) with the remains of Metal Sonic nearby. The End.

Good/true ending (if there is a Epi. III): Eggman smiles, Master Emerald, Mecha Sonic activates. TBC....