Awoo.

96 million bucks. seriously?

Remynaka

But she was never going to get that. It is incredibly rare for large gross sums to be awarded without a judge's backing on appeal.

That's not her fault.

The lawyers will get half. But they will get half of probably 30 millions or so on appeal rather than half of 95 million.

I wasn't trying to say it was, please forgive if I ever gave that impression as that's NOT what I'm saying. The only thing that looks silly is the amount of money.... the case is a crime and the guy NEEDS to rot. That is what I'm saying.

About half, I guess that makes sense.... then again looking BACK on the case, the money amount might not be that bad...... seeing as the company also didn't really take her seriously. Now that I look at it from another angle, tho 95 million does seem like alot... the company should lose much more for letting this happen.

That is a MASSIVE understatement. Just REALLY think about how it would feel to be pinned down, have your top pulled up and then be masturbated onto. How fucking scary would that be.

You mean the terrible man couldn't have actually entered the women and done more terrible things to her? You mean he didn't have the capacity to give her possible STIs? He couldn't have made her potentially pregnant? Or worse yet, actually hurt her seriously enough to require hospitalization? Worst case scenario murder her? Thats what I'm referring to her as "worse."

And don't even mention scary to me if your only referring to the specific situation that happened to the victim. There are worse things happening in the world then what happened to this women, which is why I'm able to write it off so easily, she didn't get 3rd degree burns did she? She didn't almost lose a hand to this man did she?

• Bad Quality Post 3

Yeah. Because everyone knows that the actual penis-in-vagina part is the real reason that rape victims spend years trying to recover from what forced sexual assault does to their psyche, with the potential that they will never recover their previous mental state being all too common.

Making such a pithy comment falls pretty flat when it is clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

All the folks making jokes about the dick to head incident are probably forgetting that that and the aforementioned forced masturbatory incident are forms of sexual assault. $95 million is a ridiculous amount I agree (which will probably be whittled down to something reasonable in appeals) , but it seems this woman has been victimized and had tried to resolve the matter through the good faith channels that the workplace made available and only took it to court when that failed. The fact that there's a sharp jump in contrast in the degree of harassment this woman received makes me wonder how much further this bloke would have taken it if it had gone on. It could have been full on rape, or worse. D:

And while $95 million might be a ridiculous payout amount, I see it as sending a warning to private companies that would try and handle this independently of police and/or don't take each allegation seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1