Awoo.

Scariest moment ever?

Johnny Boy

Oh crap, that winking donkey reminded me of the very end of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (This also was at the end of the featurettes Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree, Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too, and Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOwXnbF6rTI&feature=related

My mind shat bricks when I saw the stuffed Pooh Bear wink for the first time. I didn't want to play the movie again after seeing that.

Yeh, I remember that. It never scared me, though. Pooh was just too innocent a series for me to be phased by anything.

I guess it's really the atmosphere of the entire donkey scene that rubbed me the wrong way.

Ocarina of Time. Forest Temple. Wallmaster that grabbed me without the ominous rushing sound or increasingly big shadow occurring. Link Screams. First time I ever screamed and jumped out of my seat playing a video game XD.

I remember lying in bed on my back with my eyes open and my cat Inky jumped onto my chest extremely suddenly and quickly. Made me jump out of my skin. I swore my heart skipped a beat or two then.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be honest.

The first time I turned on the difficulty on Minecraft.

The second I turned it on I was bombarded with loud monster sounds and hissing. It scared me shitless to the point that I spontaneously converted the cave I was in into a house, door and everything.

I'm now on the mindset that I need a friend on MC if I wanna play with enemies activated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Each scariest moment I get just keep getting topped.

First, I encountered Regenerators in Resident Evil 4. THOSE things scare the crap out of anybody that first encounter them. NOTHING stops them. You shotgun their head off and not only do they barely flinch, THEY JUST KEEP WALKING TOWARDS YOU! In addition, they have the creepiest breathing noise that just fills you with dread if they're in the same room as you too. The music doesn't help either... XD

Then I got REmake. One word, Crimson Heads...(oh wait, that's two). For those who don't know, Crimson Heads are regular zombies that wake up after you kill them without burning the body or getting a proper decapitation (by luck, of course). When they wake up...Oh Crap!. Their skin becomes a Blood Red (or should I say...Crimson?), in addition, they gain the ability to run MUCH faster than you, thus resulting in the extreme clawing of your poor face. I'm not fully sure, but I think they can even follow you through different rooms too. Thanks for the High Octane Nightmare Fuel Capcom.

These things still give me nightmares to this day. Capcom seriously needs to bring these guys back. Guaranteed scare factor.

Finally, I found Nemesis in Resident Evil 3. I swear, this guy is impossible to kill each time he appears. He's a walking freaking brick with a Rocket Launcher and Tentacles for a hand, I just can't beat him, so I can only run away from him. The main thing that makes this guy scary, along with the fact that he's incredibly hard to kill, is that HE WILL CONSTANTLY STALK YOU throughout the game (or at least the first half of it). During those parts, you won't know when he'll appear, and when he does...start running...

Some people can kill Nemmy, but I can't (or at least, not in the beginning outside the RPD Station). It's been a year since I played the game, so maybe now I can finally beat him... :P

Metroids horribly scare me too...I don't know why, but they just do. If Retro Studios or Nintendo decided to turn Metroid Prime into a Survivor Horror...I honestly wouldn't be able to play through it. Especially if the game is obnoxiously dark like Doom 3. Just the mere thought of that scares me... o.O

The goddamned purple Teddy Bear lying propped against the pillows on a bed in one of the Silent Hill games.

Seriously, I swear I dropped a load there and then. Shit creeped me the fuck out. Those eyes....

At least, I think it was Silent Hill....

Oh yes, and Castle Wolfenstein when you venture into the crypts below, although I was rather young when I played this.

Edited by Maleficent

"Return the Slab" from Courage the Cowardly Dog

Remember that episode where Courage and his family had an ancient tablet and they kept getting cursed by a mummy. To me this episode was a perfect combination of scary and funny. It was funny because of all the curses getting laid on the family (including the memorable King Ramses song). And it was scary because of the mummy. Ok, it was more along the lines of "creepy", but his design and the way he's animated always creeped me out a bit.

I remember watching this too when I was younger! That episode would always creep me out the most out of any other episode of Courage. The way he'd just stand outside saying the same thing over and over. Just the way that the guy looked and the way he was animated and sounded. Overall, it was just really creepy, especially for a kids show and all.

I also remember another scene in Courage where he's running through some building opening different doors and behind one door, there's a girl playing a violin which seems all innocent until she turns around and has this creepy face and screams straight towards the viewers! It caught me off guard the first time I saw it and I sometimes hear people bring it up whenever I talk to anyone about the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zzRHbWwdow

From about 0:35 to 0:49

I know, the quality isn't the best, but its good enough to see the scene that I'm talking about. It's not as bad when you see it coming, though. Then again, no scares are as good when you know they're going to happen

• Thumbs Up 1

"Return the Slab" from Courage the Cowardly Dog

Remember that episode where Courage and his family had an ancient tablet and they kept getting cursed by a mummy. To me this episode was a perfect combination of scary and funny. It was funny because of all the curses getting laid on the family (including the memorable King Ramses song). And it was scary because of the mummy. Ok, it was more along the lines of "creepy", but his design and the way he's animated always creeped me out a bit.

OH GOD YES, that guy creeped me the hell out when I was a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_kyJTr33iM

There was this one Christmas Carol film, and it had a scene where the Spirit of Christmas Present revealed Ignorance and Greed. The way they dressed up the kids was perfect, they looked malnourished, skinny and CREEPY AS FUCK. I nearly shat myself when he lifted his robe and showed those two.

my scariest moment was the first time i saw tails doll i couldnt get any sleep i think he maybe waching me right now

I was about 4 when I saw the movie Twister. I was deathly scared of tornadoes for months after. So you can pretty much expect the chaos going on in my house the day we got a tornado watch.

Also, when we were really little, my brother and I used to watch these books on video... uh, videos. At the end of each one after the credits, a sound like you were dialing a phone played for about a minute (pressing the buttons, not the dial tone).Then... the white screen. Just white. Then an earpiercing screech accompanied the nightmarish blizzard. It drove me to tears if my mom didn't turn it off soon enough.

There was this one Christmas Carol film, and it had a scene where the Spirit of Christmas Present revealed Ignorance and Greed. The way they dressed up the kids was perfect, they looked malnourished, skinny and CREEPY AS FUCK. I nearly shat myself when he lifted his robe and showed those two.

Was it the Disney Robert Zemekis one? That was a little creepy IMO.

And yeah, Courage the Cowardly Dog had some creepy ****. That girl playing the violin and the episode with the cat with the creepy masks were certainly the ones I found really creepy. Hell, even their company's production logo/vanity plate (Stretch Films) scared the crap out of a bunch of kids back then....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysav3zj4vjw&feature=related

Edited by Ananze

Can't properly get to sleep. Suddenly wakes up to the TV displaying this...

Testcard_F.jpg

Fuck...

I wouldn't brand it my 'Scariest moment' but damn, it's freaky. The violin girl and King Ramses from Courage had me scared as a little kid, too.

I've also gotten scared to death by some of the internet's scariest creepypasta and ghost videos. I've scanned /x/ a few times...never again!

...Why am i writing this alone in the dark with just the TV on at 4:30 in the morning?

Edited by Neon

Honestly: When I hit my little sister on the head with a Baseball Bat. We were just playing around outside, and she was 7 by the way. I was 12.

I honestly didn't think I would hit her, she just got in the way, and accidents happen. Shit traumatized me. Then, I realized 4 years later, she's smarter than me. 4.0's on her GPA, and Honor Rolls.

As far as I know... I'm glad I never did that stupid shit ever again.

Edited by TheREVerend

And yeah, Courage the Cowardly Dog had some creepy ****. That girl playing the violin and the episode with the cat with the creepy masks were certainly the ones I found really creepy. Hell, even their company's production logo/vanity plate (Stretch Films) scared the crap out of a bunch of kids back then....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysav3zj4vjw&feature=related

Ooh how I miss 2002-2003 Cartoon Network. That scared me A LOT. I use to get shivers.

Don't forget that rape scene on Boys Don't Cry. I saw that when I was 9 and I started to shiver.

Oh yes, and the old Cartoon Network logo use to give me shivers too. :lol:

Edited by Ishtar

• 5 weeks later...

In Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly (Project Zero II), all of chapter 6 & 7 is seriously freaking. The twin sisters, the dolls, the doll maker, the Ring references, the video tapes playing showing something coming after you... But it escalates when you cross the underground passage and run into Sae, a creepy-as-fuck ghost who will kill you in one hit simply by touching you and chases you all throughout the house, forcing you to hide in closets. Worst of all, you loose your camera in this chapter so regular ghost are a pain. And though not in this video, the closet scare later... Oh god... THIS CHAPTER.

Edited by Dusk Golem

Late reply is late, but I finally decided to look it up. No, it's not a Disney one at all. It was the one by Ronald Neame in 1970. Albert Finney was Scrooge in that one. Did I mention that that version's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come is probably the second creepiest ever, next to the Ghost from the Muppets Christmas Carol? Yeah, it was. But the Muppets one is still, IMHO, the scariest one ever.

Oh crap, that winking donkey reminded me of the very end of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (This also was at the end of the featurettes Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree, Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too, and Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOwXnbF6rTI&feature=related

My mind shat bricks when I saw the stuffed Pooh Bear wink for the first time. I didn't want to play the movie again after seeing that.

Did you ever see The Search For Christopher Robin? That movie got pretty dark.

^ The Search For Christopher Robin is awesome, as is The Tigger Movie. The climax on that one was as hardcore as Pooh could ever manage to be.

Also, my scariest moments in gaming always occur in Minecraft when I turn around and am suddenly ambushed by a spider in broad daylight. I play with the sound off and deprive myself of audio cues, so seeing something pop up that quick in first-person perspective and start killing you is traumatizing. Plus, I'm already a mild arachnophobic. Those stupid things creep me out even from a distance.

Also, going to see The Strangers in theaters was pretty scary too. The movie itself is pretty intense on its own, what with being silent the overwhelming majority of the time and leaving the audience confused as to where the strangers actually were at any given time, much less what they were doing. Couple that with a large and cooperative crowd, and everything makes everyone jump.

TV shows never outright scare me, although I do get a bit nervous when watching Lost Tapes in the early morning while half-asleep.

Besides some of the videos in this topic, reading creepypasta, and watching certain shows like Psych (specifically Tuesday the 17th,) Criminal Minds, and other shows like that.

Good lawd...I was playing Zelda: Wind Waker as a wee little eight-year-old once, having so much fun...then one of those...*shudder*...ReDead things screamed at me. They haunted my nightmares for years to come.

As for things that were intentionally scary, The Ring and The Grudge were both really disturbing when I was 12. I still can't forget Kate's (or whatever her name was) face when they showed her dead body...or the scene where that girl crawls down the stairs...