Awoo.

Scariest moment ever?

Johnny Boy

Yeah lets just leave the "Kartz" business to Mario Kart please. (Personally, even that's gotten stale)

Things that creep me out

The ReDeads from OoT. Traumatizing fuckers at age 7 though I admit the ones from Windwaker would've made me shit myself had I seen them at that age. TP ReDeads are a joke.

The fucking skulltullas from Zelda TP. as if arachnophobia wasn't enough of an issue now I gotta deal with these huge realistic looking fuckers that actually chase you, I can barely get through the forest temple because these things. Straangely enough, I can deal with Armogohma just fine :/

MICHAEL FUCKING MYERS

The music from the ILEX Forest in Pokemon Gold/Silver...hey c'mon you know it's creepy

One thing that scared the shit out of me as a kid was that scene in First Blood, where this cop is walking around in the forest and Rambo's hiding underneath the grass waiting for him, but you can't see it. And Rambo just jumps out of the grass, screaming, and stabs the guy in the arm. Mind you, it's not that scary nowadays. It's actually quite badass when I watch it now.

One thing that scared the shit out of me recently was THIS: (WARNING: this is a screamer)

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue

Me, like almost ANY child that grew up in either Northern Europe (like me), Russia, Israel or Japan in the early 90's will remember being scared shitless of a certain character in a certain show called The Moomins (an anime series based on a series of very melancholic Finnish childrens books). I am not exagerating when i say that it is pretty much a common consensus among children of my generation who grew up in one of these areas where the show aired that she was one of the most horrofying things that we ever experienced in fiction during our childhoods. The character went under the name Groke in the english version, and was a sort of mystrious being who symbolized winter depression (as outright stated by the author of the original books) and was a silent, ghostlike creature who walked around at nights during the winter season and emitted an extreme cold that would instantly freeze to death anyone who came close to her. She had ugly facial features with a gigantic nose and small eyes, and never changed facial expression. The other characters always reacted with fear to the very sound of her name, and she was always accompanied by this very odd, melancholic music piece:

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 1

618_gaming_superstarkartz.jpgAHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! GET IT AWAY!
Wait a minute, Is this a real game? I thought it was a joke to make fun of all the horrible movie tie ins.

Whoever coded and programed this is a real pro and needs to work on future horror games yet to come.

That reminds me of this part in Bioshock where these waxed Splicers would be standing around and would follow you when you weren't looking and freeze in place when you turned around, just like those Mannequins.

I never came across it myself because I didn't explore enough to come across the parts with the statues, but..if it had happened to me without me knowing about it, I know I would have thought it to be creepy.

Edited by krazystitch

• 7 months later...

Hooray, another bump by me.

Anyone who watched Teletubbies should remember THIS thing (I wasn't scared by it a lot when I was younger, but looking back at it now, I'm really surprised I wasn't) :

Anyone who reached @1:52 should lock their doors and windows right now, it knows where you live and wants to rape you.

Edited by Zinos

I don't know I really get scared mainly because I get alot of anxiety from everyday actions. But as a kid this thing used to scared me for a long time and I didn't like going to Blackpool because of him, he used to be at the entrance so you couldn't avoid the bastard even if wanted to.

He's been at Blackpool since 1935 until the fun house burned down and his body was destroyed but apparently only his head survived.

People I present to you the Laughing Man in his current form:

Changed but still creppy, voice recording. I do know I just found him creepy and really tacky looking like Blackpool! tongue.png

My very time I heard the drowning theme from Sonic the Hedgehog when i was a child. I can honestly say that traumatized me for quite awhile lol. Right after I would beat all 3 acts of Spring yard zone I would instantly quit the game. Fucking labyrinth zone!!!!

I don't know I really get scared mainly because I get alot of anxiety from everyday actions. But as a kid this thing used to scared me for a long time and I didn't like going to Blackpool because of him, he used to be at the entrance so you couldn't avoid the bastard even if wanted to.

He's been at Blackpool since 1935 until the fun house burned down and his body was destroyed but apparently only his head survived.

People I present to you the Laughing Man in his current form:

Changed but still creppy, voice recording. I do know I just found him creepy and really tacky looking like Blackpool! tongue.png

That is fucking terrifying. I never want to go to Blackpool now D: Why would they keep that?!

That is fucking terrifying. I never want to go to Blackpool now D: Why would they keep that?!

Trust me, he was more creepy with the old head:

He will find you in your worst nightmares and laugh some more!unsure.png

EDIT: By the way ignore the IT picture and play the video it shows him in his more earlier form! smile.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Trust me, he was more creepy with the old head:

He will find you in your worst nightmares and laugh some more!unsure.png

Oh. My. God.

Absolutely horrifying, that is up there as a candidate for the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

There's only one scene from film that rendered me unable to sleep easily for a few days, and that was the one from Signs where the alien showed up at the birthday party:

To a twelve-year old girl, that alien was real, it was stalking children in South America, and it had friends around the corner of my street coming in the night to kill me with their poisonous wrist gas. In hindsight, it's still such a well-done scene. T'is the tragedy of M.Night Shyamalan.

But recently, this gave me a heart attack. It's a scene from the Animal Planet show River Monsters, (to be fair, I had woken up early and was still in a lucid state.) The host starts describing a Kappa, some mythical Japanese water monster. The description lent itself towards something like a catfish, salamander, or turtle, so I expected the usual generic shaky-cam animal attack, not this:

A predatory hominid was such what-the-fuckery that I couldn't function for a moment. Every dark hallway and open door of my house was filled with Kappa; Hell, if they can walk out of the water, they can surely get to Atlanta.

SilentHill11.jpg

"Nowhere" in the original Silent Hill is one of the most mysterious, disturbing, and creepy moments in the horror classic and really captured a spirit of dread not many games have met. Throughout the whole game weird shit has been going on, but it is here where the game begins to reach it's climax and we are confronted with some of the most haunting yet beautiful music tracks in the whole entire game, very disturbing and difficult enemies, including black shadows that scream and invisible stalkers, as well as one of the characters you've been seeing throughout the game acting weird as fuck. This scene is one of the most memorable climaxes for a game I have ever seen and it went in a completely different direction than most, bringing forth one of the most haunting and memorable moments in gaming I have ever experienced.

Oh my God, this! All of this!

The worst thing about this is the lack of map. You have no idea where you're going, and as soon as you start to figure out what is wrong with the nurse... shit hits the fan.

That one room you enter, where it seems like nothing is in it... and then you leave only to hear a huge glass window shatter, still haunts me. Then there are those children, who up until this point don't harm you at all. But now all of the sudden they can kill you!? I had to run that whole time (especially on harder difficulties).

Some of the scenes in Silent Hill games are just too freaky for words. Yet they just keep pulling you back in.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I'm not really that easily frightened by things that scare most folks. I might get a little jumpy and get an adrenaline rush for a while, but I won't lose sleep over it.

But there was this one movie....

That I've never actually sat down and watched more than a few clips of on Youtube.... (But I know the plot because I looked it up on Wikipedia. Yeah, I know. I spoiled the movie for myself)

Okay, here's how I discovered it. A couple years ago, I was watching Watership Down (which has some creepiness in its own right) for the first time on Youtube. I remember one part where a guy in the comments mentioned other 'dark' films; Plague Dogs....and Felidae. And for those of you who don't know what the latter is, allow me to educate you.

It's basically a murder mystery noir film based on a book with the same name. And it stars cats. And it's animated in vein of a Don Bluth film. But instead of the 'G' teetering on 'PG'-rated darkness you see in the Secret of NIMH and the like, Felidae is a little more....adult-oriented. Oddly enough, it did get a 12+ rating in Germany, where it was originally released. But with all the swearing, sexual themes, gruesome deaths (including one in particular that was not only gruesome, but utterly sick on so many levels) and so much more, I seriously doubt things were so...'kind' for the English release.

Now, like I said, I'm not one to lose sleep over a movie. But THIS movie? All it took was me reading through the Parent's Guide section of its IMDb page and seeing a few screenshots and....there went my sleep. Don't know how I was affected so much by those little things, but I was. Can't look at anything relating to that movie without a shiver running down my spine.

And I've never actually watched it.

For me, that's bad.=/

Oh god, not Felidae! Anything but Felidae! Seriously, all I know about it is a few of the very gruesome death scenes and I've lost a fuck ton of sleep! From the stuff I heard, I can not only conclude that Felidae is horrifying but it fucked up on so many levels! I mean, all I needed was to hear about some of it and I got scarred. Just horrifying!

So far the scariest moment would have to be from Silent Hill on PSX. There was one moment where I was walking in the school (the first area), just checking all the rooms. I went inside a boy's bathroom just to see if I missed something. I was then greeted by the sounds of a young girl crying. It may not sound like much, but that scared me half to death, mainly because I thought I went in that room already and found nothing. This game's atmosphere is already creepy as hell without pulling stuff like that. The blood locker scare is also a good one.

Though I recently acquired Silent Hill 2 and am playing through it. And let me tell ya, it is goddamn terrifying. I didn't think any game, book, or movie would top SH1 in terms of scariness, but I guess I was wrong. One of the creepiest things is that your radio (which alerts you to the presence of monsters) is not as reliable as in the first game. One of those leg monsters jumped out at me before the radio could emit static, and I nearly crapped my pants. Not to mention the lighting in this game also really adds to the tension. So far it's shaping up to be the scariest thing to ever exist ever.

Lastly, when I was a bit younger I looked at a bunch of videos of Clock Tower for the SNES. I have yet to actually play it, but seeing that game gave me many a sleepless night. For a younger kid, it would really make you paranoid, what with the killer deformed 9-year old with giant scissors ready to spring at you at any moment.