Awoo.

Scariest moment ever?

Johnny Boy

I just have to say that Felidae is a pretty cool film, and that its violent imagery is severely undercut by the cartoony art style and animation on the cats. Watership Down affected me much worse considering they went to great lengths to render what it must be like for a realistic rabbit to slowly die in a snare. The studio didn't tone themselves down either for their second go: Plague Dogs featured a crash zoom of a man with his face eaten off by starving dogs. Now that's hardcore.

Don't get me started on Akira.

I just have to say that Felidae is a pretty cool film, and that its violent imagery is severely undercut by the cartoony art style and animation on the cats. Watership Down affected me much worse considering they went to great lengths to render what it must be like for a realistic rabbit to slowly die in a snare. The studio didn't tone themselves down either for their second go: Plague Dogs featured a crash zoom of a man with his face eaten off by starving dogs. Now that's hardcore.

Don't get me started on Akira.

....I never want to watch Plague Dogs. .__.;;

And I found the snare scene disturbing, but not quite as much as Blackavar's death. Yeah, the snare scene does have the whole 'suspense' thing (the music didn't really help matters either), and you're constantly thinking 'Bigwig's gonna die, Bigwig's gonna die' and so on. But it's the sudden things that tend to get me, such as the aforementioned death scene. Yeah, the snare scene is far more suspenseful, but still.=/

Heh, the American release of The Plague Dogs is edited (much to my dismay; I took me awhile to even find a copy), so you don't see the corpse, just the suggestion of what the protagonists did. You do, however, see a man get his face accidentally blown off by a shotgun. While he covers his face and you don't witness the damage, well...I still suggest you don't watch the film if that little scenario bothers you. xP

Blackavar's death was sudden but anticlimatic. It was also tragic in that I was rooting for the poor fool to make it. His sacrifice was practically in vain, barely aiding in preventing Woundwart from getting deeper in the warren in the first place. Blackavar was weak and should've stayed behind dammit.

Oddly enough, the ending to the movie A.I

MV5BMTMwNDI0NjU1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTcwOTI3MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Why did it "scare" me? It's quite simple. When the movie first came out, I was relatively young and seeing the movie made me feel for the character (the little boy robot). At the end, when the world turned to shit and the world was covered in water and ruins, aliens came and gave him a "wish," so he had his "mother" come back. That didn't bother me. Unfortunately, his mother could only live for a day and she died at the end of said day. Then he was just left alone... sitting there... not being able to die anytime soon. He laid there with his died mother for a few hundred or even thousand years before his hardware gave way and he too experienced "death."

Just the thought of being all alone in a world that has literally ended and not being able to die due to the fact that you are a sophisticated robot with artificial intelligence, meaning you learn and accept the fact that you are all by yourself, is kind of frightening. I literally couldn't sleep that night without some sort of light on in my room, it just freaked me out for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

timmy.jpg

This twat still scares me to this day watch this:

This will video will give you nightmares! blink.png

Surprisingly this spawn of Satan did not give birth to Jedward!

Edited by BW199148

When we're speaking on scariest moments involving games; anything that has to do with Team Fortress in any way, shape, or form.

I cringe from the thought, the characters just... -shiver- I don't know, but I do not like them. D:

Plus, Garrys Mod really doesn't help with that fear. ;___;

Other than that, when thinking of scariest moments EVER...

I remember being on my computer one night, just derpin' around online as usual and suddenly,

I feel this.. fuzzy, tickling feeling on my ankle, right ?

Well...... when I glanced down... OHMYGOD, IT WAS A CENTIPEDE. SDFGHJDFSAL;KHFKSDA JUST'A'CRAWLIN' UP MAH LEG.

It. was. so. sosososo. SO TERRIFYINGLY HORRID.

I screamed and cried, and screamed some more, and cried a little more... andand, yeah... worse night ever.

Edited by KaleidoKitty

Anybody know about those Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books for kids? The stories were pretty creepy, yeah, but more than anything it was the illustrations that were downright terryfying to me. I mean dang, I still sorta get the creeps looking at them even now.

30tjpg0.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Anybody know about those Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books for kids? The stories were pretty creepy, yeah, but more than anything it was the illustrations that were downright terryfying to me. I mean dang, I still sorta get the creeps looking at them even now.

30tjpg0.jpg

Ah yes, I have the entire trilogy somewhere.

Yeah, the illustrations were quite creepy, it's gotten the entire trilogy challenged by Moral Guardians several times.

The one that creeped me out the most was this one:

20506793.gif

Enjoy your nightmare fuel. More coming soon :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally the scene where Zurg perverts the power of the Unimind in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins, can be quite unsettling. But the whole thing comes to a head when Buzz, Mira, Booster, and XR return to Star Command, and find out that Zurg took over when they find that everyone is now speaking in his voice. Darth Vader-voice + LGM body + Solid red eyes of doom = does not mix. And then there's Ty's first transformation into the wirewolf. Let me reiterate, he got bit by NOS4A2, and changes into the beast everytime the moon is visible, and let me reiterate that by saying: The man just roboticizes into a werewolf like monster, hellbent on sucking energy from robots, and hellbent on killing Buzz. Worst of all, they showed that cutscene for when you go up against him in the videogame, which is creepy as fuck in that level, since it's a literal timed mission and you need to kill a set ammount of enemies before the door can open so you can disable the bomb.

There was a part from a manga that caught me at an AWFUL time when I was already severely depressed, can't describe it in full detail without potentially melting down.

Robots of any kind scared the crap out of me when I was little, along with, for some reason, statues. Currently, this tops my creepy list. Strange enough to scare you, yet artistic enough to make you keep watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnP3RlpKDtQ

• Thumbs Up 1

Recently my newest scare factor has been from the indie game, Ao Oni. I didn't even expect this game to scare me, at first it didn't... But over time It's been getting me.

I'm also going to link to a popular horror manga that is known to be quite creepy, wonder what some of you guys will think of it? Check it out:

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue

For those who haven't read this before, I am an ass.

There were a couple of scenes from Apollo 18 that scared me the first time I saw it. Once where Nate was attacked outside the rocket, and the spider-alien-thing crawled across his screaming face. And the other was when Ben was in the Russian space craft, trying to escape the moon, when all of a sudden the alien parasites attacked him, making him crash into John's ship, killing both.

Recently my newest scare factor has been from the indie game, Ao Oni. I didn't even expect this game to scare me, at first it didn't... But over time It's been getting me.

[media=]

I'm also going to link to a popular horror manga that is known to be quite creepy, wonder what some of you guys will think of it? Check it out:

http://comic.naver.c...=20&weekday=tue

Might have to check out that Indie game. It doesn't seem that creepy, but random videos of horror games are rarely as creepy as the games themselves.

Read part of that manga...

Screw You! I wasn't expecting that! ; . ;

I recently finished Silent Hill: Origins. The atmosphere wasn't as creepy as the first game, but there was this one moment when you're in the hotel and you look through the peep holes... I won't spoil it.

I also found this 2D retro version of Silent Hill 2 that I've been hearing good things about. http://superflatgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=139

http://comic.naver.c...=20&weekday=tue

So I took a brief look at it...

I don't even get it. I can't read Korean (if that IS the langage) so how am I go-HOLY NUTS. I really should had taken your spoiler more seriously. >_<

• 6 months later...

Topic bump!

I, Robot was another thing that scared me, namely the underwater scenes of Will Smith's character's backstory for two scenes in the film and the actual design of the androids just creeped me out. The music regarding the latter did not help matters. But nowadays I like the film.

(Kevin Bacon in) Hollow Man. I haven't actually seen the film (only the poster/covers), but the visual effects used on Kevin Bacon to make him look "invisible" sits very far down within the uncanny valley, it was one of my biggest childhood fears. That face he makes on the DVD/VHS cover sleeve (in link) is one of those scary faces I was talking about in an earlier post in this thread. Actually, a lot of these "scary" faces I talk about are mostly from film posters. :(

Whenever I watch a video which was designed for the purpose of convincing me that a certain celebrity or politician is a "disguised reptilian" or "android" or "possessed by demons", I truly get freaked out and have trouble sleeping for a few nights in a row. There's always that slow-motion effect with the replay and the zoom-in on the eyes of the person and the dramatic music in the background. It's all an effective mix which delivers some kind of unpleasant psychological effect on most people's minds.

Also, I was scared shitless for several nights after watching The Ring in both the original Japanese variant and the adapted American variant. The way that the witch climbs out of a television screen which magically turns on by itself.... I was terrified of walking past television screens inside dark empty rooms for quite a while. *shudder*

Asides from these little things, I have quite an iron stomach and nothing really scares me. I'm quite accustomed to seeing blood and guts splattering all over the place, so that doesn't have any goosebump effect on me at all.

Heck, not even spiders scare me because I'm fully aware of how beneficial they can be in keeping other filthy insects away from me. Hmph.

Edited by 188DarkRevived

SA-X in Metroid Fusion, "come out, come out and die in terror wherever you are..." Dracula's speech in Castlevania: Lament of Innocence