- Paramount Television Studios
- Original Television
- Jeff Fowler (pilot)
- Ged Wright
- Brandon Trost
- Jorma Taccone
- Carol Banker
- Jeff Fowler
- Toby Ascher
- Idris Elba
- Jeff Fowler
- John Whittington
- Brian Schacter
- James Madejski
'Knuckles' is a live-action television series set within the Sonic the Hedgehog movie universe as established by Paramount Pictures. It is a spin-off of the mainline Sonic the Hedgehog movies, focusing on the blue blur's rival Knuckles the Echidna. Canonically, the series is intended to be set between the events of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
The show is set for release on streaming service Paramount+ in 2023.
It was announced on 17 April 2023 that the series will see Knuckles “agreeing to train Wade as his protege and teach him the ways of the echidna warrior.”
- Idris Elba as the voice of Knuckles the Echidna
- Adam Pally as Wade Whipple
- Tika Sumpter as Maddie Wachowski
- Edi Patterson [TBC]
- Julian Barratt [TBC]
- Kid Cudi [TBC]
- Ellie Taylor [TBC]
- Rory McCann [TBC]
Knuckles was formally announced to be in development during the Paramount Global Investors Connect day on 15th February 2022, alongside the reveal of Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Initially titled 'Sonic the Series', Paramount confirmed on the same day that Idris Elba would reprise his role as Knuckles the Echidna in the Knuckles TV spinoff. [Link]
Jeff Fowler confirmed the show's final name as well as his involvement as writer and director on 17th April 2023. A brief synopsis for the pilot episode was also revealed, teasing that Knuckles would be training Green Hills cop Wade Whipple in the echidna warrior ways. Cast and staff were announced later that day through various media outlets. [Link]
Directed by: Jeff Fowler
Written by: John Whittington
Air date: TBC 2023
Production Code: TBC
- Jeff Fowler's teaser image for the Knuckles TV series features a hat which resembles that of the one worn by the echidna in the animated Japanese miniseries 'Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie'.
- Kid Cudi is said to feature in the series - he has previously performed the credits theme to the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie, 'Stars in the Sky'.
- While the original title for the TV show was 'Sonic: The Series' (see image above), with the final name change on 17 April this marks the first time a Sonic the Hedgehog TV show has not prominently featured the blue blur.
Please visit the Forums for general discussion on this topic.
There are no comments to display.